The Bad Ending...confused

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

So Alessa:
1: Got the pieces from the cult,
2: Summoned/created monsters to guard the pieces,
3: then challenged Travis to a game of "Are You Worthy?"
psychopath
Just Passing Through

I think your right

Post by psychopath »

Video Gamer wrote:So Alessa:
1: Got the pieces from the cult,
2: Summoned/created monsters to guard the pieces,
3: then challenged Travis to a game of "Are You Worthy?"
i think everything except #3 is correct. I thought she summoned/brought him to silent hill to help her unconcious crispy body from being used to birth the god or something :roll: :?:
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Level1IDcapture.jpg[/img]
If you mess with me then you'll see
The power of my force feeling no remoirce
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

But if Alessa got the pieces, a few more questions are raised: How'd she get them? Were they hidden before? And, if she was the one hiding them, why would she need Travis to defeat them?
psychopath
Just Passing Through

it probably wasent alessa in a sense

Post by psychopath »

Video Gamer wrote:But if Alessa got the pieces, a few more questions are raised: How'd she get them? Were they hidden before? And, if she was the one hiding them, why would she need Travis to defeat them?
you are right but it was probably a spiritual projection of alessa ,when she was healthy, in travis's head to lead him to the pieces
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

I don't think she actually "got" the pieces. She just put the monsters there so that Travis could defeat them and physically pick up the pieces, since her disembodied soul couldn't, and if he couldn't overcome his own inner darkness, there's no way Travis can be expected or trusted to overcome the even GREATER darkness within Alessa.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

Oh, right...I gotcha...
And that's why there's all the puzzles leading to the pieces: The Cult was trying to hide them. I gotcha. The monsters were Alessa's doing.
(Which raises another question...Was that really Alessa's body in the hospital? Gah.)
Okay, so the 'Replacing the Cult's lackey" idea is out.
What's left?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

The cult doesn't use monsters or is involved with them in any way.
What are you talking about? In silent hill 3 Claudia transformed a cult member into the Missionary. It doesn't matter that he wasn't a monster in real life, he appeared as one in the other world, to Heather if no one else.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

What are you talking about? In silent hill 3 Claudia transformed a cult member into the Missionary. It doesn't matter that he wasn't a monster in real life, he appeared as one in the other world, to Heather if no one else.
One crazy bitch does not an entirety of a cult make, and even still, we're talking about the context of Origins/SH1.
Oh, right...I gotcha...
And that's why there's all the puzzles leading to the pieces: The Cult was trying to hide them. I gotcha. The monsters were Alessa's doing.
(Which raises another question...Was that really Alessa's body in the hospital? Gah.)
What's left?
Yes, that really was Alessa's body. And what do you mean by "what's left?"
Last edited by AuraTwilight on 26 Jan 2008, edited 1 time in total.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
psychopath
Just Passing Through

just a quick off topic comment

Post by psychopath »

Video Gamer wrote:Oh, right...I gotcha...
What's left?
i agree mostly but wasent that triangle puzzle a pain in the ass seriously we coulent even go to out notes/files menue
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

AuraTwilight wrote:
One crazy bitch does not an entirety of a cult make, and even still, we're talking about the context of Origins/SH1.
Oh, right...I gotcha...
What's left?
Yes, that really was Alessa's body. And what do you mean by "what's left?"
Theories. Every single one was kind of shot down.
psychopath
Just Passing Through

Post by psychopath »

so whats left to disscuss if "somebody"always as you said puts them down :roll: :(
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Not all the theories were shot down. Just because a theory is argued doesn't mean it's wrong. EVERY theory is argued.
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

True, every theory is argued, but the only one that hasn't been disproved is the one that guesses the ending was non-linear.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Erm, there's lots of theories that haven't been disproved. It takes more than one person going "I DISAGREEZ" for something to be disproven.
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

Describe the ones that are left, then.
psychopath
Just Passing Through

i have a better idea

Post by psychopath »

Video Gamer wrote:Describe the ones that are left, then.
just for fun and to prove a point lets quote all the theories he shot down and if theres any left well.....we will see :lol: :shock: :D :idea:
game_over
Hope House Careworker

Post by game_over »

Well, theories don't get shot down, its just that the arguments make them look less exciting or less tasty, because people being out the "facts" from drawers and under beds so to prove something or just to trade info and ideas.

Some want to show off, some were just pored and thought they should do something positive, some want to practice the art of argument for future, some want to empty their loneliness and boredom, some want to be asses and etc.

But, at least theories are discussed. In other words, its better than nothing and people learn something from it.

When I first started playing Origins, the opening screen pointed out that the purpose of the game was to show a piece of our everyday life pains and problems. Now, that is something that doesn't need arguments.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

just for fun and to prove a point lets quote all the theories he shot down and if theres any left well.....we will see
There haven't been any theories shot down, the're just peoples personal opinions. Just because AuraTwilight writes something, it doesn't make it so, there wouldn't be any point to this forum if it did.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

How many pages did we argue theories on the "let me burn" thread, Aura? About 7,000? :) I don't think we ever came to a definitive conclusion to either side. So, see? Theories are here to be discussed, not so much shot down. :) It is why I love this forum so much when I am really not a fan of forums in general. :)
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

My theories have been shot down many times lol jk anyway, I"ve been playing through origins again lately. And I noticed in the parts where, You see the Nurse gutted and cut in two... how Travis just kinda blankly stares at the body, anyone else notice this besides me. I believe it shows that he's killing actual people in the real world. While in his mind he's killing the monsters.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!