A Delusion/Illusion that can kill?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

JiGoKuShOuJiN
Just Passing Through

A Delusion/Illusion that can kill?

Post by JiGoKuShOuJiN »

Okay I got this from the Lisa topic.

If Harry was already dead, and just a delusion/illusion, then why was Lisa killed?

If we take a look at Lisa's Death because of wrong pills:

Harry(who was a delusion) gave pills to Lisa right?

A site I know says that Lisa died because of overdose(a reference from her death in SH1 perhaps?!) and sleeping with a head wound(concussion?). But mainly overdose.

Then it was a delusion's fault?

When Harry enters the room, we see Lisa dead. With RED pills scattered. (Overdose again?)
Did the pills change on your play-through or not?

Either she slept, then the concussion killed her or Lisa was another drug addict in this game. She sent Harry out and pretend to sleep. After Harry was gone, she "flipped-out" on the RED drug. She did say that she feels wrong. But she didn't say that she "had a dream".

So the wrong pill death was the real death?

EDIT: This is all wrong pill death.
Last edited by JiGoKuShOuJiN on 25 Jan 2010, edited 1 time in total.
cascade88
Historical Society Historian

Post by cascade88 »

One thing, she's not always already dead when you get back. And another, the pill color isn't always red, it's whichever pill color you gave her. And if I'm not mistaken, I remember in a walkthrough, on Lisa's phone call to Harry, she does mention a dream.

Anyway, it's all just an allegory. Harry undoubtedly feels some guilt for Lisa's death, regardless of whether or not he actually is at fault. This represents how Cheryl feels guilty over his death, even though she didn't actually cause it.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
JiGoKuShOuJiN
Just Passing Through

Post by JiGoKuShOuJiN »

I was talking about the wrong pill death. Hmmm.... I tried the wrong pill. And she didn't mention a dream. She just said something about feeling wrong blablabla.
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

^ See, in my last playthrough, I gave her the correct pill and she called me saying she felt bad, that something was wrong, and she was again dead before I even got back.
Escapist
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Escapist »

^The correct one? Usually when i give her that one she calls me and tells me about a nightmare with "blood everywhere".

Anyway, I'd say cascade's interpretation is right. The pills have nohthing to do with her death, though Harry still feels guilty for it, just like Cheryl.
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

Escapist wrote:^The correct one? Usually when i give her that one she calls me and tells me about a nightmare with "blood everywhere".
Yeah I thought it was weird. She asked for yellow, I gave her yellow, but she didn't have the slightly "better" death.
FiliusMartis
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FiliusMartis »

You're not considering the idea that maybe Lisa is no more real than Harry. Have you gotten the Sleaze and Sirens ending? In that ending
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
you see Harry about to have a threesome with Lisa and Michelle. Lisa looks exactly the same in that tape, which was made 18 years ago, as she does in her death scene.
Maybe the death sequence depends on more than just what pills you give her. Did you run as fast as you could back to her when she called? Did you try to call her back? Lots of little things make up the game- I think the point is that it's supposed to be difficult to track things to one single choice.

I've never given her the wrong pill and have always gotten a call where she's had a nightmare with "so much blood." I've also never noticed pills on the table or floor or wherever you say they are. However, when Harry brings her the pills doesn't he puts them in her hand and she swallows them straight away. If there are scattered pills there's no reason they should have come from Harry. It's a false connection. It's more likely that Lisa woke up and went and took some more, died from the OD, and when you see the pills you're supposed to be like oh no those are the ones I gave her... but they're not.
lbsword
Just Passing Through

Post by lbsword »

I don't understand.

Lisa asked for the Yellow pill. Which i went and got for her. I got the phone call where she said she had a bad dream and there was blood everywhere. I got back and there was blood everywhere, she was dead. Cybil then comes in and she accuses me of killing her.

What other options are there?
FiliusMartis
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FiliusMartis »

You could give her the wrong pill. She asks for yellow you give her like... red or something because you feel so inclined. You get a different death from what is posted here; apparently, you get a different phone call that doesn't mention a dream and she's dead when you get there.

Whenever I played and gave her the right pill she was alive when I got back; just long enough to say "Harry...." and bleed out everywhere. Charming girl.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

She dies either way, meaning that the pill only aggravated the real cause. Either she overdosed, or it's because the dumb bitch decided it was a smart idea to sleep while she had a concussion.

also, Lisa isn't real, either.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Escapist
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Escapist »

lbsword wrote:I don't understand.

Lisa asked for the Yellow pill. Which i went and got for her. I got the phone call where she said she had a bad dream and there was blood everywhere. I got back and there was blood everywhere, she was dead. Cybil then comes in and she accuses me of killing her.

What other options are there?
Giver her the wrong pill, she will call you and say "oh Harry what have you done?" and when you come back she is already dead.

I think it's clear that Lisa never died because of Harry's influence.
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

i dont think any of it was real actually. All in Cheryl head
silenced angel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by silenced angel »

It looks like Lisa was negligent.

Real or not, it's a shame she died so early, I wanted to see more of her in this game.
nanook in heaven...
FiliusMartis
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FiliusMartis »

I paid very close attention to her coffee table this time around and noticed something. After giving her the yellow pill she asked for I searched the table carefully and saw a remote and a bottle that looks ...really looks like a wine bottle. When I got back, said bottle was gone. Could be nothing... could be something. Drugs and alcohol don't mix after all.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Good eye, I didn't even think of that.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

I didn't notice a wine bottle, however, I did notice that a good number of pills, along with the bottle, seemed to be sprawled out on her coffee table when I returned the first couple of times. It made me think she might have gone and overdosed herself on accident.
FiliusMartis
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FiliusMartis »

The bottle has been there every single time I played. I'll gladly get a picture for you, but it will be a crummy shot of my TV... it'll do though.

This time I gave her the wrong pill, and when I returned the pill bottle was open on the table. It wasn't there when I left so she had to have gotten up and gotten more pills on her own. She messed herself up.