Xbox or PS3 Version?

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Kain Crimson
Just Passing Through

Xbox or PS3 Version?

Post by Kain Crimson »

Any graphical or performance differences?
Átale demoníaco Caín o me delata.
acet19
Just Passing Through

Re: Xbox or PS3 Version?

Post by acet19 »

PS3 owns xbox any day!!!
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^Your post is spammy. You should provide reasoning behind your opinion, rather than just outright stating it.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Lostkitsune
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Lostkitsune »

I've played the first hour or so on the Playstation just now. No real lag or any glitches that I noticed.
fudgestix

Post by fudgestix »

I played on the PS3, and experienced hardly any noticeable lag, except for in one particular hallway about halfway through the game (I've noticed on a video walkthrough that the lag also occurs here in the Xbox version).
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)
Glenn
Gravedigger

Post by Glenn »

I have a PS3 and there is a lag throughout the game. It is especially noticeable when the game is saving/loading and when entering a new room or running through the town. The lag gets so bad where the game actually freezes for a bit. For me its not that annoying, but it seems like lag pisses off a lot of SH fans (HD Collection). I think the game is good enough to overcome the technical problems though.
Piers909
Just Passing Through

Post by Piers909 »

Can't say anything for the ps3 version, but the xbox version lags alot when exploring the town. I can honestly say it doesn't bug me, but I also game on an 8 year old PC and am rather used to framerate issues.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

Honestly i think you're gonna be screwed either way you go. Both versions have framerate issues, so it's a matter of controller/console preference. the only other thing is both consoles handle anti aliasing differently, but i don't even think Downpour has aliasing, so again, just get it for whichever console you prefer.

my only other advice would be to wait until there's a price drop for the game.
Ben
Just Passing Through

Post by Ben »

The only time I've ever experience lags on my PS3 version is when I have completed a side quest for example, and it's about to show me the unlocked trophy sign in the top right corner, other than that I've had no issues.
Lostkitsune
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Lostkitsune »

Ben wrote:The only time I've ever experience lags on my PS3 version is when I have completed a side quest for example, and it's about to show me the unlocked trophy sign in the top right corner, other than that I've had no issues.
Yeah I played a ton of sidequests and a few main parts of the game last night, the only lag I noticed was when it was loading after a sidequest and sometimes if I run out of a subway too fast.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

The most lag I ever experienced on the PS3 was when I would mover very quickly between the different parts of town. It only paused completely when I was using the subway tunnels, but only for a few seconds.
Glenn
Gravedigger

Post by Glenn »

KiramidHead wrote:The most lag I ever experienced on the PS3 was when I would mover very quickly between the different parts of town. It only paused completely when I was using the subway tunnels, but only for a few seconds.
What type of PS3 do you have? I have the 40 gig old one, and I have lag everywhere.
fudgestix

Post by fudgestix »

^ I have the 40 gig one, and as I said, I had next to no lag.
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Mine is only two years old this month.
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Post by ashatteredmemory »

I have PS3 version
Ive only had some freezing at various parts for like a second, and very very rarely some light bugs on items on the ground. Also long loading screens.
Never had any framerate issues or something.
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

I've got the PS3 version, and my PS3 is the old 40gb one. I don't get lag all the time, just in open spaces of the town and in a couple of corridors. Also when I get a trophy. But other than that the game looks and plays great
Alessa Gillespie
Just Passing Through

Post by Alessa Gillespie »

Glenn wrote:I have a PS3 and there is a lag throughout the game. It is especially noticeable when the game is saving/loading and when entering a new room or running through the town. The lag gets so bad where the game actually freezes for a bit. For me its not that annoying, but it seems like lag pisses off a lot of SH fans (HD Collection). I think the game is good enough to overcome the technical problems though.
SHD is the same for me, tons of lag. The game seems to freeze altogether for a few seconds if you try to pause while it is saving. I have a 250gb PS3. All in all though the lag did not affect the gameplay since it would lag at what I would call "opportune" times when there arent any enemies around and its only for 1-2 seconds.
silenthillking
Just Passing Through

Post by silenthillking »

i have a xbox slim 4 gb matt black but the games installed on a 16gb flash drive.
all i can say is wow i look at every texture when i get a game and downpour has little to no low res textures even writting on small poster can be read (talking to you rage,crysis2) for bugs i,ve played throught 2 times only experinced 2 game breaking bug where it just crash (by the church thing) and the bus scene played twice. Frame rate only lags in certian places (hallway leading to the play puzzle in the church thing,here and there outdoors and) ye that`s as bad as my copy gets my only complaint is the tress around the streets there so bad looking then agian trees are hard to render i guess.
Dr-G0nz0
Just Passing Through

Post by Dr-G0nz0 »

I have the PS3 version, but have heard both versions are almost identical. Both versions have lag and a few glitches here and there. Just the way the game is...

However, the problems are easily overlooked, since IMO this is the best SH since The Room!
"Oh, you think darkness is your ally. You merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING! " -Bane
Joaobessie
Just Passing Through

Post by Joaobessie »

Hey guys!

I was thinking about buying Downpour today, but I have no idea which version I should get. Can anyone that has played both versions help me decide?

Thanks in advance
IN MY RESTLESS DREAMS I SEE THAT TOWN, SILENT HILL