Just Passing Through

Re: Weapon Realization

Post by asdf' »

Technically wouldn't Alex be the best shooter
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

Only if you were good at aiming.. so yeah, for me he was, but the old games used auto aim, so it's not a fair comparison.
pink_isnt_well000
Historical Society Historian

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

asdf' wrote:Technically wouldn't Alex be the best shooter
Why would Alex be the best?
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Are you referring to the fact that he was suppose to be in the Army? Because ummmm he wasn't.
larry_lovage69
Just Passing Through

Post by larry_lovage69 »

That was something that was rather annoying. I miss the ability to carry as many weapons as I like.
My Silent Hill/Heroscape Project
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=25196
SilentRobert23
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentRobert23 »

pink_isnt_well000 wrote:
asdf' wrote:Technically wouldn't Alex be the best shooter
Why would Alex be the best?
Are you referring to the fact that he was suppose to be in the Army? Because ummmm he wasn't.
His alleged military badassery is sometimes used to handwave his epic CQC. The idea is, dude believes he's a beast, probably saw some action movies as a kid, poof, instant badass (within the context of the magical Otherworld). If this holds up, then the same could be applied to his marksmanship.
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

The limited weapons of Downpour might have been a response to "Origins", which featured Travis packing up to six guns, plus assorted knives, scalpels, cleavers, katanas, sledgehammers, billy clubs, toasters, televisions, not to mention ammo and healing items. Travis would have needed his truck to haul around all that stuff.

I agree, I didn't like the way Downpour's weapons were so fragile. Some items, like chairs or cheap cutlery, should have broken quickly. But a pickaxe (a took designed for puncturing rock as opposed to soft squishy monsters) should have been sturdy enough to see him through a good part of the game.
[url=http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14918&start=0]See the SH2 Endings that WEREN'T chosen[/url]