Character study: Vincent.

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I think it matters, esp. given your history of false claims.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Kozmo
Just Passing Through

Post by Kozmo »

Jedah wrote:
PeachySakura24 wrote: When he was talking about the pleasures of this world, my eyebrows shot right up. I was all, "What do you, of all people, know about sexual pleasure?"
...Pleasures of this world don’t necessarily mean sexual pleasure....
Still. He does one of those nasty smiles and if you have a wide enough screen you might notice his right hand makes a sort of jerking off motion as he says that. Still, it doesn't matter if his pleasures are sexual or as has been suggested earlier, skiing or something...

I was a little surprized recent playthrough when I made Heather walk over to his corpse before eating the aglaophotis. She says she hated him but didn't necessarily want him to die. Hated him! I thought that was a bit harsh. Kooky as he is he HAS helped her all the way through.
HeresJohnny
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by HeresJohnny »

^Just shows immaturity on Heather's part if she doesn't realize all he had actually done for her. I think hate was kind of a strong word for her to use regarding Vincent. She may not understand him but what reason would she have to hate him?
HeathersVincentFangirlBFF
Just Passing Through

Post by HeathersVincentFangirlBFF »

That was incredibly mean of her to judge him like that. I mean, I can understand where she's coming from,but still...
Father Vincent <33333333333333
Pyramid Head<3333333333
Heather's mah BFF!!
LISA RULEZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!
Burning Man
Historical Society Historian

Post by Burning Man »

Well, Heather was never meant to be a "nice girl." The developers made sure of that. I suppose their intention was to give her more character.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
Just Passing Through

Yeah, I understand that. She just,uh, not exactly a goodie-goodie? Yeah, that's it. And Vinnie was givin' her baaaaaaaaad vibes. I could tell. :?
Pyramid Head<3333333333
Heather's mah BFF!!
Kozmo
Just Passing Through

Post by Kozmo »

AuraTwilight wrote:
The novel doesn't go into detail, but it does explain why Vincent left Wall Street to join the Order.
I never said I read the whole books, just portions I've found online.
Where can one find these novels, or the portions online, anyway? Are they in Japanese? It would be more motivation for me to brush up on my Japanese. :D
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

the portions online I mentioned were the "peek inside" pages on JP Amazon (where you can also buy the books), along with some fan leaks on obscure forums I can't find anymore.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Burning Man

Post by Burning Man »

Don't bother going to Amazon Japan. There are no "peek inside" pages for the novel.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Kozmo
Just Passing Through

Post by Kozmo »

Burning Man wrote:Don't bother going to Amazon Japan. There are no "peek inside" pages for the novel.
Bummer. But they are still available?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Don't bother going to Amazon Japan. There are no "peek inside" pages for the novel.
They took them down? That sucks.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Burning Man

Post by Burning Man »

Kozmo wrote:
Burning Man wrote:Don't bother going to Amazon Japan. There are no "peek inside" pages for the novel.
Bummer. But they are still available?
Yes, the novels are still available to buy.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

You know, if someone wants to buy those novels and scan them online, I'd be more than happy to translate them. And if anyone wants to help out, we can make a SHH project out of it.

Or someone can direct me to the page where you can purchase them 'cause I'm too lazy to look. I'll buy them and translate them.
I was a little surprized recent playthrough when I made Heather walk over to his corpse before eating the aglaophotis. She says she hated him but didn't necessarily want him to die. Hated him! I thought that was a bit harsh. Kooky as he is he HAS helped her all the way through.
Did she really actually step on his body, or is it just implied that she did? 'Cause I thought that was just a developer oversight, forgetting that they had killed someone on that spot on the floor.
Burning Man

Post by Burning Man »

Silent Hill [amazon.co.jp]
Silent Hill 2 [amazon.co.jp]
Silent Hill 3 [amazon.co.jp]
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

Frickin' sweet, and there's one from the movie as well.

Right then, I'll save up some moolah, buy all four of them, and get translating. It might take a while, but I'll try to set up a schedule for it. Packages from Japan can take quite a while to arrive.

I'll probably post the translations in the Media Section chapter by chapter as I get things moving. I could definitely use an opportunity like this, since I haven't practiced Japanese for several months now. It'll be nice to get back at it again.
Just Passing Through

I have a bit of Japanese under my belt, too, but no where near enough to suffice translating a novel :oops: Srry. :(
Pyramid Head<3333333333
Heather's mah BFF!!
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

>She says she hated him but didn't necessarily want him to die. Hated him! I thought that was a bit harsh. Kooky as he is he HAS helped her all the way through.

When Heather says that she hates Vincent? You're making up somethin' here aren't ya? The only thing that she says about Vincent is that she don't know if she can trust him. And that he's a weirdo :P
PureInsanity
Just Passing Through

Post by PureInsanity »

Well,I just played SH3 again,and she states that she hated him,but still thinks that he didn´t deserve to die.
I wouldn´t say hatred,some kind of slight "disgust" describes her feelings better (I think^^).
........KIRBY DANCE!!!!

(>^_^)>
<(^_^<)
(>^_^)>
Kozmo
Just Passing Through

Post by Kozmo »

Mephisto wrote:>She says she hated him but didn't necessarily want him to die. Hated him! I thought that was a bit harsh. Kooky as he is he HAS helped her all the way through.

When Heather says that she hates Vincent? You're making up somethin' here aren't ya? The only thing that she says about Vincent is that she don't know if she can trust him. And that he's a weirdo :P
As Pure Insanity says- she said she hates him.

Walk up to him before consuming the aglaophotis. You'll see.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^I'll try that sometime, I never knew that. Thanks for the "proof".

And sorry if I thought that you were wrong PureInsanity.