Psyche Profile Experiences (Spoilers)

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Terminus
Gravedigger

Psyche Profile Experiences (Spoilers)

Post by Terminus »

This thread is to discuss the nuances of our individual experiences with the game due to the psyche profile. Normally this kind of thing would wait until more people have completed the game, but I figure that since there are some lucky people who were able to get the game early and complete it, we can start this thread early too.

We can start the discussion with the obvious stuff, like the appearances of our raw shocks, characters, and the locations we are able to enter. Through that discussion the more subtle differences may get noticed; the ones that we otherwise wouldn't notice were affected by the psyche profile. Obviously people who are completing second+ runs will notice even more things, and they can contribute further. Screencaptures/etc. would be cool to have from people who can take them, so that we can see the differences in our play-throughs more precisely. Those who are willing to spoil themselves in this thread before they play the game for themselves could take advantage of information here to help look for and notice nuances in their experiences that they wouldn't otherwise be able to notice/know to look for until subsequent play-throughs.

This would also be a great place to brainstorm about how and why the differences in our experiences may have been induced by our behaviors and the psyche profile. I think this is the most interesting bit about Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, so let's discuss! Use spoiler tags where appropriate, just in case.

**Edit - First playthrough completed.**

Cybil - She was very professional. She wore a black police uniform and cap, and was tough at the first meeting, but after that turned out to be reasonably caring and concerned.

Homeowners - They suggested that their daughter may have been making prank phonecalls. Harry knocked on the door normally, and mostly acted bewildered until the end of the scene.

Michelle - She wore a pink prom-dress. I think she had a more conservative hairstyle, but I don't remember what it was. It might have been a bun. Her boyfriend was a lawyer, and he seemed nice. They broke up fairly quietly.

Dahlia - She wore a purple and black outfit with ripped stockings. She had dark hair with redish highlighting. She was fiddling with something that I couldn't see very well at the first meeting. She gave Harry a bottle of wine at their last meeting, which he wouldn't drink.

Lisa - She crashed an ambulance, wore pink scrubs, and wouldn't complain at all. I don't remember what she changed into very well, but I think it was a brown sweater and jeans. She asked for a yellow pill. She was perfectly calm until
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
her death.
Raw Shocks - The ones in my playthrough were all over the place by the end. Some were extremely abstract with blocky heads and segmented bodies, some were emaciated and digit-less with forked heads, others looked like they had bits of them scooped out with a melon-baller with dented heads, and some didn't have any noticeable changes from their basic forms at all. Most of them had holes in their chests.

Harry - He woke up at
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Alchemilla
in a long winter coat. He eventually ended up in a brownish-orange Hawaiian shirt. He was helpful and kind to just about everyone he met.

Ending - I got "Love Lost" for my first playthrough. My final psyche evaluation was about 90% accurate. In his final report Dr. Kaufman said that I was clean and tidy, and that I took pride in helping people. He said that I am not completely predisposed to clean-living, which I don't think is that accurate. He also said that I am probably lousy in bed, which I wouldn't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be true.

I saw a stuffed bear in the corner at the cabin.

I chose to enter the video store, and ended up going to the cafe, a toy store, and a salon. I chose to enter the astronomy room in the high school. I don't remember if there were other places that I might have had a choice to enter.

What I picked on my form:

I make friends easily - No
Having a drink helps me relax - No
Sticking to a plan or schedule is best - Yes
I have enjoyed role-play during sex - No
I always listen to other people's feelings - No
I prefer abstract ideas - Yes

I think that's all of them.

I don't remember some of the other questions Dr. Kaufman asked that well, but I remember that I said the prince was most guilty, and that I said no to all of the questions but the one about being a virgin in high school. I said that it takes people a while to get to know me, and that I would rather spend time with family than with friends.
Last edited by Terminus on 14 Dec 2009, edited 7 times in total.
WolfSiberia
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by WolfSiberia »

Raw Shocks: "Erotic Nightmare"
Cybil: "Sexy and Nice"
Dahlia: "Blonde Haired Hot Mess"
Michelle: "Pink Prom Queen"
Lisa: "Cry cry cry cry I WASN'T SUPOSED TO BE HERE!!!"

