serial killer in the woods?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

serial killer in the woods?

Post by Doo-glas »

in the woods level, you find a cabin next to a parked truck (the "how am I driving" truck) that has blood on the door, a bloody jacket near it and a trail of blood leading to a hole in the ground (where the killer dumps the bodies?)

does this mean that there's a serial killer in the woods? I thought it was really creepy how there's no other reference to that save for the cabin
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Re: serial killer in the woods?

Post by simeonalo »

The way I see it, Cheryl witnessed a murder and hid the body/dragged it towards the hole in the cabin (the icy fishing hole). The girl in the text message, involved in some sort of "accident", could have been the girl murdered.
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

but why would Cheryl be in the woods?
SHF

Post by SHF »

Because she was hanging out with her friends there.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

helldescent wrote:Because she was hanging out with her friends there.
oh, I see
PIE!!!
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by PIE!!! »

simeonalo wrote:The way I see it, Cheryl witnessed a murder and hid the body/dragged it towards the hole in the cabin (the icy fishing hole). The girl in the text message, involved in some sort of "accident", could have been the girl murdered.
I agree with this. I think she hid the body because she didn't want to be accused by the cops, seeing as how she was coincidentally hanging around in the forest. Just a guess. I don't really have much evidence.
Wolfwood: Oh yeah, I almost forgot. "Go with the grace and protection of the Lord." It's the usual mantra for the big hero.
Vash the Stampede: Does it work?
Wolfwood: That depends entirely on you.
Vash the Stampede: Some mantra...

-Trigun
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Guys, it wasn't a serial murder. The party got wild and a girl accidentally died. Cue everyone going "OHSHIT" and dumping the body in an "I know what you did last summer" scenario.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
PIE!!!
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by PIE!!! »

Now somebody tells me! >=(
Wolfwood: Oh yeah, I almost forgot. "Go with the grace and protection of the Lord." It's the usual mantra for the big hero.

-Trigun
Lahkesis
Just Passing Through

Post by Lahkesis »

I was really slow on picking up the fact that someone died at the party. At first I thought the blood was there just to be disturbing.

But yeah, it was an accident.
PIE!!!
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by PIE!!! »

I wonder how it happened though. Was the kid drunk and jumped off from a high height and land on his/her head? Was here a knife involved? How was this moment relevant enough to Cheryl for her to express the scenery for Harry to witness? Maybe it's to represent her fear of death...

I also find it interesting how the roles are switched fromSilent Hill 2 to this game, where you play as the manifestation (Maria > Harry) instead of the projector of that manifestation (James > Cheryl).

-Trigun
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

PIE!!! wrote:How was this moment relevant enough to Cheryl for her to express the scenery for Harry to witness?
I think it would be traumatic for anyone to witness a death, regardless of whether or not it was murder or accident, friend or stranger. SM is full of seemingly irrelevant things, but they're there because they left a lasting impression on Cheryl. An example would be the guy at the high school that decided to par take in a little bit of erotic asphyxiation. Why throw that in as well if it didn't affect Cheryl in some way? Now that I think about it, her life seems to involve an awful lot of death... o_O Kaufmann had better watch out...

Question; is this accidental death connected with that echo photo found near the sleeping bag in the woods? If I remember correctly there's three different version; one of a woman screaming, one of a woman seemingly drowning, and...I forget the other. Admittedly they did kind of look like Cheryl, but I think they were followed with a strange message.
Also, would this death be connected to that phone call/message thing Harry gets near the phone at the...I think it was a rangers station...
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

PIE!!! wrote:I wonder how it happened though. Was the kid drunk and jumped off from a high height and land on his/her head? Was here a knife involved? How was this moment relevant enough to Cheryl for her to express the scenery for Harry to witness? Maybe it's to represent her fear of death....
It was the girl from the phone messages. She was waiting for her mom (in some versions) to come pick her up then she was invited to a party by a couple guys. They gave her something and she had a bad reaction. There is a picture message Harry receives that says she stripped off all her clothes and started running around screaming. The guys probably meant to just quiet her down and got too rough w/ her. As a result, she was killed either from their direct actions or a bad reaction to the drugs given to her. They loaded her up in the car then dumped her in the woods somewhere, as the picture w/n the message shows us.
PIE!!!
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by PIE!!! »

Ah, that clears some things up. Yeah, I'm really bad at connecting all the dots.
Soulless-Shadow wrote:
PIE!!! wrote:How was this moment relevant enough to Cheryl for her to express the scenery for Harry to witness?
I think it would be traumatic for anyone to witness a death, regardless of whether or not it was murder or accident, friend or stranger. SM is full of seemingly irrelevant things, but they're there because they left a lasting impression on Cheryl. An example would be the guy at the high school that decided to par take in a little bit of erotic asphyxiation. Why throw that in as well if it didn't affect Cheryl in some way? Now that I think about it, her life seems to involve an awful lot of death... o_O Kaufmann had better watch out...
Ah, very good observations. And poor Cheryl. :(

-Trigun
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

PIE!!! wrote:Ah, that clears some things up. Yeah, I'm really bad at connecting all the dots.
It is an acquired talent. Stick around long enough and we'll learn ya a lot. :wink: