Is silent Hill Origins actually scarey?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Prisonic Fairytale
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Prisonic Fairytale »

Silent Hill 3 was the most freighting in my opinion. Between the Closers, Double Heads and Insane Cancers and the eerie distant howling in various areas it got very close to scaring me several times. And that's hard to do.

Second would have to be Origins. I can't quite out my finger on it but something is deeply disturbing about that game.
puppett
Just Passing Through

Post by puppett »

Silent Hill 3 scared me most out of all the games, and just because of the sounds.
Maverick
Just Passing Through

Post by Maverick »

the only part where it got a bit intense was in the theater. Mostly because I hate dolls and those Ariels were the worst monster any game can throw at me.

The Sanitarium was pretty freaky too, a lot of open space made me feel like there were more than one monster in the room.
HereComesTheButcher
Just Passing Through

Post by HereComesTheButcher »

puppett wrote:Silent Hill 3 scared me most out of all the games, and just because of the sounds.
Yeah especially the sounds in the mall. It was like mumbling. creepy...
SPRINGS02
Historical Society Historian
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

Silent hill 3 was the scariest silent hill game i played, origins wasn't really too scary it had its moments.
In order of scariest to least scariest i would say it goes SH3>SH4>SH2>SH0>SHH>SHSM haven't beaten the original silent hill yet...
BurningWitch
Just Passing Through

Post by BurningWitch »

I'd agree. Silent Hill 3 was by far the most unsettling.

Origins was definitely not the creepiest, but at least it was creepier than SH:SM.
Restoration01
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Restoration01 »

^Yup, I agree.

The only moments in SM when I jumped is when the Raw Shocks suddenly appears and screams. :|