Are Silent Hill monsters people? (and a complaint)

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Maybe Vincent doesn't see them as monsters himself. Remember that many people's own perception of the world around them in Silent Hill is different than the others. Perhaps since he is there voluntarily, he sees the "monsters" as different, and not the disturbed creatures that Heather did. Or, he could just simply truly be fascinated by some of the disgusting things that are going on in Silent Hill.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

there's a baseball cap on the ground near the front entrence of the butcher shop second time, right along the trail of blood that you follow. It's hard to see, but when you pick it up, on the top part of the rim, it says HELP ME or something like that.
Wow, talk about missing that completely! Lol. I thought I've searched every inch of that town.

Hmm, if we are talking about in Silent Hill 3... Wouldn't it be that Heather sees the people as being "monsters" actually since she is like the chosen one? Everybody else would just see them as something else? Right?
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

One thing to note is that heather didn't manifest the monsters like james did for him, it was all Claudia's manifestations. Even vincent says it. I'll get the quote later, but it's in the chapel near the end, saying "isn't it all just part of your nightmare?"

I'll pop in the game and write down the actual quote later.
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Okay. Thank you!

What I know is that alot comment on Alessa creating the monsters.. So in that case, if
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Heather is Alessa
Couldn't she be creating them too?
Last edited by angelofROOM302 on 30 May 2008, edited 1 time in total.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>it was all Claudia's manifestations.
It was only partly Claudia's doing. It's also the responsibility of Alessa and god.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

But how do you KNOW that?
Because the series says so. It's not like it's a big secret.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Komov
Just Passing Through

Post by Komov »

AuraTwilight wrote: Aside from the few exceptions in SH3, all the monsters in the series are psychic manifestations.
Not only in SH3. In SH4, the ghosts are the real people-victims' souls under Sullivan's control... I think. The exception would be the twin victims, which are not ghosts and are too many.
[i]"It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others."
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."[/i]
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

I try to avoid fighting at all costs, so no it doesn't really affect me personally.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

I think you may be confusing the Silent Hill from the video games and the Silent Hill from the movie. In the MOVIE it's an abandoned town, but it's been well established that it's a tourist town in the game.
AdjectiveRyan
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

even if it were people, which they aren't (aside aforementioned few), they're trying to inflict death on you. maybe if the monsters were just walking around, window shopping, or buying groceries from another monster behind a register, l'd feel bad running up and killing them.
Empty_Eyes

Post by Empty_Eyes »

If your having delusions about people being monsters... you probably wouldn't have visions of them pretending to be the residents of Mayberry. A good representation of this is Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (movie version... though the book version works just as well if not better...) They arrive at the Hotel and are going to the bar... Thompson has just done copious amounts of drugs on the way to Vegas.... The people in the bar start appearing as horrible dinosaurs... and their behaviour starts becoming less and less human... fairly rapidly.

"I was right in the middle of a fucking reptile zoo, and somebody was giving booze to these goddamn things. Won't be long now before they tear us to shreds. " -Thompson as Raoul Duke
DarkeningNightmare
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by DarkeningNightmare »

but why would vincent joke about that? he doen't seem like the kind of guy that jokes around alot. it just doesn't make sense to me.
"It is the end of days, and i am the Reaper."-Dark Alessa
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Vincent ist ein lügner.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SethSunderland
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SethSunderland »

Mockingbird wrote:Vincent ist ein lügner.
Just like you? Well your custom class says so anyways.
[img]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5484/sethsunderlandnewdigjr5.jpg[/img]
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

The monsters are obviously unintelligent, driven by instinct to attack and destroy you in any way they can. People do not behave in such a manner. Not usually, anyway.
DarkeningNightmare
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by DarkeningNightmare »

^and what's usual about silent hill?
"It is the end of days, and i am the Reaper."-Dark Alessa
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

On the level where all of the people actually exist, pretty much everything. It's only in the misty world that things start getting odd, and the Otherworld where things get super-weird.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Humans also don't fly, or are 13 feet tall, or climb walls, or spit acid.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
jdmma70
Just Passing Through

Post by jdmma70 »

Whats so hard about climbing a wall? Given enough momentum you can get pretty high up a wall as long as you dont stop.

lol as far as the acid part who knows.
SethSunderland
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SethSunderland »

AuraTwilight wrote:Humans also don't fly, or are 13 feet tall, or climb walls, or spit acid.
Humans also don't go unconsious from playing an online MMO game..

But that I'm not complaining about.
Data Drain! Woo!
[img]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5484/sethsunderlandnewdigjr5.jpg[/img]