Xbox or PS3 Version?

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Re: Xbox or PS3 Version?

Post by Typographenia »

I think it has certainly been a long time for this patch to resurface with any kind of news. It's just that this SH title is of a different scope of any of the previous ones, and I have no clue how much poking and prodding is required to be sure they didn't make things worse in some other way.
Kain Crimson
Just Passing Through

Post by Kain Crimson »

Well, there are more bugs than framerate/freeze bugs. The subway shortcuts can get locked again (360 version) and never get unlocked again even if you get new gates opened for you. That really sucks if you are a completionist and you need to backtrack.
Átale demoníaco Caín o me delata.
Leo Ho Tep
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Leo Ho Tep »

I didn't buy it yet, and I don't know on which system I should get it. I read this thread, but I'm still not sure. Can someone who tried both versions enlighten me, please?
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

I'm not sure if Vatra will ever patch this game to get rid of the bugs/technical issues. if you have some money, you can try to see if Redbox has this game, or if you're one of the people in America that still have a blockbuster, or a video store around that rents games, try that before purchasing. Lastly, stores are pretty good about letting you return games... you could always buy the game for whichever console, and if you don't like the experience, take it back for the other version.
realitykid
Just Passing Through

Post by realitykid »

I'd say get the Xbox version. That's the one I played, and it played very well. However, the PS3 version has pretty much the same issues I have heard. So, either way you go, you're more than likely to get the same experience.
Leo Ho Tep
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Leo Ho Tep »

Thanks for your answers guys. Unfortunately, it's not that easy to try games here, nor to return it. So I guess I'll try the Xbox version.
Kain Crimson
Just Passing Through

Post by Kain Crimson »

Finally: Xbox version was updated recently. Haven't tested the changes, but they all seem to address all bugs mentioned so far.

PS3 pathc is still on the works.
Átale demoníaco Caín o me delata.
Leo Ho Tep
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Leo Ho Tep »

great news!