What does Heather see after God is defeated?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

DJ Tomoe
Just Passing Through

Re: What does Heather see after God is defeted?

Post by DJ Tomoe »

Sorry for the bump.
Soulless-Shadow wrote:
QuartzCrystal2233 wrote:when i saw the making of sh3 i thought that the crying baby was just a random sound effect, but if it is not ... then i think is claudia reborn because it is said in the game that she has this strange powers as alessa...
The baby crying wasn't included in the final game, so it's not canon.[/size]
We can now confirm the sound IS canon, it just doesn't appear in-game. Masahiro Ito is tweeting a lot of interest SH stuff lately. :mrgreen:

http://twitter.com/#!/adsk4/status/98376516173447168
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^Amazing. So it was probably Claudia reborn (Since she was the true deliverer of God, thus would lead her to be reincarnated and having the cycle begin). Perhaps a sequel to 3 someday (Which I kind of doubt)? I guess that means that Alessa/Cheryl/Heather is free now from the reincarnation cycle.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

^ I would honestly kill for a sequel to 3, I think a sequel could expand upon either, her future, or if she ever had a child, the child being pulled into Silent Hill.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

There's not really any point to showing what happens to her. She's served her purpose.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Woah! Definitely interesting there. The baby crying is canon...I wonder what is it...I support the theory that it may be Clauda and Alessa reborn, much like Heather being Alessa and Cheryl reborn. So that means we can have another creepy birthday phone call with even larger numbers, eh?
Aerith Gainsborough

I honestly don't know if I would want a sequel a/o a game consisting of perhaps Claudia reincarnated growing up and being pregnant with God and all that jazz. Then again, it probably wouldn't work. I mean, from what we've seen Heather and Douglas don't take the baby, so I guess it just stays there and dies, or is rejected from the God. I'm assuming that is probably the case, making it impossible. They'd have to make it to where Heather and Douglas decided to take the baby, but why the hell would Heather do that? Besides, with Konami the way it is now when it comes to Silent Hill games, I would rather them not make a game like this. I would like to actually enjoy it, not hate it.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

simeonalo wrote:Woah! Definitely interesting there. The baby crying is canon...I wonder what is it...I support the theory that it may be Clauda and Alessa reborn, much like Heather being Alessa and Cheryl reborn. So that means we can have another creepy birthday phone call with even larger numbers, eh?
I doubt the baby would have included Alessa. She was already reborn as Heather, and Heather didn't die or appear to split souls or whatever (unless something/one extra was included in the aborted God-foetus).
You know, if it was a real baby and not just God trying to trick Heather by presenting itself as a baby (like, a monster-baby-thing) then that's just really sad and horrible (assuming Heather left baby Claudia to die). Of course I realise leaving her to die (or a mercy killing) would, in the long term, be the best option for everyone. :(
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, Alessa is fully integrated into Heather; the child is probably just Claudia. I like to think that in the normal ending, Heather abandons the child, and in the Possessed Ending, she kills it, and that causes her to be reduced to pure hatred.

However, since the baby has the God embryo in it, it's effectively immortal. Abandoning it won't let the child die. No, it will probably be taken care of by Valtiel, and either dropped in the Real World, or waiting in the Otherworld, forever unaging, for someone to come adopt it and let it's time start...
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

I can imagine maybe intergrating a grown Laura from SH2 into it (if they made the leave ending cannon by making this,) And having James have nightmares about Silent Hill, him (being her surrogate father) travels to Silent Hill after having a relapse, or wanting to know what REALLY happened, and what Maria REALLY was, anyway, he leaves a note for Laura, ment to be read as a suicide note, however with subtle mentions to Silent Hill only Laura would notice, (Laura would be the only person James told,) anyway, if they had Laura go searching after James, we could have Heather grown up, being a police officer or taking after Douglas and becoming a detective that Laura hired to help her find out what REALLY happened durring SH2, (she was too young to remember and doubts James' sanity,) anyway, Heather would serve as Douglas/Cybil role, and Claudia could be a boss, and appear similar to how Leonard looked, only in a child-form, Laura has to fight off Claudia as she tries to attack Heather. After killing Claudia, a baby could be born, or something like that, another faux-uncomplete God. Anyway, I don't know how to inter-grate James going missing into that but SOMETHING like this would be a sequel to SH3 and SH2 I'd love to play.
But I doubt that would ever happen. And most of you will think that's a horrible idea for a story anyway. I know it doesnt make sense xD
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

Aerith Gainsborough

AuraTwilight wrote:Yea, Alessa is fully integrated into Heather; the child is probably just Claudia. I like to think that in the normal ending, Heather abandons the child, and in the Possessed Ending, she kills it, and that causes her to be reduced to pure hatred.

