Point of No-Return

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

NemesisFY
Just Passing Through

Point of No-Return

Post by NemesisFY »

Hello fellows, long time been a long time since I been here, anyroad, I have a question to ask:

What is the point of no-return on Downpour? I mean, I'm trying on my first game-play to complete all side-quests, I have done some already, but others (for example the bird one or the hobo) I'm simply too lazy for now to go searching everywhere for it, so I'd like to know at which point of the game I can go on in the main story-quest, so I can still keep exploring the areas and return to complete all side-quests.

Please try to not spoil a lot, since this is my first playthrough, simply say, as an example, "Oh, when you meet a man named John Doe, that's the last part where you can return and complete the side-quests, beyond that, you will finish the game"

Thanks in advance.
Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Re: Point of No-Return

Post by Typographenia »

There is a point at the far north of the town that you will be asked to go to. It requires you to cross a bridge to go to that section of the town. Going to that story point will be the point where you can no longer explore the town.

Tie up any and all loose ends before you go to that story point. : )
NemesisFY
Just Passing Through

Post by NemesisFY »

Thanks a lot mate : )
Silent Fantasy
Historical Society Historian

Post by Silent Fantasy »

Using the key with freedom written on it will put you on the path of no return (irony. lol). That should be specific enough that you don't go any further by mistake and not so specfic as o ruin anything, hopefully.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
Glenn
Gravedigger

Post by Glenn »

Yeah you can cross the bridge(and will need to for some of the sidequests). It is fairly obvious when you won't be able to go back.
Rev
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Rev »

I'm pretty sure the trophy you get even says "No Turning Back" or something once you use the Freedom key, haha. Trust me, you'll know (and you can probably just load one of the previous checkpoints if you realized you forgot something).