Claudia's attire

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Nurse Babz
My Bestsellers Clerk
Location: Is Florida considered the Dirty South or East Coast?

Post by Nurse Babz »

Does Claudia have shaved eyebrows, or is she just one of those REALLY REALLY REALLY blonde individuals who have white blonde hair?

Doesn't Dahlia wear crazy clothes, too? Like a large head scarf, a striped tie and...the rest of her closet I think?
There was a Dead RN here. It's alive now.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/6301/nbxmzw0.jpg[/img][/url]
lain of the wired
Historical Society Historian
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

Shaved, for the reasons mentioned above.

As for Dahlia, it's more of a veil than a scarf, and yes, she looks like a schizophrenic-type hobo. I don't know why they did that. She'd have looked fine if they'd just kept the tie out of it, IMO... :|
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
Nurse Babz
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Nurse Babz »

I was joking. And making fun of really really blonde people. I know they're really shaved I just tried to be amusing... :|
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/6301/nbxmzw0.jpg[/img][/url]
Nurse Yorda
Just Passing Through

Re: Claudia's attire

Post by Nurse Yorda »

Anakin wrote:Claudia, a priestess of the order, child-hood friend of Alessa, and must have the title of worst (human)style of clothing in the Silent Hill series. She wears a long black cloak/dress with shaved eyebrows and she walks around the barefoot. Even Vincent dresses better than her and hes in The Order. Thoughts on why Claudia has such a weird appearence?
I agree with a few others that have said this in a different way. I think she could care less for what she wears. I doubt that it's that she lacks any "fashion sense", it may be she just want to get her message across to others in the game with her words, not her choice of dress.

Although...she really is very weird so her personality my take a drastic role in her style as well... No one really knows.
lain of the wired

^That certainly makes sense some good- why should she care for worldly possessions and trivial crap like style? She is, after all, preparing for and trying to bring about armageddon, soo...
Nurse Yorda
Just Passing Through

Post by Nurse Yorda »

^ -lol- Ahh. Thank you and exactly my point, Lain. We're just lucky she's actually wearing something decent and not running around naked, covered in blood like some sort of maniac.
Keeva
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Keeva »

Claudia is a typical religious zealot, and her words convey her intenions more so than her clothes. Nurse Yorda is right- We're lucky that she doesn't scorn clothes and at least wears something. Vincent, while also weird in his own sense, is dressed better than Clauida, and that may be indicative of his more rounded religious beliefs. He conveys himself in a different manner. Claudia chooses words to indicate power and her strict obedience to her religion. Vincent chooses action, as was seen when he confronted Claudia before she murdered him.
"That which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
lain of the wired

Oh c'mon- this looks beast. Or what about this?
If that doesn't say "religious zealot" I don't know what does!
Hjartu
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Hjartu »

Yeah. It's definately harder to tell her emotion without eyebrows, and considering she's so devoted to bringing in paradise, she'd have to set those aside anyway. Er... her emotions, not her eyebrows, hah.

They did want to go with the design of her with the tattoos, but it was too complex and hard to render, so they couldn't. Besides that, it was a pretty dramatic representation of her role- almost too much so.

They didn't draw much attention to her appearence, and though she's rather unsettling, it suits her character. You can tell that there was a lot of thought put into how they really wanted to portray her.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/hjartu/junjisig.jpg[/img]
lain of the wired

They did want to go with the design of her with the tattoos, but it was too complex and hard to render
Nah- it's not that hard to render. It would have just been too busy, design-wise. Not to mention distracting for her to be running around naked/half-naked. I think they really kept the tatoos out of it because of that scene at the end,
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
when she takes in the godly fetus and gets all... veiny, it would have been hard to distinguish from the tatoos if they'd kept them.
Nurse Yorda
Just Passing Through

Post by Nurse Yorda »

lain of the wired wrote:Nah- it's not that hard to render. It would have just been too busy, design-wise. Not to mention distracting for her to be running around naked/half-naked. I think they really kept the tatoos out of it because of that scene at the end,
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
when she takes in the godly fetus and gets all... veiny, it would have been hard to distinguish from the tatoos if they'd kept them.
I think the tatoos would've definately overdid...and the...half-naked-ness. Like I said, thank god she has all her clothes on...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yeah the concept art is a little extreme. The final dressing of her is more eerie though.
Nurse Yorda
Just Passing Through

Post by Nurse Yorda »

Anakin wrote:Yeah the concept art is a little extreme. The final dressing of her is more eerie though.
Exactly. I can agree with you on that. Is she barefoot in the game??
lain of the wired

That she is.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yes, she is bare-foot through all that nasty rusty world.
.-Ape-Demon-.
Gravedigger

Post by .-Ape-Demon-. »

Hannah wrote:
Hobo. :x
Damn straight.

Claudia's attire is very apropriate, I think. Dark and very plain, but also seemingly like an old preist's or monk robe.
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. "
-Marcus Aurelius

"Abraham Lincon was born in a log cabin which he built with his own hands"
-Anonymous College Student.

"If the crib is on fire, you don't assume the baby is flame retardant."
-Al Gore
lain of the wired

I swear, if people don't stop saying Vincent is dressed like a hobo, lain gonna hafta smack a bitch.

He's dressed in an old-fashioned way. I mean, he's got a freaking pocket watch and everything! Now, Dahlia on the other hand... that's hobo.
Nurse Babz
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Nurse Babz »

Seconded. He's bringing 1950 back. He's a gentleman until he opens his mouth.
Loki_AoD
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Loki_AoD »

Claudia looks as if she might be someone from the mid to late 1800s. One could also say that she looks like she came from a wealthy british family. One with a high status possibly.
Don't Spam, I might just bludgeon you to death with a wooden spork.
[url=http://shfanfics.silenthillfever.com/calichemenu.html][img]http://xd4.xanga.com/cd7a7147c503180344109/w54700402.jpg[/img][/url]
The Second Sign. And God said, Offer the Blood of the Ten Sinners and the White Oil. Be then released from the bonds of the flesh, and gain the Power of Heaven. - 21 Sacraments
.-Ape-Demon-.
Gravedigger

Post by .-Ape-Demon-. »

Nurse Babz wrote:Seconded. He's bringing 1950 back. He's a gentleman until he opens his mouth.
Yeah, sure. But the idea of being an Intelectual Hobo kinda has that same appeal as a Wandering Kung-Fu Master...Vincent as a Wandering Kung-Fu Master....

Okay, I retract my previous statement and third...idid...it...

And Dahlia, in all honesty, reminds me of the sort of person my Grandmother was. Bitter at the world and owning about forty thousand cats.
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. "
-Marcus Aurelius

"Abraham Lincon was born in a log cabin which he built with his own hands"
-Anonymous College Student.

"If the crib is on fire, you don't assume the baby is flame retardant."
-Al Gore