Game Glitches & Bugs Thread

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

cascade88
Historical Society Historian

Post by cascade88 »

I only had a couple glitches on the PS2. Twice, after doing a psychology quiz thing with Dr. K, when I pulled back, it glitch-skipped over him saying "Are you done/Is that right", to me having to just press yes or not. Near the end, when he said the word 'sex', it messed up kind of. That was about all I noticed.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

I've just gotten the black screen after Harry and Cheryl hug each other in the Lost Love ending, I loaded again and the ending played without problems.. I didn't have more glitches in my first playtrhough... I'm in my secnd run and I haven't find any glitch... I have the PSP version...
Touch Coma
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Touch Coma »

Once ALL my photos just vanished. That was the only glitch I've had while playing so far.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Nvixurx.jpg?1[/IMG]
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

I experienced one last night. Harry got a phone call from Michelle in the mall, and after he answered it, I accidentally pressed the hang up button (aka 'O') and for some reason after that, I couldn't hear Harry reply whatsoever during the convo, only what Michelle was saying. After that though, things went back to normal.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

AuraTwilight wrote:The only glitch I've ever experienced is in the school, with the photo collecting puzzle. If you get a photo and come back to the room, you can watch one of the three statues shatter. However, if you get multiple photos and come back, it only sends one of the messages and only statters one of the statues, but it will let you exit through the door anyway if you got all three.
When I played, I took one photo and returned to the room. Then I took the other two photos and returned. Both of the remaining statues shattered, and I received all of the messages, but only one of those last two messages played. I had to manually find the third on the phone.
Eric-3
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Eric-3 »

TMALIVE wrote:One glitch I had was with Lisa, as we're walking to her apartment. It seems the last bit of her conversation would just suddenly stop while she was in the middle of a sentence.
I didn't get that myself (I played on the PS2, if that makes any difference), but I read about someone else getting that. They guessed that maybe the developers didn't time this section right, and the dialogue turned out to be longer than the walk. Unless you were just too far away from her. There was one time that I was too far away from her and she didn't say anything.

I didn't get too many glitches. I had a few instances where sound wasn't playing when it should (like the static didn't go off when you're walking into the theater screen room). There was also one time where the game was still loading during a cutscene, and it caused a hiccup/delay in the dialogue.

Oh yeah, and sometimes I have trouble getting Harry's comments to activate when trying to examine things.

And this isn't my video, but it was pretty weird.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpUm8rm0JLk
Disfigurator
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Disfigurator »

I experienced some glitches too (1st playthrough, PS2):

- lagging door animation;
- missing audio in some cutscenes (first part of the Lost Love ending rendered out to be useless due this glitch. Damn you, anal Climax);
- fast-forward effect (no audio, no subtitles, just the rush) in the 1st part of the Lost Love ending;
- water, that won't fill the car unless the flashlight is picked up;
- misplaced and misleading static noise.

The only one that I was mad about was that of the missing audio. So, no, Climax can not do a good Silent Hill game. Some minor and major bugs/glitches just ruin the experience.
True
Just Passing Through

Post by True »

When Harry crashes his car into the lake, the game didn't FREEZE, but it just had the car filled up halfway with water and stayed like that, not filling up any more or doing the other stuff that was supposed to happen. I was sitting there for a good long 30 minutes AT LEAST, I reset my Wii and the game worked fine.

EDIT: I believe I picked up my flashlight but it was still not filling up. =/
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Post by ashatteredmemory »

i never had any glitch through any of my playthroughs.
Although the water effects sometimes disappears and reappears (but not in car scene and swimming)
before entering the sewers, it snows under the roof of the sewers, but it is only one "stripe" where it snows.
Also colors load slow sometimes when going through a door ( e.g. wall showing vertical stripes of RGB colors)
And ofcourse the running through doors before actually opening them :P
but i think these should be considered bugs, and not glitches
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
Disfigurator
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Disfigurator »

Finished the game for second time, but without continuity - so, this second time was as the first time. Cut-scene didn't broke this time - probably due to different ending, but here is another problems with game:

+ Framereate issues - even down to some slideshow effects of ~5 frames per second, when moving flashlight around close to detailed objects;
+ Texture loading artefacts - shows up some stripes, triangles, zig-zags and some irregular forms of darkness and holes, when loading textures and backgrounds. Happens very often.

And I dont know if that's glitch or whatever, but directors PC asked all kinds of Sports questions, but I haven't added any Sports in the perfect schoolday. I hate professional sports, so that annoyed me a little bit :D
Siaye
Just Passing Through

Post by Siaye »

On my 2nd playthrough. I was walking through the mall (after the toy store), and I was on my way to the echo in the corner, when Michelle called my phone. I decided to go for the echo first and Michelle later, so I hit the minus button. Then the Wii pointer went away. I couldn't open any doors, couldn't look at my phone, and couldn't look up or down. I had to restart.
Komov
Just Passing Through

Post by Komov »

These are the glitches I experienced so far (PS2 version):
-During one of the Nightmare sequences, everything turned blueish, and it was hard to make out anything. Yet, somehow I finished it successfully, and then the colours went back to normal.
-When I reached the Mall, it didn't turn red on the GPS map, as it should as an area that is now accessible.
[i]"It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others."
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."[/i]
Eric-3
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: List of In-Game Glitches

Post by Eric-3 »

I was playing this again a while ago and now I'm wondering, has anyone else actually experienced the same bugs I mentioned? I'm wondering if it's a common bug or something wrong with my copy.

-When your flashlight starts blinking, static should be heard. Sometimes I don't hear any static though.
-There was one instance where dialogue lagged mid-sentence. Harry was supposed to say "Where's Michelle?", but it came out more like "Where's Miche---elle?"

Have either of those happened to anyone else? I have the PS2 version.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Re: Game Glitches & Bugs Thread

Post by leftshoe18 »

When I played through again last night (Wii version) there was quite a bit of slowdown during the Otherworld School but I think that's just my copy getting some wear-and-tear as my video games tend to get.
AdamMosh
Just Passing Through

Post by AdamMosh »

just finished SM and the quality of the game is too low just see the graphics, the mocap, the facial animation and the glitches, SM reminds me Homecoming two flaws in the series.
death is in my blood
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

AdamMosh wrote:just finished SM and the quality of the game is too low just see the graphics, the mocap, the facial animation and the glitches, SM reminds me Homecoming two flaws in the series.
How does that have to do with glitches or bugs besides that tiny mention of what has already been mentioned? (Though I think the facial animations are some of the best in the series)
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Because he's bitching in absolutely ever SM thread about how much he hates this game.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

AuraTwilight wrote:Because he's bitching in absolutely ever SM thread about how much he hates this game.
I know. I'm just hoping he'll somehow see some reason or at least elaborate.
tekkie
Just Passing Through

Post by tekkie »

I'm drilling out a speedrun to this game and that means tons of testing. I've managed to get the black hole of death in the first final ice maze a few times, and I've also found a weird interesting levitation glitch (unfortunately, it isn't useful right now, since moving at all disrupts it).

If anyone has anything new, let me know :) I'm also looking for skips and such; car rides, psych sequences, and Michele/Lisa walk sequences are so long :<
messagetyper
Just Passing Through

Post by messagetyper »

didnt see any glitches at all in the PSP ver.,except theres a cutscene in the bar which freezes for me and i cant fix it even if i restart.but i think thats just because im playing an ISO ver.