Should I make the purchase?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Laxamentum
Just Passing Through

Should I make the purchase?

Post by Laxamentum »

My mother bought herself a Wii.

It is likely I can spend some time with it if I want to.

The question is... Though I do not like the look of the game play, should I buy it?

It is the only SH game I've not played though to completion. (Although I know the story and twists and whatnot.)

The SH stories always captivate me so I thought maybe there was something there worth seeing. Something I missed perhaps.

What do you guys think?
It's a damn shame the way people mistreat such nice things...
-Curtis
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Hell yes. If you're not sure, rent it. You can complete the game in a single sitting if you know what you're doing.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Laxamentum
Just Passing Through

Post by Laxamentum »

AuraTwilight wrote:Hell yes. If you're not sure, rent it. You can complete the game in a single sitting if you know what you're doing.
Ah. Here on the boards I hold the words of AuraTwilight and alone in the town in very high regard!

Truthfully you are certainly urging me toward the purchase.
-Curtis
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, Alone in The Town'll give similar regards.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

Rent it first if your not sure about buying it, then go from there it's different than the other silent hills, some love it some hate it. I personally think it's worth playing once but I definitely wouldn't buy it. I've played every silent hill game except 1 and i consider it to be the 4th best in the series, easily ahead of origins and homecoming but far behind 2, 3, and 4.
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

i'm pretty disappointed in it so far, so yeah, i'd try renting before buying.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

I recommend just going ahead and buying it. It's worth owning it just to play through it again and again, trying out different game tactics.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
Daisukenojo
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Daisukenojo »

Laxamentum wrote:Ah. Here on the boards I hold the words of AuraTwilight and alone in the town in very high regard!

Truthfully you are certainly urging me toward the purchase.
Haha me too! I always trust Aura, AITT, MMY/Adversary, and Krist. They are like meh forum heroezzzzzzz!!!11!111!one
[quote="Catch22"]Wait, wasn't the guy in the trailer wearing a shirt? You know who else wore a shirt? Hitler.

Hitler confirmed as SH6 protagonist.[/quote]
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

I would definitely suggest purchasing it because of its replay value. However... if you're unsure, try renting it first. I enjoyed the gameplay, and though it was rather short I'm really glad I bought it.

One little tip: search here for how to properly throw off the monsters. If you just flail around wildly, you will get thoroughly frustrated, rather quickly.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

AuraTwilight wrote:Well, Alone in The Town'll give similar regards.
Likely!

I got it for PS2 and I suggest getting it for the Wii, mostly out of the hope that it looks nicer. The PS2 version is incredibly inconsistent in its graphical quality.
Laxamentum
Just Passing Through

Post by Laxamentum »

alone in the town wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:Well, Alone in The Town'll give similar regards.
Likely!

I got it for PS2 and I suggest getting it for the Wii, mostly out of the hope that it looks nicer. The PS2 version is incredibly inconsistent in its graphical quality.
Will do. Thank you very much!
-Curtis
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Get it for the Wii or PSP, not for the PS2. The story is great, just don't let anybody spoil it for you. Anyways, if you're not sure, as stated, rent it, but I'd say that you should buy it.
Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

Dont spend more than $15 on this game. Concept = uber cool. Actual game = garbage
RIP Silent Hills
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

I think the game is just as great as it's concept. This game would have been worth a full $60, the fact that it is $40 is a steal.
Bishop Sasarai

Post by Bishop Sasarai »

alone in the town wrote:I got it for PS2 and I suggest getting it for the Wii, mostly out of the hope that it looks nicer. The PS2 version is incredibly inconsistent in its graphical quality.
Really? Damn, graphical inconsistencies can suck. I was thinking of maybe purchasing the PS2 version since I'll be using my PSP for something else and because I don't own a Wii. I think my best friend loaned his Wii out, so I can't steal it, either...

Gotta say, it's difficult to decide on whether I should buy it, because it seems almost an even split with the love/hate camps. That, and I haven't really liked a Silent Hill game since the second one.
"In relation to [animals], all people are Nazis; for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka." - Isaac Bashevis Singer
--
Proud member of the Asiatic hordes. SEANZ.
NanayaShiki

Post by NanayaShiki »

The PS2 version doesn't look as good as the Wii version but it doesn't look bad. It's worth buying if you don't own or like the Wii.
IncoherentMoron
Just Passing Through

Post by IncoherentMoron »

Why are u guys hating on the PS2 version? i bought it today, and the graphics look better than SH2 and SH3 which i also own for ps2,
the console doesnt matter just buy it !
lol i got it for 2 bucks here in my country
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

The graphics don't look better than sh3.
IncoherentMoron
Just Passing Through

Post by IncoherentMoron »

thinking about it ur right, they dont look better, im just saying that it will look what u expect from a ps2 game :)
they look better than sh2 though
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's because the graphics look inferior to the Wii version.