Are Silent Hill monsters people? (and a complaint)

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Whats so hard about climbing a wall? Given enough momentum you can get pretty high up a wall as long as you dont stop.
Humans don't have sticky hands that'd allow them to stick there. Then there's SH4, where canonically only about 21 people ever come into contact with Walter's world in any manner until you get the Sacraments Ending. :P
Humans also don't go unconsious from playing an online MMO game..
There are people who have died from MMO addiction, actually.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

If you get two walls that are about 4' apart and have non-skid surfaces, you can climb them pretty much as high as they go. Just don't lose your balance!

There's nothing to suggest that the monsters are physically or mentally human. If they ever were, then their transition into Silent Hill has unrecognizably transformed them.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, to say nothing isn't true. There's the ghosts in SH4 (along with arguably the Victim07+08), along with Leonard, the Missionary, and the Scrapers. That's it though.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
JamesisBetterThanHarry22
Just Passing Through

Post by JamesisBetterThanHarry22 »

What about Valtiel. He was supposed to be an angel yet appears as a barrow-headless executioner.
Come Murphy. The town awaits you.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Executioner? Since when does he execute anyone? Aside from that, Angels aren't humans.
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

JamesisBetterThanHarry22 wrote:What about Valtiel. He was supposed to be an angel yet appears as a barrow-headless executioner.
I assume you're referring to Pyramid Head when you say executioner? Pyramid Head's attire pays homage to Valtiel, just as the executioners in the Toluca Prison wore ceremonial robes for the same reason. He is not Valtiel. However, that's irrelevant in the end because as Aura pointed out, he isn't even human.
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
Silenthillhistorian
Just Passing Through

Re: Are Silent Hill monsters people? (and a complaint)

Post by Silenthillhistorian »

As was previously stated not everything in silent hill is "usual." If one applies this to what we see in game then maybe both the "misty" silent hill and "otherworld" silent hill are both projections of alessa's mind then it becomes a possibility that the monsters seen in both are real people (cult members,leaders,ect.) that have caused her pain, and as was stated travis was a pawn she could have used him to take her revenge as she was physically unable to do anything but mentally her powers were strong as ever.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

What does Alessa have to do with anything? In SH1, we knew that the nurses and doctors were human, but not any other monster....and in SH2 and such she's totally irrelevant.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Also, shouldn't you be doing more than stating the obvious if you're dragging three year old corpse threads out of the slush pile?
SHF

Re:

Post by SHF »

JamesisBetterThanHarry22 wrote:What about Valtiel. He was supposed to be an angel yet appears as a barrow-headless executioner.
He does have a head. You probably mean faceless rather than headless. And he is an angel ( or demon as Heather probably saw him as).
He appears as such because of the effect of the otherworld, and perhaps how Heather views him.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]