Genius theory - Clothing Change Significance

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

SH1000
Just Passing Through

Genius theory - Clothing Change Significance

Post by SH1000 »

I ask myself "What is so important about that green t-shirt Murphy wearing second half of the game ?" and then think "Hey what if all that we experience when wearing this green t-shirt is happening BEFORE Murphy go in to prison" or something like that.

Mod Edit: Please make sure any thread titles reflect the topic, this means people can find topics easily using the search and helps prevent duplicate threads. - fudgestix
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Re: Genius theory

Post by AuraTwilight »

That makes no sense.

The clothes he finds are just the civilian clothes he was wearing the day Charlie died.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Interesting. Are you suggesting that the change of clothes means he's gone back in time somehow, to before he was jailed? If so, I don't see any indicators that he literally went back in time. Actually, it would go against what he's aware of and his motives at that point in the game. He's trying to evade Anne (the police) and escape the town as a free man, remember?

Though your interest in the clothes could be steered towards the significance of the costume changes in the game. There are several possible changes. Why do you believe the game makers included the choice to wear the same clothes he wore the day Charlie was found? Besides him wanting to get out of that jumpsuit, of course.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

AuraTwilight wrote:That makes no sense.

The clothes he finds are just the civilian clothes he was wearing the day Charlie died.
I agree. On both accounts.

Unless you provide some sort of reason that your "theory" is remotely possible, I see no point in this thread.
Mephisto

Re: Genius theory - Clothing Change Significance

Post by Mephisto »

I don't even believe the guy's serious...
the konami code
Just Passing Through

Post by the konami code »

Typographenia wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:That makes no sense.

I agree. On both accounts.

Unless you provide some sort of reason that your "theory" is remotely possible, I see no point in this thread.
Wait.. do you mean logical or possible? Silent Hill has never conceded to being limited to only certain plausible events, so a theory like this isn't that much of a stretch. Plus it also gives the game a much needed boost of mystique
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

There's still a logic and causality to what happens, though. Silent Hill isn't an 'anything goes' zone.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
warfare315
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by warfare315 »

Wait.... what?

If I don't don the green shirt, do I change the timeline?

This is indeed genius. Let me add: if you wear the Hawaiian shirt in Shattered Memories, it becomes canon.
Another frequency perpetuated into context, trapped in the eternal paradox.
vaporeyesofficial.bandcamp.com
Facebook.com/vaporeyesofficial
asdf'
Just Passing Through

Post by asdf' »

Am I the only one that thinks it's weird how Murphy take clothes from a dead guy without a second thought lol.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Why should he? The dead person's not using them anymore.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Well..there's the fact that the poor guy is dead. If I was lucky enough to find some decent clothes lying around a bed earlier on, I wouldn't worry too much about disrobing a dead person because he had a cool hoodie.

Unless it was a pretty awesome hoodie. Really, it's mostly a reward for solving that puzzle. A creepy reward. I never thought about how weird it is that Murphy takes his clothes off without mentioning a thing. He's kind of silently awesome like that, though.

Resident Evil gives you alternate costumes in boutiques and lockers - Silent Hill makes you take them from corpses. That's just how it is.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3