Raw Shock Touching Harry

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

mjm800
Just Passing Through

Raw Shock Touching Harry

Post by mjm800 »

I noticed that the Raw Shock I had would touch Harry in a very gentle, caring way when he would fall to the ground. When he would finally fall they would come over to him kneel down and place their hands on him. In a strange way it was touching.

I was wondering if there is any significance to these actions or are they meaningless.
Whitney
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Whitney »

When I played I believed the Rawshock were manifestations of Cheryl's desperate wish to cling to her delusions and happy fantasy life.

The Rawshocks never hurt Harry. They only wear him down and impede his progress in discovering truths related in particular breakthrough moment in therapy (the voicemails directly related to the Mason family). These truths related to her past slowly chip away at her overall fantasy and she loses the control she desperately wants back. If she can stop Harry/herself from digesting these truths she can continue living her fake happy family life. Basically the rawshocks are physical manifestations of Cheryl's resistance to the therapy sessions. This is why they never actually hurt Harry (and lovingly stroke his head when incapacitated). She doesn't want to kill him, she wants to keep him and herself in the dark so she can continue living in her fantasy world a bit longer.
My Websites!
Image Image Image
Sepultcher
Just Passing Through

Post by Sepultcher »

Whitney wrote:When I played I believed the Rawshock were manifestations of Cheryl's desperate wish to cling to her delusions and happy fantasy life.

The Rawshocks never hurt Harry. They only wear him down and impede his progress in discovering truths related in particular breakthrough moment in therapy (the voicemails directly related to the Mason family). These truths related to her past slowly chip away at her overall fantasy and she loses the control she desperately wants back. If she can stop Harry/herself from digesting these truths she can continue living her fake happy family life. Basically the rawshocks are physical manifestations of Cheryl's resistance to the therapy sessions. This is why they never actually hurt Harry (and lovingly stroke his head when incapacitated). She doesn't want to kill him, she wants to keep him and herself in the dark so she can continue living in her fantasy world a bit longer.

The Raw Shocks don't sound all that bad anymore.

It's actually kind of touching now.
"This is one of those rare fact-based type details in SH that really can't- and shouldn't- be turned into a metaphor for a dead wife"
-Lain of the wired