Shattered Memories Soundtrack listing.

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Drainage64
My Bestsellers Clerk

Shattered Memories Soundtrack listing.

Post by Drainage64 »

It would seem that the picture in Tomm's latest blog post reveals the track listing for Shattered Memories.

http://www.konami.com/shsm/?p=299

And on a side note, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates it on here :)
-=Let's Positive thinking=-
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

I actually posted a topic like this yesterday with all the youtube links to the actual music, but they got removed. I guess im not allowed to post music links :\ you can find them on youtube, I won't give any links though.
Endri
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Endri »

For information purposes, the track list of the OST is the following:

1. Always on my Mind (feat. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn) 05:09
2. When You're Gone (feat. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn) 03:11
3. Searching the Past 02:31
4. Childish Thoughts 01:32
5. Creeping Distress 02:15
6. Hostility 01:55
7. Snow Driven 02:30
8. Hibernation 02:18
9. Devil's Laughter 01:52
10. Lost Truth 02:48
11. Angel's Scream 02:40
12. Another Warm Body 01:52
13. Forsaken Lullaby 01:52
14. Raw Shock 01:43
15. Lives Wasted Away 02:03
16. Blackest Friday 01:46
17. Endless Depths 01:30
18. Different Persons 02:30
19. Ice 03:00
20. Acceptance (feat. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn) 04:04
21. Hell Frozen Rain (feat. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn) 05:40
http://endri.webs.com
[spoiler]Harry's name isn't Harry. Harry is just a nickname. His name is Harrold.
James' actual occupation is clerk.
Heather smoked until the age of 17.
EDIT - INFLAMATORY - T.
Travis is virgin.
Alex's a uninteresting character.

The bushes in the original SMB are also the clouds.

artic[b]UNO[/b], zap[b]DOS[/b], mol[b]TRES[/b][/spoiler]
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Post by ashatteredmemory »

The titles look simpler somehow again, or is it just me?
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Nice one, it's online to download if anyone was wondering (please don't ask for links etc.).
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Post by ashatteredmemory »

Has anyone listened to Angel's Scream yet? (Look it up on Youtube)
This sounds like some kind of boss theme, but it is also a never seen combination (at least in my eyes). It's a strange but great combination of "classic music" and the al known sound music.

EDIT: More of the soundtrack in the 2nd half is more classic
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
Jecht
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Jecht »

I can't wait to get the soundtrack. I was listening to the music on youtube and I can see them being good to fall asleep to.
Lucita
Just Passing Through

Post by Lucita »

Oh my God, I SO want this!!!! :roll:
"Ignore the voice, it'll go away!"
=====================
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

I know what you mean about Angel's Scream, it's pretty interesting. Anyone else notice how Different Persons seems to be a remix of Meltdown also? Kinda random but cool.

Overall first impressions of the album; it's good but not too many tracks stand out and it features a couple of the terrible j-rock songs that have always pervaded the series soundtracks.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Silent_gig
Just Passing Through

Post by Silent_gig »

I thought this was the worst soundtrack out of the new westernised Silent Hills
I still think silent hill origins was the best western OST.

(Yes, i have to constantly define the US and japanese era's of the silent hill franchise)
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Silent_gig wrote:I thought this was the worst soundtrack out of the new westernised Silent Hills
I still think silent hill origins was the best western OST.

(Yes, i have to constantly define the US and japanese era's of the silent hill franchise)
Everybody should stop comparing the different people who ever developed a Silent Hill game. 'Cause guess what? Team Silent doesn't exist anymore. There will probably never be another Silent Hill developed in Japan or whatever. So the whole "stupid" (as some of us call them) western developers are all we have.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

I really have to wonder why he included the tracklisting in that blog post; it had nothing to do with anything. It kind of makes me wonder if he leaked it himself. xD

I see no reason to define the "eras" of the OSTs, at least; they're all by Yamaoka.
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

I have to agree, SH:O is still the best soundtrack of the last three games although I probably like this one more than SH:H but as I said, I've only listened to it once so far.
Drainage64
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Drainage64 »

simeonalo wrote:I actually posted a topic like this yesterday with all the youtube links to the actual music, but they got removed. I guess im not allowed to post music links :\ you can find them on youtube, I won't give any links though.
Well sorry then. I actually looked over the whole Shattered Memories board on here to see if a topic like this was already posted so I must have missed it. Did it have a unclear name or was it even in the shattered memories section?

