what's heather afraid of?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

seal_of_metatron
Just Passing Through

what's heather afraid of?

Post by seal_of_metatron »

the first SH had a "theme" of storybook monsters that alessa was afraid of, the second was all about james's frustration/anger/resentment towards his wife, so what's the "theme" for 3? even though heather is (at least part of) alessa, none of the creatures except the nurses and dogs are even similar to the ones in the first game... so what is heather afraid of?
there's not too many kids, just the wrong people having them
Ashmodean
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Ashmodean »

Most of the monsters in SH3 were modeled after the human body. I think its in the book of lost memories that they talk about how the monsters play on Heathers fears of other people. Even some of the more obscure monsters have the shape of the human body, it's just configured in a way that makes it unrecognizable. The anteater monsters that shove their tounges up her skirt represent her fear of being raped. The tall monsters with the huge arms are part of her memories as alessa being abused by her mother(large swinging arms). In short it is a combination of social anxiety and memories from another life.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Someone groping around inside her head and living endlessly. She makes a reference to the latter one of the many times you look at the save point.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
laidtorest666
Just Passing Through

Post by laidtorest666 »

do ya think that when vincent said they look like monsters to her
has anything to do with what shes afraid of?
seal_of_metatron
Just Passing Through

Post by seal_of_metatron »

yeah it does, thanks. anyone know where to find a copy of that book?
there's not too many kids, just the wrong people having them
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

It's only in Japanese. Your best bet is sticking with the translated website.
Dream_Demon
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Dream_Demon »

Yeah but the page doesn't really tell you what they represent or "her fears". At least not all of them. Some just tell you why they where given the name; such as the Numb Body and the Pendulum.

But why did they take that specific shape? What does each one mean?
Rehkyt
Just Passing Through

Post by Rehkyt »

I always thought most of them were more creatures from Claudia's psyche,than Heather's. And if they did represent something of Heather's, I think it would be related to unwanted "passenger". Particularly the insane cancer and the numb bodies.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

It really isn't that hard to figure out if you take the information we know of Heather based on what the creatures look like. Pendulums, for instance, are two halves that make a bastardized whole, constantly shrieking in pain and revolving in cycles--the cycle of Alessa's life, the rebirth of God, the pain that each Alessa life cycle brings.. Numb Bodies are like aborted feti; Insane Cancers are tumescent masses that impede paths and are destructive, volatile, and infant-like in their behavior.

And so on and so forth.
Dream_Demon
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Dream_Demon »

^
I never really thought about any of that. I suppose I should play these games with a more open mind and with less of the "It's-so-obvious" cocky attitude.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Or you could just think for yourself. I wasn't intending to sound cocky with that, so you've misunderstood my response. I just think that it really is obvious if you take the time to think about it.

Also, it'd be really cool if you didn't flame me.
Dream_Demon
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Dream_Demon »

^
But I didn't. >_>

I meant that's how I usually look at the games. I look at them with just first glances and don't really tend to think about things. Which is why I came back here, to learn more. I'm really sorry, I didn't mean for that to sound that way at all.
Disciple of Claudia
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Disciple of Claudia »

Kind of makes you wonder a bit more about the God of Thunder Heather outfit. Is it a true reflection of her? It's a shame we don't get to see inside her mind.
Hopscotch is Civilization!
Ashmodean
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Ashmodean »

Someone groping around inside her head and living endlessly. She makes a reference to the latter one of the many times you look at the save point.
I thought that jsut had to do with her previous incarnations and their memories coming to mind when she sees something familiar to them such as the halo of the sun.