About the UFO messages.... [Spoilers?]

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

cascade88
Historical Society Historian

About the UFO messages.... [Spoilers?]

Post by cascade88 »

Right, so I just finished the game again. I collected all the lovely UFO's, got the appropriate ending as such and all that. Now the ending is of course, hilarious as hell, but something about the actual text messages you get while collecting the pictures of UFO's creeped me out.

I'm sure it's obvious to anyone else who's gone for the UFO ending, but it seems to be the case (or at least the implied case) that the guy messaging you after each picture ultimately grows so paranoid about aliens that he locks his wife in the cellar and lets her starve to death. So yeah. Anyone up for discussing the creepiness of that? Do you think it was meant to be played for very dark humor, or was it just added in to make you feel all the more unsettled?
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
Matador
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Matador »

Man, that dude was hilarious.
I have a feeling it was James. He walked in thinking your gonna be in there to meet him lol.
[color=red][i]don't wanna follow the laws of man
bloody apron, Leg of Lamb[/i][/color]
Dark Shadow
Just Passing Through

Post by Dark Shadow »

I found it pretty funny, but maybe that's just me.
Escapist
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Escapist »

James? That could be great. I thought it was actually Kaufman xD
OrlandoEastwood
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by OrlandoEastwood »

Messenger wrote:Man, that dude was hilarious.
I have a feeling it was James. He walked in thinking your gonna be in there to meet him lol.
Yeah, I just wrapped up the UFO ending and got the same impression. He goes to the light house to meet Harry and then whoops! Kinda like a reversal on the Greatest Hits version of Silent Hill 2 where James runs into Harry in the UFO ending.
www.orlandoeastwoodfilms.tk // http://orlando-eastwood.tripod.com
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/OrlandoEastwoodFilms?feature=mhw4#p/a]Click here to view the Teaser Trailer & Behind the Scenes footage of [i]Trauma[/i]![/url]
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

>.> Okay. Now that I think of it being James, it becomes more funny and less creepy.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

I took it as humor, definitely. I mean, look at the facts here. You have a guy running around with memory loss, blacking out, teleporting, drowning a couple of times, taking photos of ghosts and UFOs. It's so over the top, it can't be serious. While it is unsettling, the bit about the wife, I was completely desensitized to most of the creepiness by then and just laughed at it.

I liked the way it was done this time, having to take pictures and then get the texts.
ImageImage
Camhacks & stuff: SH1 | SH2 | SH3 | SH4 | SHSM | FaceBook | YouTube
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

To me the messages weren't disturbing, just a sick sense of dark humor