Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 17 Feb 2020

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Aug 2003
Notes left: 4728
Last seen at: H-Town
Very well young grasshopper, very well...

As Tom was saying, it's the collation of two (un)realities; James' and Angela's. But it's in the abyss, the bowling ally isn't.

Laura also has a letter; a real letter. A letter that clearly goes against James' little makebelieve world and therefor can't be a creation of James'. Which also implies Laura to be a real living breathing being.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 May 2005
Notes left: 205
Last seen at: Fort Worth, Texas
Interesting, I never realized all that. It all makes sense. Good job. :)

Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Jul 2004
Notes left: 2577
Last seen at: Centralia
What a brilliant theory.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 May 2005
Notes left: 330
Love the thoery... Perhaps it's not even a theory and it is more of a fact.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
>Did you post it on the old forums?
Yes.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Post subject:

Quote:
how does laura view the town and why is she there?

Quote:
Laura is not. She is a vision of the past, you migth say. She was a girl that liked Mary, and hated James.

Laura, as the advesary says, is a part of James' silent hill. Eddie met laura beacause, as the advesary says, James' and Eddie's "silent hills" met.

Remember the Catacombs where James, Angela, an Eddie's graves are?
Where James jumped into?
That all leads to the full enterconnections of all their "silent hills" thats why James
"picked" on Eddie, and James killed him and thats a part of Eddies silent hill...but Angela continued to go on with her silent hill thats why James later met Angela in the hotel.

who knows, maybe Angela and Eddie met :wink:
and Angela saw Eddie as her mother :D

i hope im right :roll:

RESPECT
 Post subject:

>Laura, as the advesary says, is a part of James' silent hill.
Actually, I didn't say that. Laura is a real person in a vacant town.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Post subject:

what im saying....is, like on Eddie's Sh, he sees people picking on him...on Angela's, her abusive father abusing her...you said that right? :wink:
on James', he sees Laura, Maria, and Mary as his Sh is composed.

peace! :mrgreen:

Post subject: james and angela

at the burning stairs james would get burned as he cannot make any connection with angela. their relationship stays superficial trough the game so james cannot understand angelas "pain" (that is what i think the flames reprisent). in the end after her "father" is ded and james knows what happened he can see the flames that are there for angela allways. but he does not feel anything for angela and cannot help her. i dont think this is the end for angela.

Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
What else is there to say or do for her? Nothing. She can't move on, she can't move past what happened to her--not that it's her fault--and for all intents and purposes, there's nothing left to say about her. Her journey is endless, but it's complete.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject: Re: james and angela

Missing since: 13 Nov 2005
Notes left: 429
Last seen at: Teen Town
scape wrote:
at the burning stairs james would get burned as he cannot make any connection with angela. their relationship stays superficial trough the game so james cannot understand angelas "pain" (that is what i think the flames reprisent). in the end after her "father" is ded and james knows what happened he can see the flames that are there for angela allways. but he does not feel anything for angela and cannot help her. i dont think this is the end for angela.

James can feel the flames. "It's hot as hell in here". He just never got close enough to be burned.

Hope House Careworker

Missing since: 06 Dec 2003
Notes left: 734
The orange devil wrote:
James can feel the flames. "It's hot as hell in here". He just never got close enough to be burned.

My James sure did. That was because of me though.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 22 Jun 2005
Notes left: 41
LizZiGicLae wrote:
The orange devil wrote:

:lol: I definitely did that too

there came a companion to her,
but, alas, he was no help,
for his name was heart's pain.

Post subject:

For what it's worth, I think the footage of Angela in the intro isn't the past, but the present. She's actually running around in her version of Silent Hill. I also don't think the entire town looks like a house, but all the structures are her house. She's aware she's in Silent Hill and that it's a dangerous town...Mentioning something wrong with it implies she's been in the town, and has just traveled to the cemetary for whatever reason.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

>Is this your default theory?
Hum? Not sure I understand this.

Frozen Halo: If you'll note, I didn't say that Angela sees the cemetery as her house; I said she hadn't made it "home" yet.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Dec 2005
Notes left: 45
Last seen at: Newcastle, England
I'll admit that I haven't been a big fan of some of The Adversary's theories. I've totally disagreed with some of his views but have always respected his passion for the subject of Silent Hill. This theory though is, in my opinion, spot on.
Angela is my favourite character in the whole series but her appearence's at certain points have always made me scratch my head. How did she get from the labyrinth to the hotel etc. Although, as The Adversary says, is only a theory, it's a bloody good one as far as I'm concerned and has certainly given me plenty to consider and think about.

Thanks,
Silent Ste

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Jan 2006
Notes left: 137
Excellent write-up. I had the same ideas about Angela when playing the game, but never really took the time to organize my thoughts, so it's nice to read a post like this.

FrozenHalo wrote:
She's aware she's in Silent Hill and that it's a dangerous town...Mentioning something wrong with it implies she's been in the town, and has just traveled to the cemetary for whatever reason.

I had always thought that she had come to Silent Hill to find her family and confront herself. However, she just couldn't deal with her past and the reality of it. So, throughout the game she gets increasingly lost in 'her' Silent Hill, until finally James sees what she sees.

Room312 wrote:
LizZiGicLae wrote:
The orange devil wrote:

:lol: I definitely did that too

Yeah, I kept walking into them while trying to look at the 'pictures' on the wall.

Biomechanical wrote:
and laura's? how does laura view the town and why is she there?

Laura was looking for Mary. She doesn't see anything frightening in the town- she's free of the guilt (whether deserved or not) that James, Angela, and Eddie possess, so nothing appears for her. She most likely sees a normal town, or an empty one. Either way, there's no threat to her there.

Again, this is all just what I got out of it.

Post subject:

Actually this theory makes so much sense at all that's It's not even a theory to me. It's the truth. rofl.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Mar 2006
Notes left: 71
Last seen at: ..in my dreams..
very interesting O_O this makes sense

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Apr 2006
Notes left: 629
Last seen at: Traversing the Portals of Reality
I hadn't thought of it that way before, awesome theory. I'll keep this in mind on my next play through.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next