However, since the baby has the God embryo in it, it's effectively immortal. Abandoning it won't let the child die. No, it will probably be taken care of by Valtiel, and either dropped in the Real World, or waiting in the Otherworld, forever unaging, for someone to come adopt it and let it's time start...
Wow. That would make a killer storyline. I can just picture it out clearly.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I actually remember writing part of a fanfic where Claudia's reincarnation grew up normally, God not coming up much because she's not the ideal Mother, and then she gets pregnant the normal way and the two embryos fuse. After the child is born she regained her memories and left it in someone's care, and now that the child is a teenager, she's coming to awaken God to his true nature...
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Aerith Gainsborough

^That's...disturbing! Yet so cool!

If they did make a sequel, I'd love to see the reincarnated Claudia WANT to birth the God, based on how she was in her past life, and maybe even birthing it. It would be a big twist, and totally be a bad ass fight, especially since it won't be premature. I mean, a whole 'Oh no we gotta stop the God' storyline with a protagonist (Which probably would end up being Heather or just some random person) would just be kind of bland, since it's happened like twice already. I'd like a little spice!
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

AuraTwilight wrote:Yea, Alessa is fully integrated into Heather; the child is probably just Claudia. I like to think that in the normal ending, Heather abandons the child, and in the Possessed Ending, she kills it, and that causes her to be reduced to pure hatred.
Makes sense. Seeing as Heather has all of Alessa's memories, she would figure out that it was Claudia reborn, so she probably would have some negative feelings floating about if/when killing baby Claudia (even if she were trying to prevent another attempt at God's birth). Said negativity would then possess/take control of her, hence that ending. :?
AuraTwilight wrote:However, since the baby has the God embryo in it, it's effectively immortal. Abandoning it won't let the child die. No, it will probably be taken care of by Valtiel, and either dropped in the Real World, or waiting in the Otherworld, forever unaging, for someone to come adopt it and let it's time start...
Good points. Now that I think about it, I think baby Claudia could still somehow find her way to the real world. Like you said, probably with Valtiel's help. Assuming, of course, he's not a mindless monster like pretty much everything else.
Aerith Gainsborough

^Valtiel serves the God, which means he's not a 'mindless monster like pretty much everything else.'
Ashes
Just Passing Through

Post by Ashes »

It seems to me a new body for the mother of God can only be manifested in the Otherworld. Wouldn't the cycle end if she dies in the real world?

Otherwise it'd kind of suck, for God would be pretty much destined to be born one day.
Ring-a ring-a Rosie, a pocket full o' posies
Ashes, ashes, we all fall down...
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

All of this speculation, Hell, w eknow SH teams and Konami read this forum. Shit, we may just be giving them ideas, who knows? I'd rather see Heather's child or Laura (I'm just dieing to see her grow up!!!!!!) be the protagonist. If they expand upon the baby claudia/vatiel/god story line, I'd love to see them tie Walter into it, or maybe the events and items from the ending of SH2 where
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
James brings back Mary

Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:^Valtiel serves the God, which means he's not a 'mindless monster like pretty much everything else.'
That's hardly a good example of Valtiel having some form of intelligence. We don't even know if it's a real God or not (I recall a theory around here somewhere about God simply being a powerful monster). Valtiel hasn't spoken, or been shown doing anything more than whay the cult's followers expect him to do. He could very well be a monster with a specific purpose. Nothing more. Until or unless he has some character development, or unless someone who worked on the game comes out and says so, then there's a very real possibility that he's just a mindless monster.
Ashes wrote:It seems to me a new body for the mother of God can only be manifested in the Otherworld. Wouldn't the cycle end if she dies in the real world?
Now that you mention it, we have only seen Cheryl and Heather being created in the otherworld (and I suppose this baby too). It does bring up an interesting possibility about whether or not someone with the God-foetus could truly die in the real world. But then, perhaps Heather didn't have it within her until after she arrived in the otherworld? Claudia's thoughts and power, and the power of the otherworld (along with Heather's repressed memories of Alessa's) could have contributed to the creation of the God within Heather. Prior to that, she could have been perfectly normal (well, as "normal" as one can be, given the circumstances surrounding her birth).
Aerith Gainsborough

Soulless-Shadow wrote:
Aerith Gainsborough wrote:^Valtiel serves the God, which means he's not a 'mindless monster like pretty much everything else.'
That's hardly a good example of Valtiel having some form of intelligence. We don't even know if it's a real God or not (I recall a theory around here somewhere about God simply being a powerful monster). Valtiel hasn't spoken, or been shown doing anything more than whay the cult's followers expect him to do. He could very well be a monster with a specific purpose. Nothing more. Until or unless he has some character development, or unless someone who worked on the game comes out and says so, then there's a very real possibility that he's just a mindless monster.
Clearly he's not a 'mindless monster.' The other monster's instincts are to kill you. Uhm, duh? Valtiel's is to serve the God, keep the mother of God alive, and etc. That shows that Valtiel isn't like the rest of the monsters, wouldn't you say? He actually serves a purpose. You see him protecting the God, reincarnating Heather when she dies, putting a cloth over the God's eyes. That's its' job. He's not running around like 'Har Har. I'm going to attack this human for the hell of it, even though I'm a silly manifestation. Har har.' No. He's not a mindless monster. I don't know why you even think that. Nothing you said convinces me otherwise. I don't need to be told by character development, since I played the game and know Valtiel's purpose towards the God and Heather in Silent Hill 3.

