Pyramid Head and Maria: James' mind at war with itself.

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

Also, to alone in the town, the reason my point relates to your theory is because you are kind of saying that pyramid head had many opportunities to kill James but didnt, thus giving more credibility to the idea that he was more of a guide than an enemy. By establishing the idea that the reason he didnt kill James might be simply because James was a main character and generally main characters simply don't die in games, it would then suggest that the idea that Pyramid Head was a guide or savior would be incorrect, if you're basing the idea solely on those assumptions.
I don't attach much importance to the red pyramid thing's failure to kill James, because I understand that the main character's survival is, to put it mildly, significant to the story, though Pyramid Head certainly appears to be invincible, and the point to this is that if Pyramid Head wanted James dead, he would be dead.

What I do consider important, however, is that there are several instances in which Pyramid Head won't even try to harm James. Two instances, in fact, where Pyramid Head may ignore James entirely, and they don't even meet unless James deviates from the correct path through the Catacombs. The fact that the red pyramid head shows discretion at certain points, I believe, is quite important.
Cactusgod
Just Passing Through

Post by Cactusgod »

Agreed. Like I said, you certainly could be on to something here. I wish we could get more clarification on the intent of the creators, another lost memories book would be fantastic haha.