Wonder how youtubers get the soundtrack anyway..Or is it another fake soundtrack?

*EDIT*
Numb Body01 wrote:I have to agree, SH:O is still the best soundtrack of the last three games although I probably like this one more than SH:H but as I said, I've only listened to it once so far.
Ya the soundtrack for that game was pretty good. The opening song (O.R.T.) Is tied for my favorite silent hill song (Tied with Theme of Laura) A simply beautiful song that chills me to the bone.

Although I'm starting to like this Always On my mind song. I'm gonna have to hear the whole thing first though.
Stray
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Stray »

Numb Body01 wrote: Overall first impressions of the album; it's good but not too many tracks stand out and it features a couple of the terrible j-rock songs that have always pervaded the series soundtracks.
Terrible J-rock songs? What do you mean by that?
"I don't know my name. I don't know if I can make it
I don't feel the same
My brain is dead and I cannot wake it
I don't wanna run. I don't have a place to run to
I don't see the sun
I don't understand what I must do"
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Drainage64 wrote:
simeonalo wrote:I actually posted a topic like this yesterday with all the youtube links to the actual music, but they got removed. I guess im not allowed to post music links :\ you can find them on youtube, I won't give any links though.
Well sorry then. I actually looked over the whole Shattered Memories board on here to see if a topic like this was already posted so I must have missed it. Did it have a unclear name or was it even in the shattered memories section?

Wonder how youtubers get the soundtrack anyway..Or is it another fake soundtrack?
Nope, it's the actual soundtrack. Again, it makes me wonder if Hulett was the one who leaked it himself. xD
Drainage64 wrote: *EDIT*
Numb Body01 wrote:I have to agree, SH:O is still the best soundtrack of the last three games although I probably like this one more than SH:H but as I said, I've only listened to it once so far.
Ya the soundtrack for that game was pretty good. The opening song (O.R.T.) Is tied for my favorite silent hill song (Tied with Theme of Laura) A simply beautiful song that chills me to the bone.

Although I'm starting to like this Always On my mind song. I'm gonna have to hear the whole thing first though.
How funny... I personally really dislike O.R.T. I find the vocals too sparse.
Suiko
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Suiko »

I miss freaky off note, reverb stuff that the first game had in its music so often, I really hope the in game tracks in this game bring that back.
Oh, it should've been, could've been worse than you would ever know.
Well, you told me about nowhere well it sounds like someplace I'd like to go.
Drainage64
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Drainage64 »

Numb Body01 wrote: and it features a couple of the terrible j-rock songs that have always pervaded the series soundtracks.
Terrible? I liked a bunch of those..Like "Your not here" from Sh3. Not exactly scary or anything but I love it as a song in it's own right.

But each to his own :)
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Songs like Theme of Laura (although I love the piano version), Angels Thanatos, Cradel of Forest, Shot Down in Flames, Hole in the Sky, One More Soul to The Call, Alex Theme etc. New offenders are When You're Gone and Hell Frozen Rain.

I basically don't like the OTT guitar based songs and the way too literal and cheesy lyrics. I don't really like Mary Elizabeth McGlynn's voice although I think it works for a few of the lyrical tracks. I'm more into the slow, trip-hop instrumental tracks tbh.

Edit: I like You're Not Here.
Suiko
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Suiko »

I like Theme of Laura a lot, but that's more because I'm a guitar player and it's a great song to play. *shrug*
Oh, it should've been, could've been worse than you would ever know.
Well, you told me about nowhere well it sounds like someplace I'd like to go.