"Monster" names? **Warning spoilers**

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Krysta
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Krysta »

doesn't the guide book say anything about the monsters?
silenced angel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by silenced angel »

No, it doesn´t say anything about them

I liked the game a lot, but I hate that the monsters keep appearing on the streets after you kill them, and it´s difficult to fight against three or more at once, specially that you have to finish them after they´re down, but its not like previous SH that you only step nearby their bodies and press x, now you have to walk to a certain position once the monster is down in order to finish it, and if you don´t it will get up once again.

I specially hate those horse like things called Carrions or whatever, it may look that they can´t attack you and are slow, and suddenly they jump and hit you, it´s better to use the riffle against them.
nanook in heaven...
manong janitor
Gravedigger

Post by manong janitor »

I've heard the invisibles in the sanitarium called both Halos and Revenants.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/bluewind/Sigs/jigoku2-1.gif[/img]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Their official name is "Revenant," for future reference.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Lostkitsune
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Lostkitsune »

The Adversary wrote:Their official name is "Revenant," for future reference.
Where did you acquire this information if I may ask?
manong janitor
Gravedigger

Post by manong janitor »

The official website. Personally I like the name "halo" better, but w/e. Official name is official.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/bluewind/Sigs/jigoku2-1.gif[/img]
Adrasteia
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Adrasteia »

The Tempest is scheduled for the theater, and Ariel is the spirit controlled by Prospero in it. He is the one who stirs up the tempest itself.
crucifix
Historical Society Historian

Post by crucifix »

Mockingbird wrote:Their official name is "Revenant," for future reference.
thought it was "remnant". they don't show up on the official site.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
MisterGrey
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MisterGrey »

Revenant was a creature in medieval folklore roughly analagous to today's ghosts/zombies, depending on the story in which it appeared; parallels have also been drawn between Revenants and later vampire stories. It could either take the role of a spirit entity or a walking corpse. They had usually been wicked in life, and returned from the dead to cause misery to the living, usually their friends or family members.

EDIT:

Just got done perusing the official page... I see no official entry for the Revenant/Remnant, or any of the bosses aside from Caliban and The Butcher.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

The monster's names are not really all the relavent to me. I call the demon children in SH1 "fish-faces" cause their faces are sukenen in.

I am more intrested in the meaninds behind them. I wonder if there is a topic already up about their meanings...?
MisterGrey
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MisterGrey »

Per the official webpage, Carrion is a symbol of all the roadkill Travis has seen as a trucker. The Doubleback/Twobacks are a reference to his lack of sex do to long hours on the road with no means for socialization. (Tying in with the Shakespearean theme, in the play "Othello," Iago uses the phrase "beast with two backs" to refer to two people engaging in intercourse).
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

I was thinking that the twoback monsters were Travis's dad and him on the back. You know, like father like son.
I think the jacket thing are just called Straightjackets althought I keep calling them patient demons by accident.

& I also believed the invisibles were called "Remnants."