why is valtiel always harassing nurses?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

alessas angel
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by alessas angel »

I dont know, it seems like he sure missed a lot of monsters tho :lol: of course if he got them all there would be no game :!:
Life changes daily so go with it!
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, he wasn't going to actively protect her, because the monsters are there for Heather to kill, which would fill her with hate and help God be born. But if a monster actually succeeds in killing Heather, Valtiel will bring her back until she gets it right. The monsters and Valtiel are on the same side.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Teimoshi
Just Passing Through

Post by Teimoshi »

Just which monster is Valtiel?
[color=red][b]Nevermore.... Nevermore.... Nevermore....[/b][/color]

[color=fuchsia][i]"Deep into that darkness peering,
Long I stood there,
Wondering... Fearing... Doubting..."[/i][/color]
[color=fuchsia]-Edgar Allen Poe-[/color]
D90
Hope House Careworker

Post by D90 »

The dude turning the valves.
Drags Heather's body away when you die.
Looks kinda like Pyramid Head, but without the Pyramid.
Thinks Nurses are hawt.
Owns a Porsche.
Kuna_phi
Just Passing Through

Post by Kuna_phi »

Maybe God just wants Valtiel to punish the nurse

"I`m holding God in my arms and I`m the baby in her amrs"

Heather was Alessa..hmm..so maybe Alessa has some sort of resentment towards the nurse?..meh who knows?

and yes, Valtiel is the mack daddy LOL
oh no..I`m all alone with friends ;_;
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Valtiel is punishing one of the nurses: Lisa Garland. It's also preparing her for metempsychosis.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
DeSilva
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by DeSilva »

I thought he was just doing stuff to keep the world in order, maitenence stuff. and when the time came he would be there for Heather to give birth...

I didnt think he was so much harrasing the nurses, just becouse its Silent Hill and it's weird...
Goodbye Silent HIll!
(Please Mr. Admin, banish me)
lain of the wired
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

Let's not play the "it's-Silent-Hill-so-it-doesn't-have-to-make-sense" card, ok? Like, ever. You were doing just fine with your first assumption, which does indeed seem to be the case. Just because an event looks random to an outside observer doesn't make it so, afterall.
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
DeSilva
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by DeSilva »

lain of the wired wrote:Let's not play the "it's-Silent-Hill-so-it-doesn't-have-to-make-sense" card, ok? Like, ever. You were doing just fine with your first assumption, which does indeed seem to be the case. Just because an event looks random to an outside observer doesn't make it so, afterall.
Yes, we can play that card, and i am. when i first saw it, that is exactly along the lines of what i thought. i saw it, i thought about it, i moved on... They are just game developers, i doubt they sat down like the rest of us currently are contemplating the reasoning and meaning behind every strange event, if they did i think there would be greater gaps of time between the games. if you have a theory state it, but don't tell someone not to say something when they make a statement and you dont like it.

Now if there was a reason to it, i didnt catch it, i said what i said becouse it caught me off guard, it interested me, and my only thought on the matter was that he was keeping the other world in some kind of order. Why? i dont know. How does it work? i dont know. that doesnt have to make sense to me.
Goodbye Silent HIll!
(Please Mr. Admin, banish me)
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yes, we can play that card, and i am.
No, you can't, because everything in Silent Hill has a reason behind it. Even the Otherworld must abide by Cause and Effect.
if you have a theory state it, but don't tell someone not to say something when they make a statement and you dont like it.
Saying "It doesn't have to make sense lol" isn't a theory.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
five5sixers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by five5sixers »

