camera?

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

torrance
Just Passing Through

camera?

Post by torrance »

i just wondered if anyone else is having camera problems, i suffer really badly with motion sickness from gameplay- to the point where fp games are impossible to play- and so far downpour is doing the same. after about an hour i have to switch off for a while till the nausea passes- it's really spoiling it for me! :evil: there doesn't seem to be an option to slow down the camera (am on xbox360), any suggestions?
Is this your only 'special place' ?
fudgestix

Re: camera?

Post by fudgestix »

Strange, I have similar problems with games, but I was fine playing Downpour. Have you tried (if you can) altering the angle of the TV, or where you sit? Sometimes I find those being wrong can make the motion sickness worse.
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)
torrance
Just Passing Through

Post by torrance »

yep,afraid i've tried everything. the usual fixes don't seem to work, i don't know whether it's because am controlling the camera myself or not, it just seems really 'swingy' if you know what i mean? oh well, maybe just have to do it an hour at a time lol! ;-)
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

Sorry man, you can't adjust the camera, or fov at all.. I had this same problem while playing Metro 2033 on the 360. i could go about 30 minutes before i started to get sick and had to cut the game off. Then i got it for the PC, adjusted the fov and i was able to play the game with no problems.

at least the game is getting a patch to fix the framerate and save issues. maybe when the game drops in price i'll buy it again so i can finish it.
torrance
Just Passing Through

Post by torrance »

ahhhhhh, metro--not-so-fond memories of actually throwing up with that one lol! am sort of glad am not the only one with the motion sick issue, nice not to be alone in that ;-)