Alessa`s house

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

SasaYamaoka
My Bestsellers Clerk

Alessa`s house

Post by SasaYamaoka »

Dont know if this is discussed in some topic already, my bad if it is ...

Its been buging me ... how come the developers of Origins changed Alessas house
I mean in the SH1 the house is on some distant hill, foresty, no road near it ... etc ... big estate

to a smaller house that is located by a road in an alley or something alike.

They had different esthetic tastes or what ... ?

What do you think?
SilentHaku
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentHaku »

I don't know but this was bugging me too.Why would climax change the house,I don't really see a reason to do it,unless they thought on how would Travis would see the house on fire when he's on the road and there's no road near the house.
or maybe they didn't want Travis to walk too long cuase he's getting old.
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Eh? The house isn't located near an alley. It's... located near the forest.

The fact that there's a fade bit in the beginning before Travis actually reaches the Gillespie residence indicates, to me, that he had to take a bit of a hike to get there. So, the house is still isolated from the rest of the town (on the outskirts), but it's not perfectly duplicated as shown in SH1's intro movie thing. I think it came pretty close, though.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

I agree with the whole changing-countryside thing...it really confused me at first. I thought the old location would be a little better.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The house was changed to better suit what the original developers intended.

The Gillespie home was located near other houses—close enough for six homes to be destroyed when Alessa was immolated—and in the business district, "but the actual site of the fire can't be located on the business district map. It seems the houses were completely torn down during those seven years" (Silent Hill Official Guidebook Complete Edition).
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SasaYamaoka
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SasaYamaoka »

The Adversary;

So the original SH1 developers actually intended for the house to be near other houses? But they did the video house clip differently for some reason?
Thats interesting.

I was so sadned when i wanted to visit Alessas house, but when it camed to it, it didnt look like it from the SH1 clip, so i never really got the feeling i visited it ...
the mistic shrine.

Althou the intetnions were brilliant !

PS - is there a place where i can download offical guidebook complete edition ?
SHF

Post by SHF »

The Adversary wrote:The house was changed to better suit what the original developers intended.

The Gillespie home was located near other houses—close enough for six homes to be destroyed when Alessa was immolated—and in the business district, "but the actual site of the fire can't be located on the business district map. It seems the houses were completely torn down during those seven years" (Silent Hill Official Guidebook Complete Edition).
its reminescent of the famous painting of a woman on the ground reaching up to a house on the hill.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
spunkytexan
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by spunkytexan »

SasaYamaoka wrote:The Adversary;

PS - is there a place where i can download offical guidebook complete edition ?
http://silenthillchronicle.net/notes.htm
Now the dream of this life must end, and so, too, must the dreamers within it.
SasaYamaoka
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SasaYamaoka »

The Adversary;
OMG ... THERE SO MUCH OF TEXT !!!!!!!!!!!!

helldescent;
Andrew wyeth - Christinas world
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

The Adversary wrote:The house was changed to better suit what the original developers intended.

Could it be that the Green Lion Antique shop is actually built over the location of the old house? That would explain the use of the private chapel in the back...
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Alessa and Dahlia used the Green Lion Antique Shop's basement chapel separately from the Order's chapel, so the house and antique store existed simultaneously.

"The 'other church' is a reproduction of the one that was originally in Dahlia's
home, where she used it for daily worship. In short, Harry was drawn to it
because the antique shop is a place that was originally close to the 'reverse side.'
The reason it appears in the final stage of the game is that Alessa retained the
memory of having been made to worship at the altar in her house as a young girl."
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Shadow
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Shadow »

paladin181 wrote: Could it be that the Green Lion Antique shop is actually built over the location of the old house? That would explain the use of the private chapel in the back...
That would be possible.....if the Antique shop wasn't shown in Origins.
SasaYamaoka
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SasaYamaoka »

good observation
RinoTheBouncer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by RinoTheBouncer »

I think it's a mistake they made and they tried to fix it and it looked more complicated I mean I write stories Myself and so many times I portray real life events including Me and My Lover translating them into a Silent Hill inspired symbols and stuff so it's like a film documentary, I describe every action we do and every word we say and everything we feel in the story and I read it over n over and I find it totally perfect but all of a sudden I noticed that one of the details that I described in the story contradict with others, so it happens, sometimes going too specific in details will cause you to create paradox with other details without even knowing that ... I'm not defending them but I'm just sharing My opinion as someone who had been through such position :)

About My personal opinion concerning remakes, I totally hate the idea of changing, I like it to be limited strictly to graphics and dialogue and voice acting improvements.
Twitter: @RinoTheBouncer | www.rinothebouncer.com | Instagram: @RinoTheBouncer
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

The Adversary wrote:Alessa and Dahlia used the Green Lion Antique Shop's basement chapel separately from the Order's chapel, so the house and antique store existed simultaneously.