Am I alone here? I mean, seriously.
Ashes
Just Passing Through

Post by Ashes »

^ I'm not sure... I believe the purpose of the 'regular monsters' was to make Heather suffer more, and thus nurturing God. So just like Valtiel, they play a role in the process of birthing the God. Valtiel is just a little more important.

So it seems to me that either Valtiel and the other monsters are all 'mindless' and simply programmed to do their part in the process, OR they are all not... mindlessisch and consciously serve their greater purpose together.
Prior to that, she could have been perfectly normal (well, as "normal" as one can be, given the circumstances surrounding her birth).
What do you mean? That while Heather's body was manifested in Otherworld, she was born naturally in the real world?
Ring-a ring-a Rosie, a pocket full o' posies
Ashes, ashes, we all fall down...
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Aerith Gainsborough wrote: Clearly he's not a 'mindless monster.' The other monster's instincts are to kill you. Uhm, duh? Valtiel's is to serve the God, keep the mother of God alive, and etc. That shows that Valtiel isn't like the rest of the monsters, wouldn't you say? He actually serves a purpose. You see him protecting the God, reincarnating Heather when she dies, putting a cloth over the God's eyes. That's its' job. He's not running around like 'Har Har. I'm going to attack this human for the hell of it, even though I'm a silly manifestation. Har har.' No. He's not a mindless monster. I don't know why you even think that. Nothing you said convinces me otherwise.
Am I alone here? I mean, seriously.
Pyramid Head also serves a purpose. Are you going to argue that he's more than a mindless monster too? Even if on the surface he appears to only be attacking James?
Like I said, Valitel was doing what he was doing simply because it was expected of him by Claudia and Vincent, as well as other cult members (for example, Leonard). Remember, a lot of what we see (monsters, the otherworld, and even God itself) are made based on peoples minds, thoughts, and beliefs. What they think, what they believe*, what they expect**, what they feel, is what appears. If the cult believes that Valtiel is God's servant, then that is what he will be seen doing; serving God. Nothing more, nothing less. If they believed that Valtiel was God's personal break-dancer, then we would instead see him busting some sick moves for our viewing pleasure. He is nothing more than what they believe him to be, what they expect him to be. He is a mindless monster.

*an example of this would be God's different forms in SH1, and then in SH3; Woman in White for Alessa, Incubus for Dahlia, and Alessa for Claudia.

**an example of this would be in the subway when Heather is pushed off the platform onto the subway tracks after reading the articles about deaths/suicides (and another article, if I remember correctly). She was thinking about that information, thus what she was thinking about happened.
Aerith Gainsborough wrote: I don't need to be told by character development, since I played the game and know Valtiel's purpose towards the God and Heather in Silent Hill 3.
I've played the game too, so your point being?
Ashes wrote:^ I'm not sure... I believe the purpose of the 'regular monsters' was to make Heather suffer more, and thus nurturing God. So just like Valtiel, they play a role in the process of birthing the God. Valtiel is just a little more important.
Claudia says some of the monsters came to witness the birth of God, but I think she was talking about specific ones (the scraper?). But I think you're right; the point of the others is to help fill her heart with hatred in order to nurture the God-foetus.
Ashes wrote:So it seems to me that either Valtiel and the other monsters are all 'mindless' and simply programmed to do their part in the process, OR they are all not... mindlessisch and consciously serve their greater purpose together.
If I remember correctly, the scraper and some of the other monsters are cult members who have been transfigured or whatever by Claudia, however I don't know if they're still capable of conscious thought.
Ashes wrote:
Soulless-Shadow wrote:Prior to that, she could have been perfectly normal (well, as "normal" as one can be, given the circumstances surrounding her birth).
What do you mean? That while Heather's body was manifested in Otherworld, she was born naturally in the real world?
[/quote]
If I'm reading your question right, then the answer is no. From what we saw of Heather's "birth", she was created by the Woman in White in the Otherworld. She wasn't "born", but "created". Out of what? *shrugs* Alessa's remains? Air? :? I wouldn't have a clue. Either way there was nothing natural about it.