Playing the game with multiple people

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

TMALIVE
Just Passing Through

Playing the game with multiple people

Post by TMALIVE »

Just wondering if anyone tried this, and how it went? Over the holidays, I had 4 people play the game with me, and we switched to a different person per session, so see the results of 4 different personalities. Some people were just trying to break the game, while others tried to be honest but were afraid to answer some questions in front of others (considering some of those answers are very personal). What we got was big leaps sometimes, with Harry being considered a nice guy but with Cybil hating him, to Harry acting like a asshole with girls being more attracted to him. We didn't beat the game to see the end results, but a part of me wishes they had an ending that involved split personalities in some way.
Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Post by Yuki »

I played with multiple people two or three times, though for the most part I let them decide their own parts.
Droo

Post by Droo »

I played it with my mom and had her do all her own psyche sessions. It was pretty much the exact opposite of my experiences.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

My boyfriend and I shared our first session. He watched me do my own psyche profile, then afterwards, I had him try to do his own run. Things were fine until the first Nightmare stage, where he ran through like a pussy despite his shitty grasp of Wiimote control and somehow didn't even see ONE monster (total and absolute complete bullshit wtf) and then he passed it off to me to physically play while he made all the decisions.

It was fun.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
soam108
Just Passing Through

Re: Playing the game with multiple people

Post by soam108 »

TMALIVE wrote:Just wondering if anyone tried this, and how it went?
I don't have any friends :(
Touch Coma
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Touch Coma »

Its kind of boring to play with others in my opinion. Kills the atmosphere.

Spoilers:
Harry kind of does have a split personality because of cheryl's influence. He changes a whole lot through out the game, especially at the hospital.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Touch Coma wrote:Its kind of boring to play with others in my opinion. Kills the atmosphere.

Spoilers:
Harry kind of does have a split personality because of cheryl's influence. He changes a whole lot through out the game, especially at the hospital.
It's not a split personality; it's your actions showing who the ideal!Harry is. He still cares insanely for his daughter even with other character flaws, but it's not a split personality.
TMALIVE
Just Passing Through

Post by TMALIVE »

Yuki wrote:
Touch Coma wrote:Its kind of boring to play with others in my opinion. Kills the atmosphere.

Spoilers:
It's not a split personality; it's your actions showing who the ideal!Harry is. He still cares insanely for his daughter even with other character flaws, but it's not a split personality.
Ya, that's what I meant. Like, there isn't an ending that could come from different people screwing with Harry/Cheryl's profile. Example, an ending where Cheryl thinks she's Harry, or 12 Harry's show up at the end to confront Cheryl, etc.
Nasta
Just Passing Through

Post by Nasta »

AuraTwilight wrote:My boyfriend and I shared our first session. He watched me do my own psyche profile, then afterwards, I had him try to do his own run. Things were fine until the first Nightmare stage, where he ran through like a pussy despite his shitty grasp of Wiimote control and somehow didn't even see ONE monster (total and absolute complete bullshit wtf) and then he passed it off to me to physically play while he made all the decisions.

It was fun.
I died a LOT my first playthrough because I got lost so much and I noticed that during my second playthrough, I saw almost no Raw Shocks. Was that your experience there, too, then? Because I didn't run into any during the first nightmare level either.

But to respond to the OP:

I ALWAYS play every new Silent Hill game with my best friend. When one of us gets too freaked out, we pass the controller off and bicker constantly about who has to do the hospital level. XD When we played through, we didn't know the plot twist so we answered all the questions the way we thought SH1 Harry Mason would. We ended up with Love Lost. <3
KM
Just Passing Through

Post by KM »

^My sister played through the first time and we also tried to answer as SH1 Harry would've. Sometimes we didn't know, though, so she just had to answer for herself which might've conflicted with "Harry's" personality. We ended up with the Wicked and Weak ending. 'Twas hard to watch because I've always loved Harry so :(
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

That is an extremely interesting way of doing it~! I played it and at one point Cybil did suspect him but after that was nice, everyone in the game was extremely chill with me throughout the whole thing except for that two times.
My sister played it and so far everyones been jerks to her Harry and hate him XD
With the personality questions thing, I don't think I'd be able to have people see me answer the questions, it seems a little personal at times, my sis has me put on music and look away when she answers, I played it alone though.
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))
pj
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by pj »

I played my first round mostly alone (my wife watched me do two of the chases).

