Speaking Insane Cancer.

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Speaking Insane Cancer.

Post by Xigz »

So, I was playing on hard mode, third time through, and I'm at the office build, otherworld.

When I enter the room where you get the pork liver, there's an insane cancer. Normal enough. So I approach it, when I have my flame thrower at the ready. It gets up and... says something? Maybe I miss-heard something. So I restart from my last save point, and get back to that area. Did the exact same thing, except with the music turned off, and what do you know the Insane Cancer speaks.

But not only that, Heather does too. So I take a hit from him, and Heather says something, in a totally different voice. AND the Insane Cancer replies to this.

I've never heard of this before, and I ran a search, so I was wondering if anyone else noticed this.

I had the Princess Heart costume on, by the way. I think this may have had something to do with that as well as the flame thrower.

EDIT: Heather says something in Japanese, and it's when she gets hurt in general.
Last edited by Xigz on 05 May 2009, edited 3 times in total.
[b]I'm constant now, and useful too.
I know my eyes cannot see through.[/b]
nowhere
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by nowhere »

I havent never heard that spanish thing. Hmm.. Next time i have to try...
http://p2.foorumi.info/silenthillsuomi/index.php

silent hill forum in finland
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

I don't... know if I buy this.

The Princess Heart costume is CLEARLY a reference to a Japanese shoujo anime, Sailor Moon (the transformation sequence is the biggest give away in all history). The Insane Cancer making a noise, yeah I could buy that, but Heather? Not so much.

Is there any way you could record this for us?
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Post by Xigz »

Krist. wrote:I don't... know if I buy this.

The Princess Heart costume is CLEARLY a reference to a Japanese shoujo anime, Sailor Moon (the transformation sequence is the biggest give away in all history). The Insane Cancer making a noise, yeah I could buy that, but Heather? Not so much.

Is there any way you could record this for us?
I listened to it again. She says something in Japanese.

I'm pretty sure the Insane Cancer is Spanish though.
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

... i swear someone posted about this before. something about the insane cancer in that room "saying" something. nothing about heather, though.

can someone try to find that topic? it was kind of old.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Post by Xigz »

crucifix wrote:... i swear someone posted about this before. something about the insane cancer in that room "saying" something. nothing about heather, though.

can someone try to find that topic? it was kind of old.
She makes noise when ever she get hurt with Princess Heart on.
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

I think your just mistaking a groan to an actual spanish speaking language. Plus you got be pretty fluent to even tell if it's spanish. All I heard were some groans that might have sounded like language but actually isn't. And yes when you put on the princess heart costume that's Japanese she speaks.
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

I've never heard her make a noise sounding remotely like Japanese when she was attacked and I had her wear the costume, but I guess I could always try again and see.
Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Post by Xigz »

SilentMadness wrote:I think your just mistaking a groan to an actual spanish speaking language. Plus you got be pretty fluent to even tell if it's spanish. All I heard were some groans that might have sounded like language but actually isn't. And yes when you put on the princess heart costume that's Japanese she speaks.
I'm just making assumption that it was Spanish from the way it sounded.

And it wasn't a groan. It sounded like a male in his early twenties/late teens.
Nabriales
Just Passing Through

Post by Nabriales »

That's weird. Really weird and random.

Any idea what he could have said?
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

are there any spanish-speaking silent hill fans on the forum to check this out?
Last edited by leftshoe18 on 24 Aug 2008, edited 1 time in total.
Loveless_Dogg

Post by Loveless_Dogg »

leftshoe18 wrote:are there any spanish-speaking silent hill fans on the forum to check this out?
I'm Hispanic and I know a little Spanish....maybe if I could hear what the creature says then I could possibly translate.....but I can't with my own game....my house was broken into a few Months ago and the fiend took of with my Silent Hill games......
Value your failures more than your successes. Successes only last until someone screws them up. Failures are forever. She left...and...I'm lost.
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

Xigz wrote:And it wasn't a groan. It sounded like a male in his early twenties/late teens.
you're being kind of vague about this. someone "saying" something could easily resemble a groan or a grunt. did it sound like a clearly-enunciated sentence, or just a few words, or what?
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

my house was broken into a few Months ago and the fiend took of with my Silent Hill games......
that sucks
i'm sorry to hear that
Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Post by Xigz »

crucifix wrote:
Xigz wrote:And it wasn't a groan. It sounded like a male in his early twenties/late teens.
you're being kind of vague about this. someone "saying" something could easily resemble a groan or a grunt. did it sound like a clearly-enunciated sentence, or just a few words, or what?
Just a few world, but it was very, very clear. And loud. Definitely for comical purposes and not to be take seriously.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Again, is there any way you could record this for us? Because if not I'm just going to chuck this into the "That's nice, but... whatever" bin in my brain D:
Nabriales
Just Passing Through

Post by Nabriales »

leftshoe18 wrote:are there any spanish-speaking silent hill fans on the forum to check this out?
If you consider I've been living in Spain since I was born, yes, there are.

I could go check it out but it would take me a while, plus I don't have anything to record it, save my mobile phone, which has a pretty lame quality.
Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Post by Xigz »

I could see if a friend of mine could record it. I myself can't record directly form a console.
heavensnightsh

Post by heavensnightsh »

I'm probably wrong, but just a shot at this. Would the grunt/spanish be in the game's audio rip?
[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/dbmhpc.gif[/img]
(o ) ( 0)[size=75]WOOO!|[url=http://www.silenthillheaven.com/wiki]Silent Hill Wiki[/url]|[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/razrguy/tray.gif[/img]"What the hell is it?"[/size]
( ) ­ [size=75]I wanna thank you for this chance to be [color=teal]angels[/color] [/size]
[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/razrguy/Pokemon.gif[/img][img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/razrguy/HarryPotter-2.gif[/img][img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/razrguy/LGDare.gif[/img] Thank you Harrys_Girl for the Drawing Block!
[size=59][I am currently permitted to display a larger avatar thanks to my status as a supporter of SHHF][/size]
Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Post by Xigz »

heavensnightsh wrote:I'm probably wrong, but just a shot at this. Would the grunt/spanish be in the game's audio rip?
That's true, should be in there.