....That about sums it up...

I didn't notice any different locations. I've been through 3 times, and theres either the video store, or the dress shop.
November 30, 2009 - R.I.P. Akira Yamaoka's career. Goodnight Sweet Prince.
[spoiler]Its mentioned in the play novel that Heather's birthday is April 20th...
Which is my birthday, weed day, and Hitler's birthday.[/spoiler]
DrainDeimos
Just Passing Through

Post by DrainDeimos »

Raw Shocks- Looked like the cubist painting with tits.

Cybil: Mean with cleavage.

Dahlia: Blond.

Michelle: Plain clothes and hair.

Lisa: Cries and has a head wound.

I got the video store on my first one and I didn't see the bear corpse.
Wolfang_02
Just Passing Through

Post by Wolfang_02 »

So, is Lisa like the only one who doesn't change?
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

Raw Shocks-Skinny Ones
Cybil: Average and Nice
Michelle: Pink Dress
Lisa: Cries and has a Head Wound

I went through a garage in a house when I first encountered the raw shocks, not clear water. I went through the thrift shop
WolfSiberia
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by WolfSiberia »

simeonalo wrote:Raw Shocks-Skinny Ones

I went through a garage in a house when I first encountered the raw shocks, not clear water. I went through the thrift shop
Wait... wha? I thought you meet them after Cybil / Weirdo at bar?
And what about Dahlia?

and Lisa ALWAYS has a head wound.
November 30, 2009 - R.I.P. Akira Yamaoka's career. Goodnight Sweet Prince.
[spoiler]Its mentioned in the play novel that Heather's birthday is April 20th...
Which is my birthday, weed day, and Hitler's birthday.[/spoiler]
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

WolfSiberia wrote:
simeonalo wrote:Raw Shocks-Skinny Ones

Wait... wha? I thought you meet them after Cybil / Weirdo at bar?
And what about Dahlia?

and Lisa ALWAYS has a head wound.
Cybil was average and nice, Michelle was pink, Lisa has a head wound (of course), I went through the thrift shop instead of the video store, and I encountered the raw shocks in this garage thingy/house

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIbqW5QH1Lw
emFox
Just Passing Through

Post by emFox »

Cybil: brown haired and nice.

Home owners: confused, Harry didn't pound on their door.

Michelle: nice, short hair, plain dress.

Dahlia: brown-haired punk girl, kinda trashy.

Raw Shocks: they looked very cubist, I don't remember them having feminine features.
LightningRapier
Just Passing Through

Post by LightningRapier »

Cybil: Blonde and bizarrely alternatively completely mean and then completely nice every time I met her (WTF)
Homeowners: Confused, blamed it on their daughter, Harry got VERY upset and pounded on the door
Michelle: Nice, hair up and pink prom-type dress with WAAAAAY too much makeup
Dahlia: Brown-haired punk girl, extremely trashy
Raw Shocks: Weird multi-pointed heads, very piecey body (looked like they had tons of ribs sticking out?)
Lisa: Pink scrubs, cried a ton.
Silent One
Gravedigger

Post by Silent One »

Cybil: Blonde hair with open shirt. I got hard ass Cybil through most of the adventure except in the cop car and the light house.

Homeowners: Can't remember if harry pounded on the door. Yelled at the owners, but they reacted somewhat nice and blamed their daughter.

Michelle: Always nice, pink dress with tiara, short hair. I believe regular amount of make-up, but even that can be too much for me sometimes.

Dahlia: brown hair with punk clothes. Really wasn't fond of her, but the game forced me into it.

Lisa: Can't remember scrub color. She wore the gray jacket when she changed because I went into the video store, not the clothes one.