Gotta say I'm with them on that. Silent Hill doesn't just do "quazy things" because it can. Even if the reasoning behind things is hidden deeply and warped, it's still there. Just because something appears random doesn't mean it is, but fair enough, that's what a lot of people figure when they see a lot of the stuff "Oh, that was very strange, well moving on", it's not usually the first thing you do, looking into the reasoning of everything, but just because of that doesn't mean you can ignore the reason either.
Book of Memories ID: five5sixers
lain of the wired
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

if you have a theory state it, but don't tell someone not to say something when they make a statement and you dont like it.
Not saying they can't say it because I don't like it. I'll kindly request that you take your words out of my mouth, thank you. I've had tastier. Like Aura's.
Now if there was a reason to it, i didnt catch it, i said what i said becouse it caught me off guard, it interested me, and my only thought on the matter was that he was keeping the other world in some kind of order. Why? i dont know. How does it work? i dont know. that doesnt have to make sense to me.
A bad movie often includes plotholes big enough to drive elephants through. The same goes for a bad game. When we play a game, we don't just walk on the ceiling because the designers thought we should- they put some kind of device there to explain why we can. We don't know the details of the physics involved, but we don't say "magic," we say "advanced science." The same goes for SH and Valtiel. He's doing things to prepare the way for god. We don't understand how it prepares the way, if we can look around and find details that are actually written by Team Silent and see that Valtiel is a being whose purpose is to help bring about the birth of god, then we can logically extend that purpose to his actions. As you say, we don't have to understand it, but as xoxsnoof says, we don't have to "ignore [it,] either."
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
NeoAquarius12
Gravedigger

Post by NeoAquarius12 »

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bh1CNO9-k ... re=related

Is this from the actual game?
I don't remember it at all.
I don't make a signature.
Except for the part of the signature explaining that I don't.
And that.
And that.
And that.
...and that.
Baal
Just Passing Through

Post by Baal »

^ Looks like the area in the hospital with the smoky glass, except there is no smoky glass to be found.
Give me peace and chemicals. I wanna run into. . .
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

It's a camera hack.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
michinobu_zoned
Just Passing Through

Post by michinobu_zoned »

lain of the wired wrote:^Wow, that was retarded...

Anyway: I'm not disputing the idea of him being the enactor of metempsychosis; I simply don't think that manifestations of fears (ie illusions that can hit very hard) would have souls. I mean, Lisa was a special case- she was a memory of a specific person. But look at the Lost Memories page on the Chariot: Lisa gets no reincarnation, why should the nurse monsters?
The other nurses, if I may interpret literally for a moment, all look the same, which leads me to believe that they are all generalized figures representing the fear, rather than memories of former individuals. This therefore leads me to believe that there is no "soul" to them, as they are only a part of the memories of Alessa, and memories have no souls.
But please, by all means- convince me otherwise. You've got me interested, now. :wink:
Well, moving off the game canon, Roger Avary said that the monsters in the movie were all people at one point in time. With that in mind, if you look at the "Making of Silent Hill 3" one of the creators said that the monsters could literally be anybody. You're even lead to wonder if the monsters weren't just normal everyday people who might've been killed, innocently by a hallucinating Heather.

But, even if the monsters all look the same, it could be that the designers did this because it was cheaper, and have nothing to do with the story's plot. Like, with cartoon images of Santa in his workshop with an army of clone dwarves (called "elves" for some reason), it's still assumed that each one is a unique individual and that the cartoonists were just being lazy.

The same idea applies to the Silent Hill franchise. Since having an individual model be allowed to be used only once, would not only cost Konami more money in paying the artists responsible but it would require more disk-space and thus would equal more money being spent on manufacturing each game, one can assume that developers may have intended for each nurse was her own individual - regardless if she looked like the next nurse.

I really do think that they all have souls, not only because of the movie since that has no bearing on game canon (past SH 1-4 that is) but because you see these monsters in the place of where humans would be had there never been an "otherworld".
DeSilva wrote:They are just game developers, i doubt they sat down like the rest of us currently are contemplating the reasoning and meaning behind every strange event, if they did i think there would be greater gaps of time between the games.
Having done some creative work of my own, I can say that sometimes you leave things out of your work so as to allow the audience to draw their own conclusions. It's like if you've ever taken English 4 AP, the writer of a poem will often times allude things, or have a meaning behind a seemingly pointless conversation. But, the idea is that you come up with your own conclusions and what they thought or what went on in their own life really doesn't lead you to the meaning behind their work.