"The 'other church' is a reproduction of the one that was originally in Dahlia's
home, where she used it for daily worship. In short, Harry was drawn to it
because the antique shop is a place that was originally close to the 'reverse side.'
The reason it appears in the final stage of the game is that Alessa retained the
memory of having been made to worship at the altar in her house as a young girl."
This doesn't show that they were there simultaneously, but rather that the one in the Green Lion is a replica of the one that was in Dahlia's home. In fact, depending on how you read that, it could further support that they are in the same site.
Shadow wrote:That would be possible.....if the Antique shop wasn't shown in Origins.
But then there's also this.
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
Burning Man

Re: Alessa`s house

Post by Burning Man »

paladin181 wrote:This doesn't show that they were there simultaneously, but rather that the one in the Green Lion is a replica of the one that was in Dahlia's home.
Correct.

Origins' developers missed a couple of details, unfortunately, and was more focused on emulating Central Silent Hill as it was depicted in Silent Hill 1 to note that Dahlia's residence was also supposed to be located in Central Silent Hill - the so called "business district".

The original Silent Hill was careful to leave portions of Central Silent Hill unexplorable, thereby concealing the original site even seven years later. Yet, Origins took the opportunity to open up the map without taking note of the original location of the site. The site's absence in Central Silent Hill is an issue.

Additionally, they never took into account that despite how simple the altar in the "other church" looks, it is located underground. It would have taken Dahlia a while to reconstruct the altar while making it accessible from Green Lion Antiques; that is, assuming that Green Lion Antiques did exist seven years prior.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

OMG THAT DOES IT ORIGINS IS FUKCING NON-CANON GRAWR
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Claudia_Wolf
Just Passing Through

Post by Claudia_Wolf »

Im really late, but, sorry, i don't understand this so much: I know that the Hole that connects the Shop to the altar is smaller in SH:O than in SH, but, why does the "Other Church" looks so big in SH: O in comparison to SH? is it because its under the otherworld's influence? is it because Travis is probably in Nowhere in SH: O, and Alessa juts imagined it? Im so confused with this, can anyone help me?
HeartlessBastard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by HeartlessBastard »

Claudia_Wolf wrote:Im really late, but, sorry, i don't understand this so much: I know that the Hole that connects the Shop to the altar is smaller in SH:O than in SH, but, why does the "Other Church" looks so big in SH: O in comparison to SH? is it because its under the otherworld's influence? is it because Travis is probably in Nowhere in SH: O, and Alessa juts imagined it? Im so confused with this, can anyone help me?
Weel, like AT said, Origins can't be canon, so... That dosen't really matter.

Anyway, I always though I was the only one that had the impression the Alessa's house was in the Green Lion. To be honest, that came to me in Shattered Memories, where [spilers] Cheryl's house is in the green lion. [/spoilers]

Another thing thet Origins got wrong, is where the ritual Alessa was took under was in the basement (That's why there's so much importance of basements in SH1). Also, in the Other Church, in Green Lion, there's a door that can't be accessed, that seems to connect to some kind of underground gallery or something. Maybe the cult uses these underground galleries to go to one place to the other side of the town undetected. There's also door near the place where Alessa was in Alchemila. That explains why the sewers are visited and have so significant monsters.
In SH3, also, the church is underground, under the amusement park, remember?
"Good people should love their enemies" - Seu Madruga
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

I always thought that the police report saying that the fire was started at the basement was just made up by an Order member inside the police force in order to corroborate the "Boiler" statement...

---------------------
ALTERED POLICE REPORT
---------------------

Looks like the fire started on the
first floor and spread to the rest of
the house. Circumstances are
suspicious.

(Someone has ruled through this
text and added a new paragraph.)

Seems there was an accident in
the basement. An old boiler caused
a fire that spread to the rest of the
building. The cause would appear
to be accidental.

(The report continues, unaltered.)

Despite fire fighter's best efforts, it
spread to the surrounding
houses. Alessa Gillespie was
declared dead at the scene by Dr.
Kauffman. Her body was identified
by her mother. Death Certificate
and coroner's report will be
forthcoming.

I also found interesting this image...

All the lights in the house are off but one and it really looks like being lit with fire although there is no smoke...