James and Maria? or James and Mary?

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Who will be perfect for James?Maria or Mary?

Poll ended at 01 Jun 2006

James and Maria
37%
James and Mary
63%

Total votes: 35

Anonymous

James and Maria? or James and Mary?

Post by Anonymous »

I made tihs in advance from "Mary and Maria"Poll from Easteralex so it already can be made.I voted for MAria and James because they seem perfect together.
easteralex
Just Passing Through

Post by easteralex »

Hmm I was going to made a Poll like this after Mary or MAry but since you made it thanks!I voted with Maria same with your comments
[img]http://upload8.postimage.org/176858_e0de4d4faf6070e030b51a7fadd6f281/james_mary.jpg[/img]
whiter4bbit
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by whiter4bbit »

"The problem is... You're not Mary."
[img]http://img422.imageshack.us/img422/7426/room312sig5qn.jpg[/img]

[size=75][b]Along with you died joy.
All that remains is despair and a future of meaningless tomorrows.[/b][/size]
Yana
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Yana »

James & Maria!!!!!! Couple of psychos together.... what a perfect match!!!! :mrgreen:
[url=http://iampaddy.com/spell/]Learn To Fucking Spell[/url]
Goodnight
Historical Society Historian

Post by Goodnight »

Why is Maria a psycho? Because of the ending?
I'd probably get a little beastly if the guy I liked kept calling me by his dead wife's name, too...

If anything I think Mary is a bit twisted for having helped create the world James is suffering in. Now, that’s retribution.
Yana
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Yana »

But marias not real though!! And did u play the scenario where ur maria on the special edition? That just proves shes got a few screws loose :shock:
[url=http://iampaddy.com/spell/]Learn To Fucking Spell[/url]
Figurine
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Figurine »

I think Maria is everything that James wants, she's free in all the ways that Mary isn't, but she's also the damsel in distress and her whole existance is to be with James and dependant on him... "you're supposed to take care of me...."

Mary is herself, she's the one James fell in love with and married, yes she got sick.... but that shouldn't change things.

I don't know, is this a, would you have Maria if Mary never existed, or would you have Mary if Maria never existed kind of question? Or the... would you want Maria as a replacement type thingy?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/StrangeEmily/Silent%20Hill/mariasig.gif[/img]
Hjartu
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Hjartu »

whiter4bbit wrote:"The problem is... You're not Mary."
Exactly...
This can't even be argued.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/hjartu/junjisig.jpg[/img]
in zero
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by in zero »

Mary. James never really cared about Maria to begin with, except for the fact that she was a human being :) (and happened to look a lot like Mary)
ander_waser
Just Passing Through

Post by ander_waser »

James is an ordinary guy, rather. Better matching for him is Mary, since Maria is provoking as she's a boogie-woogie dancer. Not diffrently. Image
[size=84][i]"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."[/i] (Metthew 10:34)[/size]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I can't figure how James & Maria could be a fitting pair, when Maria is a manifestation of James' unquenchable, carnal desires. It's like dating someone that walked outta your most recent issue of Hustler: likely to be undoubtedly fun for a while, but quickly gets old when lack of depth becomes apparent.

I vote for James & Mary, the real person. Like every other person, they are flawed individuals in their own rights.
ant_garland
Gravedigger

Post by ant_garland »

yeah but forget the whole maria isnt real or the mary is dead or james is a psycho who likes to play with chainsaws and just think of it as who makes a better looking pair
User has been Trolled. And rightfully so.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

James & Mary still, with reasoning similar to before (even after omitting the whole unreal/dead/psycho part).
theshaman
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by theshaman »

I'd say maria and James.. I Liked the way they bonded in the game.. Plus we dont know much bout mary and james's relationship
there are things known and unknown, in between is silent hill
easteralex
Just Passing Through

Post by easteralex »

Wow.....in the "Mary and Maria"Poll Maria is a winner but here Mary is the winner!
[img]http://upload8.postimage.org/176858_e0de4d4faf6070e030b51a7fadd6f281/james_mary.jpg[/img]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I vote James and Mary they are married afterall!
vampiress
Just Passing Through

Post by vampiress »

Well crud, I voted without thinking. I voted James and Mary, but would rather say James and Maria. Here's why: James does not deserve Mary. Yes, I know he did it because he didn't like to watch her suffer, but geez...come on. Maria is a slut and James is a psycho, they're perfect.
Attempted murder? Now honestly, what is that? Do they give a Nobel Prize for Attempted Chemistry?

--Sideshow Bob :roll:
Monobrow
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Monobrow »

James and Maria? More like James and James... :K
No one wins...It's a war of man.
Goodnight
Historical Society Historian

Post by Goodnight »

And did u play the scenario where ur maria on the special edition?
Many times.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
If she's not real, how can she be crazy? How can you expect sanity from something that goes against sanity in its nature?
The Lost Carol
Cafe5to2 Waitress
Location: Artaud Theater (Can't be at the hotel all the time, you know...)

Post by The Lost Carol »

"The problem is... You're not Mary."
James and Mary, all the way. They are the truth, the couple that is in love, the other's reason for existence. Maria is merely in James way, tempting him from finding Mary. The only way he even shows that he cares for her in an intimate, loving fashion is when you, the player, elects to spend time with her and protect her. No matter what you elect to do, James still wants to find Mary, and to be with her. At least in my opinion, Mary is the only solution (unless you, the player wants it to be Maria.) However...
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
if Mary is dead, and Maria is not really real, wouldn't that mean James ends up with no one, hence nullifying our need for a poll? Regardless, I still choose Mary.