Oh, and I want to add something else. As far as WHAT valtiel's doing to the women monsters, it really looks like he's raping and-or torturing them. And, seeing him take away Heather after Heather dies seems to make his presence even more creepy.

But, the theory of metempsychosis makes ALOT of sense when you look at the fact that he never tries to hurt Heather but still drags her dead body along. He's either purifying the nurses' souls or he's trying to help Heather - that is if he isn't deriving some sort of sick pleasure by torturing them.

But, I really do think that the monsters are souls of those who died in Silent Hill, condemned to live there as a result of what the cult had done to Alessa. As a way of coping with her suffering she might be forcing other people to suffer as well in the form of something ugly and painfully deformed.

***Please don't double post, use the edit button***
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Roger Avary said that the monsters in the movie were all people at one point in time.
No he didn't, and that couldn't be possible anyway.
With that in mind, if you look at the "Making of Silent Hill 3" one of the creators said that the monsters could literally be anybody. You're even lead to wonder if the monsters weren't just normal everyday people who might've been killed, innocently by a hallucinating Heather.
I know where you're going with this. But only the Missionary, Scrapers, and Leonard in the Game Canon were ever human.
I really do think that they all have souls, not only because of the movie since that has no bearing on game canon (past SH 1-4 that is) but because you see these monsters in the place of where humans would be had there never been an "otherworld".
Good luck with that. *eyeroll*
Oh, and I want to add something else. As far as WHAT valtiel's doing to the women monsters, it really looks like he's raping and-or torturing them. And, seeing him take away Heather after Heather dies seems to make his presence even more creepy.

But, the theory of metempsychosis makes ALOT of sense when you look at the fact that he never tries to hurt Heather but still drags her dead body along. He's either purifying the nurses' souls or he's trying to help Heather - that is if he isn't deriving some sort of sick pleasure by torturing them.
It's not a theory, it's a fact.
But, I really do think that the monsters are souls of those who died in Silent Hill, condemned to live there as a result of what the cult had done to Alessa. As a way of coping with her suffering she might be forcing other people to suffer as well in the form of something ugly and painfully deformed.
Too bad Alessa didn't make all of the monsters in the Otherworld, and that the ones she did make were probably subconscious, and that Alessa doesn't possess the power of metempsychosis.
michinobu_zoned
Just Passing Through

Post by michinobu_zoned »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Roger Avary said that the monsters in the movie were all people at one point in time.
No he didn't, and that couldn't be possible anyway.
I could be wrong, but I do believe it was the screenwriter who said that on a ShoTime special. That's why the cockroaches had human faces, because they were human.
AuraTwilight wrote: Too bad Alessa didn't make all of the monsters in the Otherworld, and that the ones she did make were probably subconscious, and that Alessa doesn't possess the power of metempsychosis.
Well, they would be the result of her subconscious as she might not willingly force people to that kind of fate. But, the power of metempsychosis would be that of God which she was the mother of.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I could be wrong, but I do believe it was the screenwriter who said that on a ShoTime special. That's why the cockroaches had human faces, because they were human.
He said that "The monsters might be humans, or they might be manifestations of Alessa's pain. It's really up to interpretation. (chuckle)." In other words, he was pulling a Vincent.
Well, they would be the result of her subconscious as she might not willingly force people to that kind of fate. But, the power of metempsychosis would be that of God which she was the mother of.
Alessa can't use the God's powers, nor would she want/allow herself to.
Last edited by AuraTwilight on 15 May 2008, edited 1 time in total.
Reciever_Of_Wisdom
Just Passing Through

Post by Reciever_Of_Wisdom »

Well, it all seems very much like rape, and rape seems to be a common theme amongst the tourists of Silent Hill, with PH raping pretty much everything, and Heather having an intense fear of being raped herself. Seems like maybe the town just picks up on this "don't rape me plz" vibe and rolls with it
[size=67][color=red]If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin.[/color][/size]