Silent Hill Downpour - Anne's Story graphic novel

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

HeartlessBastard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Silent Hill Downpour - Anne's Story graphic novel

Post by HeartlessBastard »

Just read issue one.

Like said, the pacing is bad, but the art is amazing.
Just tried to put too much stuff in little space, I guess.`
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
I liked how JP sater shows up at one point.
Now, where can I find issue two
"Good people should love their enemies" - Seu Madruga
Rev
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Rev »

Finally got around to reading Issue #2 (I'd gotten a little busy).

Again, I really love the art and the coloring. It's a bit fast-paced, but I guess a Silent Hill story would be if you skip the hours of running around town doing non-narrative type stuff (try watching any of the games of cutscenes only on YouTube and see for yourself).

Admittedly I am a little disappointed
that the implications of the "sick things" Anne did was sexual. I kind of expected it from the way she spoke of them in the game, but I was hoping for maybe something a little less obvious, like maybe Anne having to turn a blind eye to some corruption or whatever.

For the record, I still don't see this as the comic "sexualizing" the character, as sexual images have been prevalent in almost every Silent Hill game ever and the events that transpired were implied in the game itself. So no, I'm not holding that against the comic. I did, however, wish there had been a little more creativity involved in what Anne did.
Still good, though. The way the story weaves in and out of the past and present isn't even jarring to me.
J. Quinzelle
Just Passing Through

Post by J. Quinzelle »

My comic shop fudged up in ordering my issue #1. Never got it. So I'm just waiting until the run is finished and buy the set online.
"Dance
Dance like butterflies
Shadows appear right before my eyes
Sounds echo the absurd
Hard to explain something that I heard"

http://www.shyofinterruption.com
PSN: Interrupted
Redklok
Just Passing Through

Post by Redklok »

Well considering it's based on a rather bland game, the comic is ok I guess. More tension. The artist also worked on Downpour's story itself correct? I liked his previous SH comics very much.
Redklok
Just Passing Through

Post by Redklok »

HeartlessBastard wrote:
clips wrote:but this comic seems faaarrr better than the garbage that was "Dying Inside"...the first SH comic.
Wich isn´t much of a competition. Dying Inside is probably the worse comic ive ever read.

True the title was probably based on the feeling you got when reading it.
Redklok
Just Passing Through

Post by Redklok »

Rev wrote:Finally got around to reading Issue #2 (I'd gotten a little busy).

Again, I really love the art and the coloring. It's a bit fast-paced, but I guess a Silent Hill story would be if you skip the hours of running around town doing non-narrative type stuff (try watching any of the games of cutscenes only on YouTube and see for yourself).

Admittedly I am a little disappointed
that the implications of the "sick things" Anne did was sexual. I kind of expected it from the way she spoke of them in the game, but I was hoping for maybe something a little less obvious, like maybe Anne having to turn a blind eye to some corruption or whatever.

For the record, I still don't see this as the comic "sexualizing" the character, as sexual images have been prevalent in almost every Silent Hill game ever and the events that transpired were implied in the game itself. So no, I'm not holding that against the comic. I did, however, wish there had been a little more creativity involved in what Anne did.
Still good, though. The way the story weaves in and out of the past and present isn't even jarring to me.

That part is totally predictable yeah, it was the first thing that came to mind when Anne said that in the game. It would have been nice if it was a total surprise.
PeachySakura24
Historical Society Historian

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Ooh, please don't triple post.
WAs Dying Inside the one you got on the PSP thingy? I used to read those at physical therapy when they had me hooked up to machines.
Rev
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Rev »

Redklok wrote:That part is totally predictable yeah, it was the first thing that came to mind when Anne said that in the game. It would have been nice if it was a total surprise.
It had crossed my mind, but I was hoping for something else less obvious. Like maybe Anne was forced to turn a blind eye to some corruption going on at the prison, or whatever. It would've suited her personality a lot more.

Other than that, I can't say I'm not satisfied with how her story has panned out, and I'm glad to see more focus on her and her relationship with her father.