Hope House or Wish House?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Chy-Fi
Just Passing Through

Hope House or Wish House?

Post by Chy-Fi »

Before I played SH3 I played SH4 and my favorite stage was the Wish House. Then I read the paper you get under your door(or is it somewhere else?i dunno,haven't played it for a wile) that Joseph Schriver wrote<--spelled right?oh well... Then in the hospital in SH3 I read the magizine in one of the rooms that was was about the Hope House and I thought WOW then at the end of the article, it says Joseph Schriver and that just made my day.

So I have to ask...Is it Hope House or Wish House?
I am the very model of a scientist salarian. I've studied species turian, asari and batarian. I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology). My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian. I am the very model of a scientist salarian.
B5160-R
Historical Society Historian

Post by B5160-R »

Both. They changed it from Hope House to Wish House. Possibly, it was just a matter of different translations, but there's an actual orphanage called Hope House, which could be the reason why they decided (had?) to change the name.
[ Un-Space Exploration - UE photo blog ]
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Yeah.. yet another connection between sh4.. and all the other sh games.. it's kinda like they took elements from the first three sh games.. and combined them together to create an entirely new game expirence.... Hope House.. Wish House same thing.. also the whole Walter Sulivan thing was awesome!! Great Murder mystery through in there as well..
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
Warrior of Death
Just Passing Through

Post by Warrior of Death »

Yeah, I once wondered that too, that article about the Hope House appears in SH3 and SH4, and you get to see the place in SH4 but now called "Wish House", even Alessa is mentioned in some note located in that place... and same thing with the religion, it's Called "The Cult" in SH3 but they change the name to "The Order" in SH4.
BondofFlame
Just Passing Through

Post by BondofFlame »

Either Hope House or Wish House works. Considering how in Japanese there's a symbol that means either hope or wish... so, it could just be a matter of translation as mentioned above :]
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Post by KiramidHead »

I just beat SH3 and am working on SH4. I'm pretty sure that SH3 refers to the cult as the Order in that article.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Post by Aric - The Reaper »

The Cult and The Order, Hope House and Wish House, are all the same, people often call them by different names, some call the people The Cult while they themselves call it The Order. Same goes for the orphanage. That's my opinion anyway.
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.