Raw Shocks: Sadly very feminine. (I wasn't expecting my honest play through to end up so sexualized. :? ) but they also seemed slightly burned or disfigured in some way. I can see how the sex things might have come about, but the other features I'm not sure about. Oh and they had lips on the top of their heads...... :shock:
Ioncannon
Just Passing Through

Post by Ioncannon »

Cybil - Winter coat nice Cybil
Homeowners - Nice, and insisted Harry was confused, didn't pound on door.
Michelle - Wore pink prom dress
Dahlia - Punk girl slut
Lisa - First wore pink nurse uniform with head wound, then changed to greyish blackish sweater.
Raw Shocks - Had both cubed ones with missing parts and normal skinny ones.
Koshercrackers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Koshercrackers »

Is it just me, or is Harry extremely paranoid about cops in your games too?
Apocali
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Apocali »

Rawshocks: Huge chunks missing from the body with revealed entrails and horn-like protusions on ther heads
Cybil: Professional, Nice Cybil
Married Couple: Blamed thier daughter for crank calling, Harry got angry
Dahlia: Punkish Dahlia, the one with the blue outfit
Michelle: Ball Gown
Lisa: Pink Scrubs, don't remember casual clothes, cynical, got in amublance crash
Locations: Bar instead of Diner (Got this despite not showing signs of liking alchohol) , Video Store
Ending: Love Lost
Last edited by Apocali on 10 Dec 2009, edited 2 times in total.
PrescitedEntity
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by PrescitedEntity »

Raw Shocks: Sexualized, strangely enough. Maybe the game somehow picked up my aversion to anything sexual and decided to play that up to mess with me?
Cybil: Brown-haired, nice.
Married couple: Nice. No door pounding.
Dahlia: Brown-haired punk (seems to be the norm).
Michelle: Plain clothes and hair.
Lisa: Don't remember clothes, crying.
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j304/PrescitedEntity/sigLinger.jpg[/img]
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Harry: drunk harry (letterman jacket)
Cybil: sexy, mean cybil
Dahlia: brown hair
Michelle: red dress
Lisa: crying, car crash lisa (gray jacket after changing clothes)...do the scrubs ever change colors? if so, i had pink scrubs
Married couple: mean
_Drake_
Hope House Careworker

Post by _Drake_ »

Harry: Nice, caring, Winter Coat with Pink Sweater
Cybil: Sexy and Mean, but eventually nice
Dahlia: Reddi-sh tinted black hair, blue colored outfit, used a knife in the bar
Michelle: Pink prom dress, hair in a bun, nice
Lisa: Pink scrubs, changed into clothing that made her look like mary jane from Spider man, crying but nice.
Couple: Confused.

~Drake

"Oh it get's to me alright" - Vincent
My Silent Hill Fanfic, Silent Hill: Spiritual Dissonance
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

Being the classy guy that I am, I went for options that I thought would result in more T&A and I think I mostly succeeded. Slutty Dalia, Clevage Cybil, lots of nude neon signs, mannequins, and the like. Assuming the ending refers to the scene after the Amusement Park? Meh... I got Harry telling his daughter to get him a beer.
:(
AgentNein
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: Psyche Profile Experiences (Spoilers)

Post by AgentNein »

I won't go into the real changes to the game, but I will say that my profile given by Doc K at the end of the game was....eerily correct. Both the negatives and the positives, 95% fit me to a tee, it was sort of neat actually (as I had heard of this before but was sceptical).

I'd actually venture to say that the ending psych profile gave me abit of new insight into myself as a person.
Justice has a name, and the name it has, besides justice, is Captain Hammer!
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

the ending profile described me pretty great too
except it said i was lousy in bed lol :D
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

My ending profile was mostly right, but it said I'm clean and tidy, and lousy in bed. T.T

I got Law and Order!Cybil who was nice.

Harry was kind and caring, with the pink sweater.

Dahlia had brown-red hair, the purple outfit.

Michelle had the prom dress and her hair in a bun.

Lisa had pink scrubs; I think she put on a zip-up sweater. She died when Harry got there.

The couple called the police on Harry for yelling at them.