First time I played through this game...

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

warfare315
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by warfare315 »

Mephisto wrote:Strage, I swear that I replied to a thread like this, oh well.

The first time I played I didn't got the Sewers/Underground Pass map and managed to get out of'em just fine, without walktroughs or nothing. I remember I used to keep talking to myself "No, it's not this room. . . I got out of it just before. . ."
Same, except I missed the map there every time but my first. Which is stupid. That place isn't really actually too confusing once you know what to do.
Another frequency perpetuated into context, trapped in the eternal paradox.
vaporeyesofficial.bandcamp.com
Facebook.com/vaporeyesofficial
Deathbywoodenplank
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Deathbywoodenplank »

:shock: There's a map of the sewers?? I stumbled around for an hour trying to find my way out :lol:

Well, I can't say much. I've only played through once, and I just started again (I only bought it a week ago...)
Not in cruelty, not in wrath
the REAPER came today.
An ANGEL visited this gray path,
and took the CUBE away.
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

I missed the map too as well. the map has always been an escape from the game where you can pause and think about your situation lol.

Since i am making a silent hill fan game which is unfortunately 2d i have decided to leave out maps, inventory screens and such to keep the player immersed in what little atmosphere i can create in 2d :twisted:
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

I agree, it's much more scary (but more confusing) without the map
HereComesTheButcher
Just Passing Through

Post by HereComesTheButcher »

Yeah I ALWAYS go past that map. I hate that place
Holy One
Just Passing Through

Post by Holy One »

Man, it took me forever to get through the game my first time! Especially the Subways. I must have wandered around in there for two hours. I gave up, came back to the game months later and managed to bumble my way into the sewers. I still have a crude walkthrough that I copied on old notebook paper years ago. Now I have the strategy guide, which is much easier to follow and has very nice artwork too.
THREAD QUESTION: "Does anyone want to date Heather?"
PARTYHARD: "Well, she carries a fuckton of emotional baggage, she's her own mother, used to be a suicidal girl who opened the gates of Hell in a town and would kill people with her brain, she's 31 in a teenage body, she can go on a relentless rampage if you piss her off enough... sure, don't see why not."
Eric-3
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Eric-3 »

I don't think I've ever missed a map. I probably would've remembered doing so, because I generally have to refer to them so often to make sure I don't backtrack too far the wrong way or something.
Shadow Dragon
Just Passing Through

Post by Shadow Dragon »

I missed the sewers map the first time I went through it. Suprisingly it didn't get lost since I usually check the maps in various games on a regular basis.
"They look like monsters to you?"
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Post by KiramidHead »

I've missed the map for the Riverside Motel in SHO, but that was on my second and third playthroughs.