1UP PSP Review

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Post by Yuki »

DistantJ wrote:Aha, so I could just borrow the Wii for a week or so and have it finished? That I might just do. Then if I feel the need to replay it I can grab myself a PSP...
You could have it beaten multiple times, if you have the time. My first playthrough was around 6 hours.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Looks like I'm borrowing the Wii and playing it through this weekend then!

I reckon if I enjoy it enough to want to replay it I'll get myself a PSP, as I'd like to go through Origins again as well.
vanbakura
Just Passing Through

Post by vanbakura »

The PSP version is actually really good. I was impressed by how well they translated the game. The only fault I could find was that the sound is not dynamic, it only plays one mix and fades the sound in and out so during chase sequences the music is always high tension even when your not being chased.
The wii version is the ultimate version and should be experienced but if you can't I would recommend getting the PSP version over the PS2 as the faults are more forgivable on a hand held.
vanbakura.deviantart.com
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Interesting differences.

I'm still really undecided. If I get a PSP it means I pretty much 'own' the game for replays etc. and I can go back and re-experience SH0, but it does mean spending more money. I'd need to know of a few more PSP games worth owning the system for I think.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
DirtyNorris
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by DirtyNorris »

^Motorstorm Arctic Edge, LBP, GTA Liberty City Stories, Resistance Retribution, COD Roads to Victory, God of War, Infected-all worth buying.
[img]http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac241/DirtyNorris/o0p1cpjpg.png[/img]
Numb Body01
Historical Society Historian

Post by Numb Body01 »

And SH:O, obviously.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
DirtyNorris
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by DirtyNorris »

And SH:O, obviously.
I forgot SH0?
:oops:
...Shame on me. Shame on me indeed.
[img]http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac241/DirtyNorris/o0p1cpjpg.png[/img]
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Either way it's not going to be for a while, I have plenty of games to play on my PS3 (currently in Mirror's Edge and Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, then onto a re-play of SH5) and not a whole lot of time (I work for myself) right now. But perhaps someday I'll give it a whirl, maybe my bro in law can lend me his PSP.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

(Sorry to double post, but this was ages ago and I need the topic bumped for the update)

So I got myself a PSP along with SH:SM today. I didn't get along with the Wii version so well mainly due to the controls more than anything but I did really like the story and atmosphere/environments, so I thought it'd be a good first PSP game for me. So far I'm enjoying it a lot more than I did on the Wii as well, the visuals look better (ok the Wii version obviously has better textures and all that but it's doing 480p on my HDTV whilst the PSP has it's own awesome small screen which displays that kind of resolution looking nice and sharp), I'm finding it more immersive (perhaps because I feel I'm finally in full control) and somehow scarier (I dunno how that works, I'm using headphones and the lights are off, maybe it's because I'm closer to the screen and the audio is 'around' me...

But my point is I'd recommend the PSP version to anybody who is unsure! I'm certainly going to get 0rigins soon too (my original playthrough was on a PS2)