Virtual Heather girlfriend?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Loonwolf
Just Passing Through

Virtual Heather girlfriend?

Post by Loonwolf »

I thought fans of Heather (or indeed any Silent Hill character) might find this interesting. I've just found out about a series of programs called 'Kari Virtual Girlfriend', which produces an artificial intelligence conversation with a girlfriend (or boyfriend) who is able to learn and grows more intelligent the longer you talk to her. And you can teach her however you like and alter her personality to however you like. It features some basic movements - blinking and mouth movements when she talks, and whatever other movements are in the images, and she can even take off her clothes when she gets excited if you like.

You are able to add your own images to it. I'm considering putting in some Heather images, so I can talk to her. I enjoy playing with Heather, I want more from her instead of always telling her what to do. :) I'm not sure if it can be done, but if I could also change the voice to one that simulates Heather's voice reasonably well that would be extra cool.

If perchance anyone has done this already it would be cool to get the images used for the animations, but if I end up doing this myself I'll make them available here. I'm not sure though if there are suitable images from the game where she looks directly at the viewer while talking and blinking - possibly the toilet scene with a reference to Silent Hill 2 might work, or maybe the end scene where she jokes with Douglas, as she actually smiles there. I just wanted to share this idea here in case anyone else would like to do the same thing.

I thought I'd add this link here from later in the discussion. A very simple talking/blinking Heather image for use with the 'Kari Virtual Girlfriend' program (works with version 2.6, but you may possibly need to use the scene editor to get it to work with other versions. There's also a link to download version 2.6 later in the discussion). This is taken from the toilet scene mentioned previously.
http://www.4shared.com/file/VWK2LSRc/VHeather.html
Last edited by Loonwolf on 28 Dec 2010, edited 1 time in total.
"In the end it's only round and round, and round."

LOOnwOlf
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Re: Virtual Heather girlfriend?

Post by Mephisto »

Yo SPRINGS! You gotta check this out man! :P

I've never heard of this program before but if you want to post your "discoveries" I'm going to check 'em out for sure. It sounds interesting. Talking with a character that you "created" I mean.
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

Hey guys what's going on in this thre-
*slowly backs away*

In all seriousness, it sounds like the program wouldn't really do Heather justice. You know, the whole being submissive and turned on part. Really, I don't know if any of the characters in silent hill would fit aside from maybe
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
SHO Lisa and SHSM Dhalia.
But even they would be unique trying to make them fit to the system you described.

Regardless, good luck on doing that thing with the program. I don't know how difficult it would be normally to make a lady thing, but, since you plan to make the thing into Heather, I'll pray for you. hahaha! I don't even want to imagine how challenging that would be.
Wolfus
Just Passing Through

Post by Wolfus »

Cynthia is the one! :D
Damp mud burning in my eyes...
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Loonwolf wrote:I thought fans of Heather (or indeed any Silent Hill character) might find this interesting. I've just found out about a series of programs called 'Kari Virtual Girlfriend', which produces an artificial intelligence conversation with a girlfriend (or boyfriend) who is able to learn and grows more intelligent the longer you talk to her. And you can teach her however you like and alter her personality to however you like. It features some basic movements - blinking and mouth movements when she talks, and whatever other movements are in the images, and she can even take off her clothes when she gets excited if you like.
That's fucking creepy.

i mean...eeew. sometimes I think think technology has gone too far :) But this is interesting news.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

This is just way too creepy.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

This is interesting, but um....yea, creepy.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
NeoAquarius12
Gravedigger

Post by NeoAquarius12 »

Oh god. What is the world going to be like when we are old? Really? One of the first generations of in home robots are used for seduction? That is not sa good sign. They should be our slaves, not our feck buddies!
I don't make a signature.
Except for the part of the signature explaining that I don't.
And that.
And that.
And that.
...and that.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

NeoAquarius12 wrote:Oh god. What is the world going to be like when we are old? Really? One of the first generations of in home robots are used for seduction? That is not sa good sign. They should be our slaves, not our feck buddies!
Robot slave. Robot "feck" buddy. Same difference. Either way someone's going to use 'em for something creepy.

Anyway, I'm going to have to agree with everyone else and say that's creepy as hell. Whatever floats your boat though. Good luck with playing around with the program. :)
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

A male created with this program:
-understanding
-caring
-great listener
-faithful

A female created with this program:
-hot
-horny
-silent
-great cook

Chances of either of the above ever happening in real life:
-between slim and none

This is one step closer to those love-bots from Serenity.
Pretty soon, technology is going to make dating obsolete. We're slowly slipping into this disconnected fantasy world. There will be no escape.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

Ok...i'm not gonna front, sometimes when i see some nice lookin' female character models in games..i might say somethin' along the lines of "damn...they modeled this chic perfectly!"....but this here?....too creepy for me....might be time to go socialize with some real female associates eh?.....whatever floats your boat....:D.....just don't get as bad as this asian guy that i saw on what i believe was the late show called "nightline"...he had about 30 lifesize female "adult" dolls in his home/apt that he would dress up and have sex with...
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I think a Maria one would be way more appropriate than Heather, now that I think about it.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Magnolia
Just Passing Through

Post by Magnolia »

This is incredibly disturbing. I am a designer of AI software myself, and I didn't know this existed. I was aware of dating sims, but not things where you actually gain control of the entity's personality on that level. It seems like something that would raise people's expectations. It could cause someone to expect their partner to be as easily controlled and molded. It is demeaning to real humans in that a machine can now fill a partner's role. Let us not forget, too, this technology could have a negative effect on the user's mind.

But if you're just making an interactive Heather, that's always good. AS LONG AS IT ACTUALLY BEHAVES LIKE HEATHER AND NOT A....SEX SLAVE THING XDDD
Image Image
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

clips wrote:he had about 30 lifesize female "adult" dolls in his home/apt that he would dress up and have sex with...
I did not need to know that... :shock: Is there such a thing as mind bleach? >_<
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Oh, it's creepy, but not that creepy. Compared to what already exists, I mean.

It's just a hug pillow that talks to you.

I mean, one that actually, physically, legitimately talks to you.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^So, in other words, it sort of IS that creepy? <3

I truly can't wrap my mind around this. It's like those simulators in Star Trek. It's just.....really fuqing creepy.....
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

Mephisto wrote:Yo SPRINGS! You gotta check this out man! :P
Heh you know me well 8) But uh actually this is a bit too creepy for me . . . :shock:
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Springs is secretly downloading this right now, we all know it.
Xev

Post by Xev »

So all one needs anymore is this:
http://www.forkparty.com/snugglebots-mo ... ips-wierd/
and that program! Set for life!

It is a bit odd, but what isnt these days? Not my cup of tea but reading that post weirded me out just as much as leftshoe18's signature. I dont feel like visualizing hot dogs and fetuses all in the same thought process.
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

AuraTwilight wrote:Springs is secretly downloading this right now, we all know it.
Haha yeah right! *Hastily closes tabs on the internet*