Murphy's been bad...

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Rev
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Murphy's been bad...

Post by Rev »

AuraTwilight wrote:On the other hand though, I'm sort of glad about that. It'd really suck for people to play through Downpour, and have a major plot element be "Ha ha, it turns out to be a follow up on this relatively obscure comic book! What do you mean you didn't read it?"
I agree. You don't have to refer to extra materials in order to really get what's going on in Downpour, and the fact that it stands so well on its own is what I love the most about it. I actually introduced a friend to the series as a whole by playing Downpour first, and she really got into it with minimal effort.

Pretty much what I look forward to in this comic is an expansion on the narrative from Anne's perspective, kind of like how Born From A Wish was for Maria. I always felt like Anne had a story to tell, but we never got to know much beyond what we know about Coleridge and Murphy's side of things. I mean, she isn't even introduced by name during the game itself, and that was frustrating.

So yeah, rrgh... Want more material for this comic so bad.

Edit: Oh ho!

CandyLander
Just Passing Through

Post by CandyLander »

I don't see why this would be bad (no sarcasm). I wanted a dlc telling us about anne's story since i finished my first playtrough. and also, the game's creators like tom waltz are going to make sure that there won't be any story holes, at least I hope so...

> people say that downpour is completely understandable with only playing the game. but as far as I could understand, howard is a manifestation from murphy's mind...is that right? or is he part of the town like the fog? this second option would make more sense because howard's also going to meet anne. or is he a person who was walking by? the same questions go to dj ricks.

I haven't read past life or played book of memories.
Have you seen a little girl? Short, black hair. Seven years old...
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Howard is someone who's been around for over a hundred years. He seems to be a part of the town in a more fundamental sense.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Number 7
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Number 7 »

You know, in the game Howard talked about meeting Anne at one point. So maybe we'll find out more about him in this story, too.
"He's underground now. His new name is Number Seven."
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

Yeah, he described Anne as being "riled up" & "fit to be tied."
It'll be neat to see how see reacts to Howard.
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

I hope this turns out to be a really good piece of tie-in content for the game.

I always felt Anne was the real focus of the game.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

I know i'm getting this. I'v wanted, like others, to see Anne's side of things. Downpour always felt kinda incomplete to me in some areas.
I'm glad Waltz is sticking to it too. I loved Past Life to death, but the damn pages fell out of my copy. I just hope this one is made better. I am already sure it will be an amazing read, so i'm just worried about the book staying together. :)
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
T-Rex
Just Passing Through

Post by T-Rex »

I don't know what Tom's plans are as of yet, but I can tell you know that -- after working on the Ninja Turtles and Ghostbusters -- I'm more excited about working on this than I have been the whole time I worked on either of those books (and I loved both). Tom's told me who I need to brush up on drawing. But I agree with the rest of you. I felt that much of Murphy's nightmare was the result of Anne's own demons manifesting, similarly to how Harry had to deal with Alessa's, and James had to deal with Angela's. I think everyone has their own spin on things... there was something I really wanted to draw in my pitch that I didn't get time to do, that, in my mind, answers for the existence of certain creatures, but I'm pretty certain Tom's got some cool cards up his sleeves... ;)
teosoleil
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by teosoleil »

^ You're working on it? May we have a name please...?
Rev
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Rev »

teosoleil wrote:^ You're working on it? May we have a name please...?
That's Tristan Jones. :)

http://tyrannosaurusjones.tumblr.com/

Glad to see you on the forums, Tristan! Love your art style and very much looking forward to this comic.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

What ever happened to this?
Yoshata
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Yoshata »

I'm curious, too! At least, I'd be happy just to know that it hasn't been put on the back burner.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I guess Waltz has other things he's writing as well.
T-Rex
Just Passing Through

Post by T-Rex »

I'd actually been pondering the same thing of late. From what I understand there was just a really long period of time where the legal goings-on were being ironed out. I've been told it's all smoothed out now, and things should start moving ahead, but everything is still pointing towards the go-ahead. In any case, here's the art I was asked to submit by IDW for Konami, which got me the job... Don't tear me apart too much...

Also keep in mind that this isn't actually from the comic, but something I put together myself.

Either way, you can check out more of my work on Deviantart at http://t-rexjones.deviantart.com/ or facebook at https://www.facebook.com/tyrannosaurusjones. I also post a bunch of things on twitter at http://www.twitter.com/trexjones.
Yoshata
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Yoshata »

^^
Thank you so much for the update! I'm so excited for this. I'm also digging what you've posted. :mrgreen:
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Fantastic. I'm bookmarkingyour Deviantart right now.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Rev
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Rev »

Glad things are going to finally be kicking off again! I've been more excited for this comic than bunnies.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

Wow, T-Rex, that looks absolutely amazing. I think this page is already tons of times better than all the official Silent Hill comics' pages combined.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

That is really awesome, indeed.

And, also, what's up, poon? Nice to see you back!
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

Ryantology wrote:That is really awesome, indeed.

And, also, what's up, poon? Nice to see you back!
All is well, Ryan, thanks!

I played through Downpour a couple of days ago and felt that I had to come back for some hot Silent Hill discussion. Oh love me some SHHF.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.