Then, last night, I took the game over to my parents house so my little brother could play his save game, and I let it slip that I could finish his game in about 2 to 3 hours. Suddenly I found myself holding the controls.

Now, it was about 8 o'clock, and my brother had saved just outside of the forest chase. He had, like, five of his friends visiting the house, too, which you think would make for a pretty awkward, mood-killing experience: six people watching 1 guy play a videogame.

At around 11 o'clock, I finished the apartment Nightmare sequence. We were sitting in the living room, in the dark, with the TV turned up to a ridiculously loud volume. My mother, and all of the kids that hadn't had to leave by that point, were glued to the screen, and when I tried to leave and go home because it was freaking 11 p.m., they literally would not let me.

I can't explain how satisfying that was to me. I hunkered down and finished the game.

I have to say, I was actually surprised that the group experience went so well and was so satisfying. As someone who knew what was going on, and what was to come, it was so much fun listening to everyone else trying to make sense of it all. How they'd keep throwing out guesses and theories, how they reacted when the game revealed something new, or when a character showed up or called (Dahlia's parts seemed to get the biggest reactions across the board--every time she texted, called, appeared, or anything else, it started a wildfire of speculation and discussion).

I plan on taking my wife through the game soon, too.

If you've got a group of people who you know would appreciate a story like this, I say go for it (after you've played it yourself, of course). Its a fantastic way to get people who wouldn't experience the story otherwise to do so, and it's so well-told that it will keep them hooked till the end.
silenced angel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by silenced angel »

I'm currently playing with my bf, I play the whole game, but I ask him to help me with the tests, it was nice to have him answer the first test (with all those personal questions) and know how he perceives me,I realized he knows me damn too well.
nanook in heaven...
Catch22
Subway Guard

Post by Catch22 »

The guy I usually play SH with, Josh, hasn't been around for a while, and none of my other friends are really into the series, so I haven't played SM in a group. Josh has actually become somewhat of a recluse, and it depresses me to think about him.

Still, my first Silent Hill experience was with Josh. I had bought SH2, brought it over to his place, and we played it along with his brother and another friend. We did this quite a few times. It was sort of our ritual throughout the summer. I can't explain how much fun we had. Then one of the friends moved away, and the tradition quickly died out.

We were a lot younger, so I remember we'd all freak out at the same moments, and were all so amazed when the twist became apparent in SH2. Ah, good stuff.
DirtyNorris
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by DirtyNorris »

My brother took part in the therapy sessions, and I played the actual game. He got the sexy/hardass Cybil, sexual/tumor type Raw Shocks, the nicer version of John and the slightly flirtatious Michelle.

I would think the results would be more accurate if he actually played it himself (though he doesn't like any games that aren't generic WW2 shooters), with the game "watching you play" and all-though it seems to me all it does is pick up what posters you look at.
[img]http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac241/DirtyNorris/o0p1cpjpg.png[/img]
Silent One
Gravedigger

Post by Silent One »

I played for my little brother since he's a bit of a wimp and didn't want to do the chase sequences. I noticed his game had dialogue that I never heard and a couple other little differences.
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

The first time I played SH2, it was with my cousin (and former best friend). She and I had a blast playing it. We got scared and jumpy together, took turns (one of us on the controller, the other with the guide >.>) and it was really awesome.

Our bratty younger cousin sneaking outside and throwing himself against the bedroom window a couple hours in, making an insanely loud sound out of the freaking blue? Not so awesome. >.>
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

First time I witnessed Silent Hill I was a little kid and my Mom played it. It's quite fun telling people, yes my mother introduced me to Silent Hill.
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Remember this thread is about Shattered Memories, guys. :P

I haven't played it with anyone else, although my husband's interest seemed to be sparked from me telling him about it. He might watch my next playthrough.
Panzer_Kämpfer
Just Passing Through

Post by Panzer_Kämpfer »

I played and let my bro answer the questions, etc. He'd tell me what things he wanted me to zoom in on, etc. I ended up with Love Lost, and his first run through he got Wicked and Weak.

Tis interesting, to say the least. And I agree with whoever it was that said it probably only notices which posters you zoom in on. Those and the random bong in the High School storage room, pot graffiti, etc. Harry just chuckles and says something about 'kids these days.'

I couldn't believe there was actually a bong-a-ma-jigger... I was like wait, wut? Is that what I think it is? Ah hah! That's what they're doing in arts and crafts these days. Damn kids! :mrgreen:
I always push the RED button.