TGS 2010

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

The_Journeyman
Just Passing Through

TGS 2010

Post by The_Journeyman »

I hope we will see finally a footage for this game. I'm so hyped. Do you guys think that we will see something during tokyo game show 2010?
Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Re: TGS 2010

Post by Typographenia »

I think the chances are definitely not in our favor.

Since it is primarily going to be showcasing work of eastern developers, I find it highly unlikely that the new title will show. I wouldn't mind it, of course, but I doubt we'll see anything of it for a while.
saevitia
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by saevitia »

Yeah, unlikely, given that its being developed by a Czech studio,. Still possible, since ya know, Konami, but not too likely.
Burning Man

Post by Burning Man »

According to Konami's TGS 2010 site, no.
http://www.konami.jp/tgs/index.html

By the way, TGS is not just about showcasing eastern developers' works.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

Burning Man wrote: By the way, TGS is not just about showcasing eastern developers' works.
Typographenia wrote: Since it is primarily going to be showcasing work of eastern developers
I know. : P
Looking forward to some things here that were definitely missed at E3 this year.
The_Journeyman
Just Passing Through

Post by The_Journeyman »

Burning Man wrote:According to Konami's TGS 2010 site, no.
http://www.konami.jp/tgs/index.html

By the way, TGS is not just about showcasing eastern developers' works.
:(

I hope that we won't wait for the next e3... :roll:
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

i thought the game was coming out this year? is it 2011??
saevitia

Post by saevitia »

Yeah, I had the vague thought it was supposed to be out this fall? It'll probably be like SHSM where we see virtually nothing of it before it hits shelves.
clips

Post by clips »

I was under the impression that the game isn't coming out until next fall. I really don't think they have anything to show us since the game is in it's early stages...
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

I don't think we will get anything yet. Maybe around January? Because the game isn't due out until next year anyway, and I guess they don't wanna go down the Homecoming route and show us loads of stuff only for us to be disappointed.
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Skele wrote:i thought the game was coming out this year? is it 2011??
I always thought it was 2011, actually.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

Mr.FLOOT wrote:I don't think we will get anything yet. Maybe around January? Because the game isn't due out until next year anyway, and I guess they don't wanna go down the Homecoming route and show us loads of stuff only for us to be disappointed.
i don't remember seeing loads of stuff for Homecoming. well, at least not half as much as we were shown for some of the older games (especially SH3). however, im good with not being given too much info; it prevents these boards from being flooded with theories that may ruin the experience.

wow, i could've sworn i had read something about SH8 coming out this fall, but i guess im wrong. no worries, there's plenty of other games coming out
Ben Trovato
Just Passing Through

Post by Ben Trovato »

saevitia wrote:Yeah, I had the vague thought it was supposed to be out this fall? It'll probably be like SHSM where we see virtually nothing of it before it hits shelves.
Huh? Even amazon was right on the date for SHSM months prior to its release.

Personally, I never thought for a moment SH8 would be released this year. I'd be mighty surprised if it were.
"This Whole Thing Is Turning Into A Freakin' Mess!"
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Kenji wrote:
Skele wrote:i thought the game was coming out this year? is it 2011??
I always thought it was 2011, actually.
According to this, it's 2011:
http://original-gamer.com/index.php?act ... le&id=1717

I'm guessing it'll be Fall 2011, SH titles seem to always release around Sept/Oct if memory serves me correctly...

And while Konami has not listed the game as officially there, a trailer or some information could still show up as a last minute surprise thing.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

I wouldn't count on it being released exactly on the release date stated...remember how Shattered Memories was pushed a month? Then another month? Then another month?
lain of the wired
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

^But wasn't it worth it? I'd rather wait a few extra months for a polished game than be greedy and demand a game filled with glitches and bugs.

Let's face it: everything we've seen so far has all been pre-rendered movies, which means it's about as ready for showcasing as a the outline of a novel is ready for publication. Patience, please.
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

lain of the wired wrote:Let's face it: everything we've seen so far has all been pre-rendered movies, which means it's about as ready for showcasing as a the outline of a novel is ready for publication. Patience, please.
Wha? The trailer we saw was composed entirely from scenes running in real-time in-game or possibly some pre rendered recorded scenes using in-game assets. Unless you just mean that we haven't seen gameplay itself.
lain of the wired
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

^That- the second one. So far, we have no game, just cutscenes at best. That, to me, says the game isn't developed enough for showcasing.
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I'm still convinced that the part after Murphy picks up the flashlight is gameplay.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

I suspect there are some clues to the gameplay in the trailer, but nothing finalized as of yet. We don't know for certain and they've said nothing so far. I suspect that given that SH seems to fare better abroad that we won't get too much if anything out of TGS... But I'm still hoping for something, if only minor. A short teaser trailer, just something for us to chew on until they're ready.