No glitches in the PAL PS2 version.

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Numb Body01
Historical Society Historian

Post by Numb Body01 »

It was a UK part of Climax that made Origins, not the US.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

And there were some glitches on the first four games.
Disfigurator
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Disfigurator »

simeonalo wrote:And there were some glitches on the first four games.
Haven't found one - except the very minor one in SH4 - camera got out of space, but then returned into the room. Actualy it was fun and I wanted to repeat that glitch, but I could not. So, that's not affecting anything nor in a good, nor bad way. And if there is some glitches in other parts, - then they are buried way down under the surface and can be barely seen. At least on PAL regions, because I can not recal any more.
Numb Body01 wrote:It was a UK part of Climax that made Origins, not the US.
If that's so, then this may be my bad and I should forward that ranting towards UK!? Well, not quite - this case of mentioning the country of origins wasn't a form of USphobia from me - so, the developer is sucking hard, not his country :)
Mace63
Just Passing Through

Post by Mace63 »

I have the PAL PS2 version and I only had once the inventory glitch (the one where the screen is white and stuff), and in the cutscene when Travis stabs The Butcher (the knife is not in Travis' hands but floats beside him).
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

I'm not really bothered about your motives, was just letting you know you were wrong.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Disfigurator
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Disfigurator »

Ok, thanks :)
Light Alessa
Just Passing Through

Post by Light Alessa »

Never had ANY glitches in the PSP or the PS2 version, ever.
[quote] I love the Silent Hill Series. The Games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I Believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill 8 can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their Series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.[/quote]

Put this In Your Sig If you agree :)
harisnikolop
Just Passing Through

Re: No glitches in the PAL PS2 version.

Post by harisnikolop »

The only glitch i ve encountered are when the game freezes in the final parts of the game,when i try to shoot enemies in the alternate streets.

But today i ve encountered a new one.When i try to melee an enemy the screen freezes for 2 seconds.I can hear Travis hitting the enemy with multiple hits but the screen is frozen.The screen unfreezes when the enemy is down and Travis makes a finishing move.Strange.
Badass Cyborg
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Badass Cyborg »

I own a PAL copy of the game and I've experienced the infamous "inventory screen glitch" (disappearing items, mixed-up photographs, etc.) a number of times, as well as a few camera glitches here and there.

The whole "skip half of Artaud Theater" glitch remains unfixed too.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

I bought this game twice on PS2. I was really damn excited to play it on PS2 too. I fell in love with Origins and really wanted to show my friends on a big screen. I heard a lot about the glitches but I was hoping they'd at least be bearable.

The first copy was so glitchy I thought maybe, just goddamn maybe it was just the one copy. I figured (silly me!) that they'd have released the port with a minor amount of glitches.

Of course, in both copies, the music/ambiance doesn't loop. I'd be at the alternate motel (if you've played it, you know how crazy the music gets) and it'd play once and all I'd hear is dripping water and such.

Honestly, this port was the most insulting game I've ever bought (twice sadly). One of the most important aspects of an SH game and they couldn't get it to work right? C'mon!
Keiko
Just Passing Through

Post by Keiko »

I don't know why but I've never experienced any glitches while playing PS2's PAL version. I finished it twice so far...for the first time examining everything and speedrunning for the second time. No glitches.
Sorry for my bad english...