The Ring 2 reference?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, I'm a loser like that.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

AuraTwilight wrote:Yea, I'm a loser like that.
I must be a worse loser because I'm jealous you can do that. o.o
Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Shoot The Sky »

David01 wrote:Nope, she tried to gas him and herself. :wink:
David say what?!
she did?!
How come I didnt get this?
could it be my limited intelligence??
themissionary
Just Passing Through

Post by themissionary »

[quote="AuraTwilight"]There's a Korean version too, actually. And yes, I would put Samara and Alessa in the same category, and I'd probably include Sadako from 0: Birthday, too.

I really wish Wikipedia had a "Fictional Creepy Psychic Girls" category or something.[/quote]

Lol! It seems like they always have dark hair too...
Empty_Eyes

Post by Empty_Eyes »

Shoot The Sky wrote:
David01 wrote:Nope, she tried to gas him and herself. :wink:
David say what?!
she did?!
How come I didnt get this?
could it be my limited intelligence??
Police Report found in the Sanitarium I believe.... I forget the exact room someone on here could tell you.
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

This is so very typical since the new company is American. It's as if nobody can come up with their own original ideas anymore. (This is so very true since Hollywood is basically, remaking every single good Asian horror movie! :evil: )
But honestly, I don't think it was intended to be a reference to the ring at all. I see it as just a coincidence.
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

(This is so very true since Hollywood is basically, remaking every single good Asian horror movie! )

yeah, not to metion countless video game, comic books, and novel adaptations there are and are still making. What, has the writers just suffer from writer's block and not come up with something that hasn't been done before?
Back to the topic, there seems to be a theme going on that every horror story needs a demonic child with long black hair and can go through walls or (in the rings case) TV's.
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Ugh, especially the new movie going alone with Cirque Du Freak.

Anyways, that's true. If there's a little girl with strange powers, of course they will make her look like something freaky and unnatural at the same time.
I still don't think it has anything to do with the ring, but yeah. I was dissapointed with the look of all characters in this game. They were all too boring. Except Travis. He looked great!
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, the whole "Dark black hair over the face of a woman" thing is a look taken from a type of Japanese ghost (Yurei), so it's a Japanese culture thing, not everyone ripping off the Ring.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Honestly, I find the most intriguing look of all the demonic children to be a tie between Dark Alessa and Alma. Then again, Dark Alessa never made me scream and drop my drink either.