Pyramid Head has an eye

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Spirit
Just Passing Through

Post by Spirit »

Lain, it's SILENT HILL. I'm sure most laws of "how metal works" don't really apply. I think it opens and closes at the end when he
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Stabs Maria at the very end.
Doesn't his helmet shake, aswell?

You don't see that whole all the time, so where is it? It's closed.

EDIT: Arrg, when your first fighting with him in the stairwell, if you run up to him a certian way, he'll grab you by the neck. If you have a hacking angle, or a picture, then you can bright it up enough to see a black tongue. It runs up James' face >_< Yuck.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/Spira99/Pyramid_idol1SM.jpg[/img]
“We have hated the French for years. Now you have just joined the club. It makes you much more likable.”
pink_isnt_well000
Historical Society Historian

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

No, I have a hard time believing that.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Ive had it happen to me before.
Icarus
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Icarus »

I think this is all pointless... So what if he does? And so what if it doesn't? Nothing changes.

-Ech117
I felt [i][b]infinite[/b][/i].
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Isn`t that just a stain? :?
Spirit
Just Passing Through

Post by Spirit »

Well, no one ever said it changed anything... It could have some meaning or something, though.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/Spira99/Pyramid_idol1SM.jpg[/img]
“We have hated the French for years. Now you have just joined the club. It makes you much more likable.”
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Spirit wrote:Lain, it's SILENT HILL. I'm sure most laws of "how metal works" don't really apply. .
That's such a poor cop out it's not even funny. Just because it's SIRENT HIRR doesn't mean that logic is completely thrown to the wayside.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
lain of the wired
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

If we're going to say the laws of physics on metal in SH don't apply, how about we also go ahead and say that the metal pipe you hit things with in the game is really a licorice stick! And the bullets you use aren't metal- they're magic spitballs! And the floor in the game is only an illusion- the truth is that through the whole game, you're actually flying! Through clouds of cotton candy! On a pony!

:roll:
No, the helmet never shakes. His hands blur, but his helmet never shakes. And the little door slides open and shut. Haven't you ever seen a metal door with one of those sliding viewing holes? You see them in movies where there's solitary confinement rooms. They use sliding metal doors in lots of places in the real world, too- have you not encountered one before?

Oh yeah, the tongue: Image With thanks to Spirit .(Hope it's ok to post it here... Just let me know if you want it off and it's gone, 'kay?)
Last edited by lain of the wired on 21 Jun 2006, edited 1 time in total.
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Tee hee! ^_^

SIRENT HIRR, no uta,
minna de utao...

Minna de, minna de,
utaimashou!

I love that song, it's so catchy! :P

And I like the licorice stick pipe theory; are you saying you don't buy it?
put_here_2_feel_joy
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by put_here_2_feel_joy »

Spirit wrote:He has a tongue too, you know.
I'm so glad someone else knows about the tounge. I'm not crazy. PHead sticks it out when he strangles James in the first battle in the appartments. Pretty gross..
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/Dredge_/sunsetcopy.jpg[/img]
pink_isnt_well000

For the love of god can you guys talk about the topic at hand...(what little topic there is) and quit with the damn spam?

So, are we saying the tongue is that black thing beside his helmet? Looks like the things hanging down his back in the picture of him from behind....
Doorstop_Idol
Just Passing Through

Post by Doorstop_Idol »

Well that "tounge"/tube thing could explain what I thought was a flap at first. Its rather dark in the game (normally) and in those two cutscenes I noticed something moving...but I wasn't sure what it was. Hehe, it could be that tubey thing pulsating. (which is quite disturbing in its own right.)

Anyways...in summation so far we have:

Eye= unconfirmed so far
Hole= definitely there
Tounge/tube thing= icky

Hmm, anything else? :?:

:mrgreen:
[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d55/doorstop_idol/doorstopidolsigxs6.png[/img]
*Thanks so much to XxMAGGOTxX for this awesome sig!*

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
-Gandhi
lain of the wired

Pink: check this out. I could be completely wrong, and this could be very much photochopped, but that looks like it's comin' right out of the helm. And you may have been such an uber1337 gamer that you never let PH catch you, but he caught me, and I got my face licked, so I'm fairly convinced it's a tongue from *within* the helm.

Please, please, stop calling it a flap. It's not a flap. Call it a hole, call it a little magical doorway to the gumdrop kingdom for all I care, but Metal. Doesn't. Flap. Let's attempt at making sense, please.
pink_isnt_well000

He does have those things coming out fromt he back of his helmet...for some reason I want to say that's probably what it is..

That eye thing...is a bolt...

But, if for some reason it WAS a tongue and it WAS an eye...that looks very retarded, why would they do that?
Figurine
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Figurine »

Thanks for all the PH pictures everyone, i'm gonna put them in my folder.. i don't have a website , but i have to agree, i only see a bolt, not an eye thing, as for that tongue thing or whatever it is, i'm uncertain.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/StrangeEmily/Silent%20Hill/mariasig.gif[/img]
lain of the wired

He licks you with it! Play it again and let him catch you- it's a tongue.
I imagine they'd give him a tongue simply because it's creepy as all hell to have some thing lick your face. Other than that, though, it's pretty strange, I'll admit that. The eye, however... yeah. According to the theory, it would be an eyeball sitting on the edge of his helmet. I've seen some pictures where yeah, it could very nearly be an eye, but the fact of it is it makes absolutely no sense for the eyeball to be where it is. If even the tongue is coming out from within the helm... why have the eyeball outside?
Eraserhead
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Eraserhead »

The way I see it, He's a demon, he doesn't need eyes. Or maybe hes like the alien in "Alien" they have no eyes yet they "see" somehow.
"Home is in your head"
pink_isnt_well000

The way I see it is...he's a made up video game character...therefore if they want him to blow toast out his ass...he will...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

he has a single ear too....... omg havent you seen it?? :mrgreen:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

quit picking apart PH's character and fear him. I see no eyes, tounge, and a hole. But thats me. I also beleive the helmet is part of him. I don't even think the creators know about what he is or what he does, their job was to make him scary. They did a good job :mrgreen: