Origins is the best Silent Hill game ever made

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Origins is the best Silent Hill game ever made

Post by snakesonaplane »

So I just got Origins for my PlayStation Portable and OMG BBQ was I blown away. The graphics are easily the best in the series and the GAMEPLAY! OH don't get me started on that shit! It was like nirvana! And that lead character! OH yeah talk about a REAL MAN IN THE GAME! All the other guys were like girly men. Always worried about something or someone. But this man OH BOY! He was a TRUCKER! A real burly man! I would love it to death if he ran through my silent hills :?

Sorry to be blunt but throughout my Silent Hill experience I have always wanted a real man in the game. Thank you Climax Studios for making this game a real Silent Hill game with a REAL MAN! Your name is the truth!

The story is also amazing! The twists, the turns, the climaxes, and the suspense of it all! It is way to much for this Silent Hill fan to take in. I recommend this game for GOTY 2007-2xxx!

Who agrees with me on all the above statements? I just wish that there could be a Silent Hill Origins 2.

I might make a petition.
Bishop Sasarai
Historical Society Historian

Post by Bishop Sasarai »

Petitions never work.

...So, I gotta ask: Would you say that Travis is a real man?
"In relation to [animals], all people are Nazis; for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka." - Isaac Bashevis Singer
--
Proud member of the Asiatic hordes. SEANZ.
snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Post by snakesonaplane »

They do kinda. There was this game that wasn't coming to the gamecube I think Mortal Kombat and someone wrote a petition and it came over. IDK how or the name of the game but someone told me when I told them a petition to get Soul Calibur IV on the Wii would not work.

Anyways to answer your other question Travis is a REAL MAN because he is a TRUCKER honey. What is more manlier then a trucker? Also he has chest hair which is a sign of man hood. We all know that Henry has no hair on his body expect for his head.

I mean just look at this picture!

http://pspmedia.gamespy.com/psp/image/a ... 20-000.jpg

He can use any weapons and was one hell of a combat fighter. Better then any of the other Silent Hill men (and Alicia from SH3)

Do not tell me that as a male yourself that you do not envy this spectacular form of a man.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

. . . Alicia?
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Post by snakesonaplane »

MMY wrote:. . . Alicia?
Maybe I am getting the name wrong. But I am 98.7% positive I am right.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

You mean the main character Heather? :|
Or are you referring to Alessa?
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
Whitney
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Whitney »

snakesonaplane wrote:
MMY wrote:. . . Alicia?
Maybe I am getting the name wrong. But I am 98.7% positive I am right.
There's never been a character named Alicia in Silent Hill? The main female players in Silent Hill 3 are:

Heather
Claudia
with a camoes by
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Lisa and Alessa
Haha I wouldn't call Travis a "real man" compared to the other protagonists but I did like how he could fight with his fists. I ended up doing that a lot because the breakable weapons annoyed me!
My Websites!
Image Image Image
snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Post by snakesonaplane »

OH yeah I was thinking of Claudia.

Also COME ON! Show me a better real man than Travis in the Silent Hill games! The rest of them are all GIRLY MEN! I mean for real Final Fantasy men are more manlier then they are.
Please view my Silent Hill 2 AMV!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSh0RdDCLQ4

angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

:shock:
Well this is akward.
I don't know what to say. There are like a ton of topics on people saying how much they like Origins.

Anyways, it's a super game!
It's like my number 3 favorite. :mrgreen:
I agree that Travis is really manly over the other characters too.
Whitney
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Whitney »

I wouldn't call any of the protagonists girly men... I mean it takes some strength to take down monsters with only a plank of wood with a nail or a pipe! If you like Travis I bet you would really like Alex from Silent Hill Homecoming. He didn't mess around and I think could take Travis in a fight. In the game he smashed doors open, dodged monster attacks, had some fancy rolling abilities and was pretty badass with a knife!
My Websites!
Image Image Image
snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Post by snakesonaplane »

THANK YOU for agreeing with me!

snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Post by snakesonaplane »

Whitney wrote:I wouldn't call any of the protagonists girly men... I mean it takes some strength to take down monsters with only a plank of wood with a nail or a pipe! If you like Travis I bet you would really like Alex from Silent Hill Homecoming. He didn't mess around and I think could take Travis in a fight. In the game he smashed doors open, dodged monster attacks, had some fancy rolling abilities and was pretty badass with a knife!
I have never played Homecoming but isn't it made by the same team that did Origins?

Nonetheless this guy sounds like my kind of man!
Whitney
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Whitney »

Nope Homecoming was made by Double Helix Games while Origins was made by Climax Studios. I also think you would really love Homecoming because:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
your favorite trucker makes a cameo

My Websites!
Image Image Image
snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Post by snakesonaplane »

ZOMG!!!!!!!!

I AM GOING RIGHT NOW TO THE STORE TO PICK THIS BAD PUPPY UP!

THANK YOU WHITNEY!

Whitney
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Whitney »

snakesonaplane wrote:ZOMG!!!!!!!!

I AM GOING RIGHT NOW TO THE STORE TO PICK THIS BAD PUPPY UP!

THANK YOU WHITNEY!
LOL well I should warn you he doesn't have that big of a part! But I think you would really like the game play. Silent Hill Homecoming is on the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. Please let me know what you think of it!
My Websites!
Image Image Image
snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Post by snakesonaplane »

OH... well I think it will still be good.

Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

Because having emotions is absolutely girly. :roll:
I liked this game, too, don't get me wrong, but it's certainly not my favorite, despite being the first SH game I ever played.
GrievousGarland

Post by GrievousGarland »

Ugh...

Travis is corn-fed hillbilly trucker with no class. Plus, he's boring with no depth other than his memory issues which we covered more thoroughly with James *waves at James*.

This talk of real men is disgusting. It's not like you would know anyway TC considering real men are out there rubbing their gross looking chest hair and chopping down trees or driving large vehicles down expansive highways rather than playing artistic survival horror video games with music by effeminate, bishi, Japanese songwriters (I <3 you Akira).

EDIT: and I wish I knew whether the TC was a guy or a girl. He makes a reference to Travis roaming his or her "silent hills" and that sort of sexual reference is genderless to me.
Last edited by GrievousGarland on 11 Jun 2009, edited 1 time in total.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

This thread is arguably one of the most ridiculous I've seen remain open, worse even than all of Pyramid Head Theorist's from years ago.

What happened, moderators?
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Post by snakesonaplane »

MMY wrote:This thread is arguably one of the most ridiculous I've seen remain open, worse even than all of Pyramid Head Theorist's from years ago.

What happened, moderators?
i apologize that you do not agree with me, but it's just my opinion. Can't I talk playfully about anything? It is not meant to offend you...