Curiosity: "infamous third bathroom stall"?

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

O.O I HATE that scream. >< Scares the hell outta me.
Desolate-Beauty
Just Passing Through

Post by Desolate-Beauty »

Well what's to expect from a horror survival games...unicorns n rainbows i mean its kinda easy to tell that somethings gonna pop out sooner or later :)
[img]http://i1.tinypic.com/246vv2x.gif[/img]
Sometimes We Must Travel Into The Surrounding Darkness To Find Ourselves

RAWR :D
I'll Eat Your Soul :]
<3
kingkyde
Just Passing Through

Post by kingkyde »

amphreded wrote:
fahrenheit98 wrote:I remeber when I first knocked on the stall. I was leaning on my chair when i heard that clashing noise and i fell out of my chair. It hurt. Whats with Silent Hill and having creepy bathroom stalls anyway? The world may never know
The toilet bowls are considered portals to another world in Japanese myths. I'm pretty sure Team Silent mentioned it in The Making of SH2.
I thought they said that there were stories children there were familiar with,ummm the part where kids use the toilet and they get sucked in it and never comeback?I think they mentioned it in the making of sh3,I watched it on youtube!
[img]http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l21/kymondking/c2g2.jpg[/img]
Mits_Giotix
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Mits_Giotix »

I always heard a loud crash when I examine this particular part...No screams though.
Nowhere = Now + Here
Smoky
Just Passing Through

Post by Smoky »

That bit scared the absolute bejeezus out of me. I'm on my second playthrough at the moment, and it still managed to get me. I jumped (glad no one else was there to see me do it, I always get crap from mates because I can be pretty high strung and jump at the smallest sound) and then had this massive uneasy feeling for the next ten or fifteen minutes, even after turning the game off.

:oops:
Listen, all I want out of life is for my bank account to have 58,008 dollars in it, so that when I read my statement upside down, it says "BOOBS".
silent_hill1234
Just Passing Through

Post by silent_hill1234 »

I have never heard or seen this part, which part in town is this located??
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

It's all explained in the thread... in the bathroom in the prison.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
manong janitor
Gravedigger

Post by manong janitor »

There are some stories in Japan where when youre doing your duty, a ghostly hand suddenly reaches out to grab you. =/ Imagine, youre just minding your own business, when suddenly you feel something grabbing at your shirt or skirt or thingy. >_>

i had to turn off the game after i heard the noise.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/bluewind/Sigs/jigoku2-1.gif[/img]
Caffreys84
Just Passing Through

Post by Caffreys84 »

It did make me jump nothing much more though. Was more fun when I played through again and my brothers were watching, nearly followed through bless 'em!
Pontefract Collieries AFC, Grimsby Town FC, and Halifax RLFC for life!
cuber3
Just Passing Through

Post by cuber3 »

Atticus wrote:
amphreded wrote:
fahrenheit98 wrote:I remeber when I first knocked on the stall. I was leaning on my chair when i heard that clashing noise and i fell out of my chair. It hurt. Whats with Silent Hill and having creepy bathroom stalls anyway? The world may never know
The toilet bowls are considered portals to another world in Japanese myths. I'm pretty sure Team Silent mentioned it in The Making of SH2.
I never heard of that *notes it*
Got any Myths in mind?
I like read up on it
I've noticed a few other people were curious about this, so here's some reading ;)
Toire No Hanakosan (トイレの花子さん, "Hanako-in-the-Toilet") is another contemporary macabre tale. The story behind Hanako-in-the-Toilet is this: if you knock three times on a particular stall in a particular school's girl's bathroom while calling Hanako's name, you will hear her reply from within the empty stall. This story appeared in the early 1980s and enjoyed wide popularity among school children, spawning numerous books and a few films. Different versions of the tale describe various reasons that Hanako's ghost sticks around (in some versions she was murdered in the bathroom; in others, she was a girl who committed suicide in one of the stalls), and her response differs widely as well. But the main crux of the Hanako-in-the-Toilet tale is the bathroom stall mechanic: by knocking on a particular stall and calling Hanako in a particular way, you can get her to answer you.
Source: http://www.dreamdawn.com/sh/features/ja ... horror.php

Oh, and sorry for bumping an old thread, but I just wanted to share this with you guys ;)
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

yeah, the whole stall thing scared me too... in the first game theres a stall, but its not the same deal. the one in the alternative school, with the dead body in it. that scared me the first time... also the one in the locker did too
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

I think it was defiantly meant to represent a prison stabbing

they happen allot
put_here_2_feel_joy
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by put_here_2_feel_joy »

I don't think it's really ment to mean ANYTHING but some to make you scared.
Everytime I play SH2 I go into that bathroom knowing that it'll make a noise and everytime I jump. XD

Anyway, I'm not sure if I already told this stoy here but:

Once I was saying at school late to finish my filing and I had to go to the bathroom. So I left the class room and absolutely no one was around. I went into the girls bathroom and was checking the stalls like any good, dedicated SH fan does.
Lo' and behold the third stall was locked. Ooooeeeeooo~ haha The creepy part was that there was no one in the stall, it was just locked for no reason. Needless to say I went in the first stall (farthest from the third) and walked quickly back to class.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/Dredge_/sunsetcopy.jpg[/img]
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Doo-glas wrote:I think it was defiantly meant to represent a prison stabbing

they happen allot
In a female's bathroom? In a prison that went into disuse quite a while ago and is now just a Historical Society?
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

and is now just a Historical Society?
you really think the prison is in the historical society? I always thought it was somewhere inbetween the dock and the H. S. completely separate from the two.
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

Krist. wrote:
Doo-glas wrote:I think it was defiantly meant to represent a prison stabbing

they happen allot
In a female's bathroom? In a prison that went into disuse quite a while ago and is now just a Historical Society?
ohhhhh wait you're right, that bathroom would be meant for the guards and visitors and not the prisoners themselves

never mind then
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>you really think the prison is in the historical society?
Toluca Prison was converted into a part of the Historical Society. There was a thread about it somewhere round here where I go into great detail about why, including maps, diagrams, and pictures.

Check the first and second pages mostly.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
demollyon
Just Passing Through

Post by demollyon »

Thanx for sharing. This hasn't happened to me, but anytime I played I just begged to hear a scary sound. Now that you guys have heard it, I'm happy I was right!
There was a sig here. It's gone now.
Teimoshi
Just Passing Through

Post by Teimoshi »

Actually the prison was just abandoned and the Historical Society was built over it. It was buried or something. No wait... it wasn't buried, it was like those underground bunkers. The entrance and the first few rooms were converted into HS. The rest was blocked off by that wall James had knocked down. At least thats my interpretation.
[color=red][b]Nevermore.... Nevermore.... Nevermore....[/b][/color]

[color=fuchsia][i]"Deep into that darkness peering,
Long I stood there,
Wondering... Fearing... Doubting..."[/i][/color]
[color=fuchsia]-Edgar Allen Poe-[/color]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Actually the prison was just abandoned and the Historical Society was built over it.
Actually the prison was closed down and then converted into the Silent Hill Historical Society.

What's left of the prison is still above ground.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.