Kaufmans sexual/non sexual abstrcat images test ... ?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

SasaYamaoka
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SasaYamaoka »

ok ... no biggie ... sooner or later somebody will dig them up somwhere.
ComaWhite
Just Passing Through

Post by ComaWhite »

AuraTwilight wrote:I want to meet the person who thinks the Skull was a sex symbol.

Hi.
Save yourself.

[url=http://www.elementsgraphics.net/index.php?id=eggs][img]http://www.boomspeed.com/egraphics/o919a.gif[/img][/url]
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

i got the noose as well, almost went primary with the one that kinda looked like a pelvis.

Does anybody know what it was on otherside
Restoration01
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Restoration01 »

I got a knife for my playthroughs.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

ComaWhite wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:I want to meet the person who thinks the Skull was a sex symbol.

Hi.
Sir, I want to know what genitalia and/or coitus position the skull looks like to you. I'm...DYING to know! Oh ho ho ho ho ho~!
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Escapist
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Escapist »

^It doesn't really have to mean that it's a penis or a vagina in disguise. I thought that the one that looked like a vessel meant fertility, and therefore sex.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

I know that one of them becomes a motorcycle (or was it car?), and another is a knife.

I'm tempted to go back through the game and just repeat that specific part to take pictures of the backs of the cards, though I have no way of doing screencaptures and would do it with a camera.
Restoration01
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Restoration01 »

I think what Kaufmann meant was... If you deny a death of a deceased loved one, you would reject any future relationships, therefore if you "Deny sex" it means that you refuse to accept the death of the loved one, and refusing to move on.

Confusing, I know... took me an hour to write this few sentences... :|
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I don't think that really follows, especially since Cheryl didn't really deny future relationships. In psychology, "Death" and "Sex" are symbolically interchangeable. It's a Jungian thing.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Im always getting the skull. My Wii bricked, so now I can't make it out on my PSP :/
EileenGalvin
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by EileenGalvin »

That test got on my nerves because I was like WTH they all don't tell me anything. So I just picked them randomly, about 50% on each side.
[url=http://www.visitsilenthill.com][img]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/EileenGalvin/vshsignature.gif[/img][/url]
SasaYamaoka
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SasaYamaoka »

Thats interesting ... how come you didnt choose simply any???
Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Biccard »

I chose a picture that looked like a sex ed-style picture of a vagina and ovaries for the most sexual one. He flipped it around and it was a skull of an animal. Which is a symbol of death
Dante
Just Passing Through

Post by Dante »

To be honest none of the images looked like sexual to me. :?

Then the doc got upset with me saying that If I deny sex,I deny death. :shock:
But the "tiger in space" was funny, xD xD xD I was... "WTF are you talking about ?!?" :x "What does this have do with sex ?"

And that line, "You know,those who don´t come here,have enough sex". xD xD xD
[img]http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/811/renadelusions.jpg[/img]
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

Yeah, i chose only one, the one that looked like a vagina, when he flipped it was something that looked either like a dagger or the rope
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

It was the noose, probably.
Anxiety Sponge, MD
Just Passing Through

Post by Anxiety Sponge, MD »

Dante wrote:To be honest none of the images looked like sexual to me. :?

Then the doc got upset with me saying that If I deny sex,I deny death. :shock:
But the "tiger in space" was funny, xD xD xD I was... "WTF are you talking about ?!?" :x "What does this have do with sex ?"

And that line, "You know,those who don´t come here,have enough sex". xD xD xD
Me too. I was playing with my friend. We kept trying to find something sexual in the pictures, but we couldn't come up with anything. We figured it was a trick question, so we shoved them all on the non-sexual side. Dr. K then got in this little bitch fit about how we were in denial and our sexuality was abnormal or something. I was getting pissed at him, I'll admit.
Shadow Dragon
Just Passing Through

Post by Shadow Dragon »

To me, a couple did kinda look like distorted images of sexual organs, so I placed those over on the sexual side. The card he flipped over for me was a hand pointing a gun at me. Which I thought was funny because guns often equal phallic and/or sexual imagery. Then he went on his diatribe about sex equally death.

I could understand his reasoning, but I'd still love to know what the fuck, "Tiger in space," means. It kinda reminds me of that live from the Simpsons, "Is some blind tiger jerking suds on the side?" :lol:

Also, this is my hundreth post! :D
"They look like monsters to you?"
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

Maybe the whole "Tiger in space" thing has something to do with Freud's dream description thing?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The Tiger in space is a paraphrase of Freud's writing. He likened fear of the unknown to a "tiger in the dark unseen" as a metaphor, as if the person's irrational fear of sex is comparable to a proverbial tiger jumping out and clawing your gonads.

Sex, like death, is a great, unknown leap into the unknown. It's naturally a source of anxiety and apprehension, and for most people, their "first time" is a frightening experience to build up to, despite knowing that it's probably going to be AWESOME.