This game isn't a remake etc, let's clear this up.

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Re: This game isn't a remake etc, let's clear this up.

Post by KiramidHead »

^Your cake is a lie, don't try to deny it. :lol:

Anywho, I think Cheryl has quite a few problems, they may stem from Harry's death, but they also have to be dealt with on their own.
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

SilentWren wrote:It's not my fault you have a problem with someone disagreeing with you.
Sounds to me like the only one having this problem is you. You keep going on about how the memos in SM didn't have anything to do with the plot. They did. They were all about Cheryl's life and her problems, a good deal of which were caused by Harry's death. But you refuse to acknowledge us pointing this out to you, and instead you start going off on comparisons to SH2 that really don't make much of any sense.

If this is nothing more than a simple difference of opinions for you then why are you getting so worked up and then telling US to relax?
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

Ok, then. I'll stop. We don't see eye to eye.
Everyone carry on without me. I'm done for this thread.

It's very nice that you all have such a love of this game. It apparently had a lot of thought put into it. Maybe I'll be able to appreciate it one day, too.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Miette
Just Passing Through

Post by Miette »

I think it's just because before the game was released, and to keep from spoiling the twist at the end of the game, Konami presented it as a remake, and a lot of people - even people that already beat it - don't pay attention to crap and still think it's a remake.

SM is anything but a remake.
If the children don't grow up, our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up.
NanayaShiki

Post by NanayaShiki »

Miette wrote:I think it's just because before the game was released, and to keep from spoiling the twist at the end of the game, Konami presented it as a remake, and a lot of people - even people that already beat it - don't pay attention to crap and still think it's a remake.

SM is anything but a remake.
No, they didn't. They said it was a "reimagining". Which it is.
Miette
Just Passing Through

Post by Miette »

I don't think it is. If it were a reimagining, wouldn't it have to follow the plot of the first game at least a little? Aside from Harry looking for his daughter, it doesn't follow the plot whatsoever. Kind of like saying Silent Hill 2 is a reimagining of 1 just because some guy is looking for someone.
If the children don't grow up, our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Miette wrote:I don't think it is. If it were a reimagining, wouldn't it have to follow the plot of the first game at least a little? Aside from Harry looking for his daughter, it doesn't follow the plot whatsoever. Kind of like saying Silent Hill 2 is a reimagining of 1 just because some guy is looking for someone.
First: they took the same /basic/ plot, Harry looking for his daughter, and reimagined where it would go from there.

Second: See this page for comparisons to the original game. It actually really follows it.
SHF

Post by SHF »

SilentWren wrote:Ok, then. I'll stop. We don't see eye to eye.
Everyone carry on without me. I'm done for this thread.

It's very nice that you all have such a love of this game. It apparently had a lot of thought put into it. Maybe I'll be able to appreciate it one day, too.
The actual director ( or producer) of the game said its a reimagining. So therefore it makes it fact.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Miette wrote:I don't think it is. If it were a reimagining, wouldn't it have to follow the plot of the first game at least a little? Aside from Harry looking for his daughter, it doesn't follow the plot whatsoever. Kind of like saying Silent Hill 2 is a reimagining of 1 just because some guy is looking for someone.
If it were a REMAKE then it would follow the same plot as the original. Since it's a RE-IMAGINING it can take the basic plot and rework it to suit their needs.