I thought it was because...

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Siaye
Just Passing Through

I thought it was because...

Post by Siaye »

First of all, let me start by saying it's good to be back.

This thread revolves around SM's psych-system and how it affected you on your first playthrough. Unfortunately, I cannot describe in words how "I thought it was because..." works. Instead, I'll just start it up:

In the car scene with Cybil. She starts talking about a big conspiracy. I thought it was because I was looking at her star-shaped air freshener (it was just a snowflake)

IRL, I'm horrible with names. "I know this person because I know their face." So imagine my surprise when my raw-shocks started showing up with big holes where their faces should be. I thought it was because I was looking at all the people's faces when I was talking to them.

In the car scene with Michelle and John. John says something like: "We've been running on empty for months. Our relationship is running on fumes." I thought it was because I spent a lot of my time admiring all the abandoned sports cars around town, especially the BMW in the mall.

My GPS didn't work in the labyrinth. I thought it was because I was using it too much (I got lost a lot the first time).

The labyrinth absolutely blew my mind, (no GPS, repeating rooms, rooms upside-down, random teleportation, etc.) I thought it was because I looked at the marijuana poster at the high school for too long.

Please share your moments of 'I thought it was because...'
Last edited by Siaye on 14 Apr 2010, edited 2 times in total.
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Post by ashatteredmemory »

Nowhere (labyrinth) is always like that, there never is any use of GPS (considering you are still in the same house).
I don't know about Michelle and John, and i think that the "horrible with names" is just coïncidence, i have the opposite problem: i know the names, but i don't know who they are, but still got holes in the faces :P
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

Holes in the face=prominent to the Love Lost ending, mainly with Abstract shapes (The crosses and cube) represent your 'Abstract' personality,
Siaye
Just Passing Through

Post by Siaye »

I highly appreciate the insight. However, perhaps I should me reiterate the purpose of this thread:

The thread is for people to share their misconceptions about the 'psych' system during their first play.

I knew that the game would be watching my every move, and would change accordingly.
However, I didn't know which aspects and dialogues were subject to the aforementioned changes.
Hence, "I thought it was because..."

It's kinda like a game, I guess.
Get it?
Now.... Share!
MapDark
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MapDark »

When I saw Cybil in the slutty outfit I thought it might be because I spent a certain ammount of time in the gas station's male bathroom with Harry staring at the graffitti filled urinal instead of pressing pause.

When I saw a weird mix of slutty raw shocks mixed with Picasso-rawshocks I thought it might be the game telling me I was a bit schyzophrenic XD
Heather Mason , the only girl who will face deadly danger
by going to the mall for hair bleach !!

[img]http://furnation.com/mapdark/maplick.gif[/img]
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

When I kept getting no cleavage Cybil, I thought it was because the game hated me.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Not exactly relevant, but I had a friend who thought that Michelle and Dahlia were two split personalities of the same person who had epic costume changing abilities. It was also her first Silent Hill game, and thus totally fucking hilarious.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
MapDark
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MapDark »

AuraTwilight wrote:Not exactly relevant, but I had a friend who thought that Michelle and Dahlia were two split personalities of the same person who had epic costume changing abilities. It was also her first Silent Hill game, and thus totally fucking hilarious.
Multiple-Michelle , I love it XD

Oh gawd .. now I had horrible mental images of SHSM mixed with Silence of the lambs.
Heather Mason , the only girl who will face deadly danger
by going to the mall for hair bleach !!

[img]http://furnation.com/mapdark/maplick.gif[/img]
Komov
Just Passing Through

Post by Komov »

When I got the monsters with unusually shaped geometric heads and sliced bodies, I thought they were based on my Obsessive-Compulsive personality. Dunno, they seemed somewhat squarish, symmetric to me like something a person with OCD might like.
[i]"It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others."
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."[/i]
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

When lisa died i thought it was because i gave her the pill she wanted =(
still not sure what would have happened if i geve her a different one,