Which do you honestly prefer?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Which one do you like best?

Silent Hill 1
60%
Shattered Memories
40%

Total votes: 92

Jack Frober
Gravedigger

Post by Jack Frober »

cascade88 wrote:
So... that means you can't discuss why you liked one better than the other? That's like saying I can't discuss why I like, well, oranges more than I care for apples.
Wow, actually when I wrote that post and left it like that, I had a feeling this would be your response. But still, I gave you a benefit of the doubt and yet you failed to see the point.

Read again.
This young man never had a bummer in some 33 LSD trips. Every one of them was a delight, everything under control. He needed only to snap his fingers and down he came, anytime. But on voyage 34 he finally met himself coming down an up-staircase, and the encounter was crushing.
Dogg Thang
Just Passing Through

Post by Dogg Thang »

I can't help feeling it is you that failed to see his point. Sure, it's a common expression but people do have preferences when it comes to apples and oranges. And there's nothing wrong with discussing that.

If you don't want to discuss it, no problem.

But I, for one, see no point in trying to stifle discussion.

If you're curious, I prefer oranges. I'd give you my reasoning but it would be better suited to an off-topic post. This thread, as far as I can see, is for discussing which Silent Hill game people preferred.
cascade88
Historical Society Historian

Post by cascade88 »

Jack Frober wrote:
cascade88 wrote:
So... that means you can't discuss why you liked one better than the other? That's like saying I can't discuss why I like, well, oranges more than I care for apples.
Wow, actually when I wrote that post and left it like that, I had a feeling this would be your response. But still, I gave you a benefit of the doubt and yet you failed to see the point.

Read again.
No, I got the point. My point is that this isn't a thread (or at least wasn't meant to be a thread) for comparing it. It was more of a "I like SH1 cos it had demons/cults." or "I like SHSM cos it didn't." With a little more elaboration, obviously. I don't see the problem with saying which one someone likes better.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
Jack Frober
Gravedigger

Post by Jack Frober »

cascade88 wrote:
I don't see the problem with saying which one someone likes better.
This thread is obviously about comparing games that are "supposed" to be similar due to that nice little word "re-imagining", but they're not. In fact, they are way too different. Hence the "apples and oranges" part.

Constant need for people to compare things just pisses me off. That's all.
This young man never had a bummer in some 33 LSD trips. Every one of them was a delight, everything under control. He needed only to snap his fingers and down he came, anytime. But on voyage 34 he finally met himself coming down an up-staircase, and the encounter was crushing.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Posts removed. Stay civil, guys.