John and Michelle-Beware Of Spoilers

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Re: john and michelle

Post by AuraTwilight »

But anyways, Michelle just seemed so kind and perfect that it feels like she's a fantasy version of her mother. Unless she's a fantasy version of herself, hmmmm, interesting take on it.
Yea, it would explain the Michelle/Dahlia reversal business if they both represent the same person.
no i mean i never knew dahlia was the harrys wife. its not mentioned in the game
Have you even played the game?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SHF

Post by SHF »

theres no proof that dahlias the mother. and again, the mother sounds nothing like dahlia. ive recorded all 3 characters voices. thats how i know
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

Okay, we're going by the scene where an older version of Dahlia tells Harry that she's his wife. Harry IS Cheryl's dad, in this particular case, I think it's safe to assume Dahlia's the wife and the mother. In this game, everything we already knew about SH is thrown out the window.
Hexagram
Just Passing Through

Post by Hexagram »

I can't say that Harry's wife and Dahlia are the same person because one is real and the other is a part of Cheryl's imagination. We can assume Harry's real wife is Dahlia because of the scene where the older Dahlia says she's his wife. She definitely represents Cheryl's mother, she just might have a bad opinion of her and thus she's a slut/drunk/whatever game you're playing

She may have had a rough relationship with her mother as most teenagers do. Especially if Harry died in a car crash after breaking up with his wife and telling Cheryl he loved her (like we see in the love lost ending).

I think she painted her father up to be a "hero" while she blamed her mother for what happened. She thought of her mother in a negative way (Dahlia) and imagined a perfect mother she wished she had (Michelle). As progress is being made with Cheryl, John (Harry) breaks up with Michelle, and she begins to feel sorry for her mother. Even if she is still in denial about her fantasy mother not being real.

And MariaRising, thank you. :)
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

theres no proof that dahlias the mother. and again, the mother sounds nothing like dahlia. ive recorded all 3 characters voices. thats how i know
Except for, you know, Cheryl and Dahlia and Harry and Kauffman all saying so.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SHF

Post by SHF »

kauffman never addresses cheryls mother as dahlia. ever
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

Hexagram wrote:I can't say that Harry's wife and Dahlia are the same person because one is real and the other is a part of Cheryl's imagination. We can assume Harry's real wife is Dahlia because of the scene where the older Dahlia says she's his wife. She definitely represents Cheryl's mother, she just might have a bad opinion of her and thus she's a slut/drunk/whatever game you're playing

She may have had a rough relationship with her mother as most teenagers do. Especially if Harry died in a car crash after breaking up with his wife and telling Cheryl he loved her (like we see in the love lost ending).

I think she painted her father up to be a "hero" while she blamed her mother for what happened. She thought of her mother in a negative way (Dahlia) and imagined a perfect mother she wished she had (Michelle). As progress is being made with Cheryl, John (Harry) breaks up with Michelle, and she begins to feel sorry for her mother. Even if she is still in denial about her fantasy mother not being real.

And MariaRising, thank you. :)
Another great theory that makes sense :)
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

helldescent wrote:kauffman never addresses cheryls mother as dahlia. ever
Not that I recall. But Dahlia and Cheryl's mother look very similar (they also look a bit like that woman in Harry's house on Levin st, I think it is). Also, Kauffman says, near the end, that her mother isn't the monster she makes her out to be. The only character that is shown is a sort of negative manner is Dahlia. It's pretty much left for the player to figure out.
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

Soulless-Shadow, all the facts are straight :)
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Soulless Shadow beat me to it. It's such an obvious and simple deduction that you have to make shit up to come to any other conclusion, and that's not even including the fact that the two live together, Dahlia was Cheryl's biological mother in the original games, and Cheryl has no reason to lie and claim she's her mom if she hates her so much.

And if she's not Cheryl's mother, WHO IS? This isn't the sort of detail you can just ignore. The whole game centers around the fact that Cheryl is holding on to this memory of the three of them being a real, happy family, broken by a failed marriage and possibly affairs. If Dahlia isn't really Cheryl's mother, then...well, what the fuck does she matter to the plot?
SHF

Post by SHF »

dahlia is her mother. but dahlia isnt not harrys wife.
Hexagram
Just Passing Through

Post by Hexagram »

helldescent wrote:dahlia is her mother. but dahlia isnt not harrys wife.

I had to quote you on this.... are you being ironic with the double negative?
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

helldescent wrote:dahlia is her mother. but dahlia isnt not harrys wife.
Huh? :shock: That could be true, but could you explain? Sounds very interesting to me.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Except...Dahlia outright says she's Harry's wife.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

AuraTwilight wrote:Except...Dahlia outright says she's Harry's wife.
Yeah. Just before everything freezes over above the Green Lion store. She's even wearing a wedding ring if I remember correctly.
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

Right. There's no proof to suggest that she isn't his wife.
SHF

Post by SHF »

when kauffman says your mother isnt the monster u make her out to be, its refering to how cheryl blames her mother for them splitting up. she has resentment toward her. thats all.
Hexagram
Just Passing Through

Post by Hexagram »

helldescent wrote:when kauffman says your mother isnt the monster u make her out to be, its refering to how cheryl blames her mother for them splitting up. she has resentment toward her. thats all.

If anything, that supports my theory that Dahlia is Cheryl's opinion of her mother. And thus she is Harry's wife.
SHF

Post by SHF »

you just said opinion. thats different from fact or proof. there is proof that the mother isnt dahlia at all. people arent listening
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

helldescent wrote:you just said opinion. thats different from fact or proof. there is proof that the mother isnt dahlia at all. people arent listening
You're forgetting the scene when Dahlia tells Harry she is his wife. Why would one of Cheryl's illusions claim to be her father's wife if she wasn't created to represent Cheryl's opinion on her mother? None of the other characters claim to have such a close relationship to Harry. In fact, Cybil, Michelle, and Lisa are all strangers to Harry. None of them mention knowing him previously to their meetings in game. Dahlia is the only one who claims to know Harry before their in-game meeting.