Would you like characters to make a reappearence?

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

sorata
Gravedigger

Post by sorata »

fogfactor wrote:i agree with the person who said bring back laura.
*gasp* you called the Adversary the "person"???! hahah kidding. Just bugging ya, welcome to the forum.

I am also against the re-appearance thing. There are many reasons for me not liking that:

1. Unless it's a very interesting twist to the story, these type of cameo generally are just fan favors with not much depth. At least in SH3, Harry's scenario had a purpose for the character development of Heather.

2. The favourite of the series for me, is no other than SH2, and there aren't cameo in that, which proofs that there can be a story for SH series to be a stand alone one and can be brilliant.

But I do like the imprint idea and the Laura idea. If it's the imprint, I'd like that the character wasn't actually there or interactive. Maybe a hint on a picture, or something that was left behind by them (like Angela's knife). I think that will be a nice touch if it serve the purpose of linking the psychological state of the character who sees those objects (ie: if the person found Angela's knife, maybe he/she might have killed someone to get out of an abusive relationship).

Just thoughts.
LennethValkyrie
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by LennethValkyrie »

Another idea (going along with the imprint idea) might be the character being present, but not interactive. Like, when you walk into a certain room you find Lisa crying at a bedside desk or something like that, and then she'd disappear if you tried to talk to her.

Which makes me think of the memory imprints in SM. Maybe in SH6 all the items you collect could have a memory of a character imprinted on them. Like, the knife could be found by finding Maria in the town and interacting with her, leaving behind the knife for you to collect. Maybe each of the items could have a cut scene related to the character it came from that could be viewed when you examined it.

I think that'd be a neat way to pay tribute to the series without dwelling on it.
"I'm a tramp? Tell me something I don't know."
-Dubbed line of Dynasty's little nymphet, Sammy Jo.
sorata
Gravedigger

Post by sorata »

LennethValkyrie wrote:Another idea (going along with the imprint idea) might be the character being present, but not interactive. Like, when you walk into a certain room you find Lisa crying at a bedside desk or something like that, and then she'd disappear if you tried to talk to her.

Which makes me think of the memory imprints in SM. Maybe in SH6 all the items you collect could have a memory of a character imprinted on them. Like, the knife could be found by finding Maria in the town and interacting with her, leaving behind the knife for you to collect. Maybe each of the items could have a cut scene related to the character it came from that could be viewed when you examined it.

I think that'd be a neat way to pay tribute to the series without dwelling on it.
Only if there's a reason for her to be there, I guess, not as fan service like r.p.t. in SH:H.
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Post by KiramidHead »

@Aura: I meant more of a brief backstory. It would only add texture, and wouldn't be hugely important to the overall story arc.
Seal of Megatron
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Seal of Megatron »

James could return as a boss, with a toilet bowl attached to one arm and a personality attached to the other.
Who's the man? Me!!
heaven_smile
Just Passing Through

Post by heaven_smile »

god please NO. no returning characters, the odd memo/newspaper reference at the very most. and while we're at it, no monster cameos, and come up with some new locations, see if you can do a silent hill game without the usual hospital/school/amusement park/church, lets have something completely new this time, origins homecoming and shattered memories have more than proved that clinging to the past successes is a bad idea.
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Post by KiramidHead »

I don't mind having brief character referemces/flashbacks, but I wouldn't want an RE style "let's use the same protagonists over and over again" thing.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

i wouldn't mind seeing Laura return as a young adult.

edit. haha, i hadn't noticed that Adversary already suggested Laura. either way, yeah, i wouldn't mind seeing Laura return. i wouldn't want her as the protagonist, though.
fogfactor
Just Passing Through

Post by fogfactor »

SH needs more female protoganists
sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

I would like to see references to other characters, but i'm not to sure if I would like to see the return of old characters, unless they has some damn good reason for being there.
^^
asphyxia_82
Just Passing Through

Post by asphyxia_82 »

Pyramid Head... always pyramid head... hot shit.
[img]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k227/oi_nat/nick/footerdone.jpg[/img]
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

asphyxia_82 wrote:Pyramid Head... always pyramid head... hot shit.
I think I just vomited a bit.
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

No more PH...not even a cameo or reference. I've always felt he should've stayed in SH2.
Apocali
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Apocali »

Pictures of him and the like are fine, just don't have him actually appear again unless you have a really good reason, and even then he should be different, considering that he is no longer James' creation.
Plague
Just Passing Through

Post by Plague »

Moar James. He's epic.<3
AdamMosh
Just Passing Through

Post by AdamMosh »

it would be refreshing to see new characters and it would be awesome to see deep characters like Angela, Eddie, Claudia something like that.
death is in my blood
AdamMosh
Just Passing Through

Post by AdamMosh »

it would be refreshing to see new characters and it would be awesome to see deep characters like Angela, Eddie, Claudia something like that.
death is in my blood
LeriSuccubus
Just Passing Through

Post by LeriSuccubus »

The only way I think it would be okay is if it was a prequel and the characters haven't gone on their adventures yet.
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.
EmilietheStrange
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by EmilietheStrange »

Actually, I retract my earlier statement. While I don't want any characters coming back, I wouldn't mind seeing Robbie the Rabbit one more time. He probably doesn't count, but still.