Silent Hill, according to Angela:

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Silent One
Gravedigger

Post by Silent One »

Mephisto wrote:Very interesting theory Tom.

That means Angela was always searching her mother inside her house, never leaving, checking rooms, basement, stairs. Boy, how boring. . .
That's sort of my thoughts. I was more under the assumption that Angela's other world just simply looked like the house she fears so much and various rooms where bad things might have happened. As we went on the world's began melding more together so you end up with the piston room with a single tv.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The piston room probably has nothing to do w/ Angela b/c Angela probably wasn't sexually abused. The room also having more to do w/ her is illogical b/c it completely disregards everything established in Silent Hill 2.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
True
Just Passing Through

Post by True »

This theory makes perfect sense, very observing! I never would have thought until it was pointed out =P
Empyrean
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Empyrean »

Angela had been in the town other wise she could not have warned James about it. She is in he grave yard as part of her Journey not becasue she has not entered the town yet so the town can not be her house since she is already in the effect of the town at that point. Nearing the end fo the game as like James the effects are stronger making her SH her home but not until way later when the otherworld takes over.

the piston room makes sense fore Angela since it has nothing really to do with James and more do do with Angela because it is strongly implied that she was sexualy abused.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

We don't know Angela has been in the town yet. All she tells James is "it's dangerous." I've never been to L.A., but I know, w/out ever visiting, Compton is a less-than-savory place.

And Angela probably wasn't sexually abused and there aren't any strong implications to suggest she was.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

What other purpose would she have for being in that room though? And who would it be meant for if not her? This is the whole part of the thing I'm having trouble understanding.
I once was lost, but am now profound.
Empyrean
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Empyrean »

Angela also try to explain but says it hard to.

Angela:This uh... this town... there's something... "wrong" with it.. its kind of hard to explain, but...

James: Is it dangerouse?

Angela: Mabey.. and its not just the fog either... its...

Then james interupts as she was about to tell him. She can not know this wihtout already going there. So she was already there.

And yes there is.
Nowh3re
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Nowh3re »

>And yes there is.
Then please tell us. We've been waiting for it for so long…
Of course it didn't happen.
Empyrean
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Empyrean »

Then you should read the other thread on her was or was not abused where basically there is no real evidence to support or not support.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

We don't know Angela has been in the town yet. All she tells James is "it's dangerous." I've never been to L.A., but I know, w/out ever visiting, Compton is a less-than-savory place.
Yea, because the Otherworld is such big, self-evident news, right?

I like the theory that Angela was wandering through Silent Hill normally at first, but then entered her Trial of the Abyss before James even showed up in Silent Hill. After the graveyard is when she finds herself in her house.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>What other purpose would she have for being in that room though?
I like specificity.

>She can not know this wihtout already going there. So she was already there.
Everyone knows Silent Hill has an unusual fog typically layering the town. You don't have to go there to know.

>Yea, because the Otherworld is such big, self-evident news, right?
You're not making any sense, like usual.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

I like specificity.
I thought the question was pretty easy to understand, myself.

Why is she in THAT room? Why is she in it if it doesn't have ANYTHING to do with her? With "what we know about Silent Hill 2," if we can't step into other people's Otherworlds which was shot down before as a "breach in the consistency of storytelling," then why the hell is Angela even able to enter the room if it's not her own?

The specific question is: Whose room is this if not Angela's, and why is she allowed to be in it?

I'd like a specific answer, none of this, "You're not making sense" bullshit, since you've seemingly figured everything out but only ever hint at it vaguely.
AdamMosh
Just Passing Through

Post by AdamMosh »

very interesting, some one talk about the meaning of those things coming in and out on the walls where James fights abstract daddy for the first time.
death is in my blood
Empyrean
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Empyrean »

>Yea, because the Otherworld is such big, self-evident news, right?
You're not making any sense, like usual.
She means as far as every one knows SH is a small town that has a little isuse with fog once in a while and occasionaly people go missing for no real reason compared to Compton where barely a day goes by without the freaken world knowing about how 15 people get shot a day there. Its not like the whole town knows about the otherworld on a daily basis.

I assume people are going to stick with the idea that the town goes about its daily shit with out ever knowing a thing about the otherworld.
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

Aura Twilight is male, I believe.
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

Well, the fact that there's a TV set in it seems to imply that it could be a living room of some sort through Angela's perspective.

Of course, we can't assume that it's a living room because there is no concrete evidence to suggest such a thing. Amirite?
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

I understand, it just wouldn't make sense for this room to be a reflection of anything but Angela. What, is James feeling some female oppression, or something? Has some male dominance been thrust upon him while Mary was sick? I just don't understand why this whole thing has flipped completely since it was decided that "Angela probably wasn't raped."

Yes, because of that our entire notion of what the room represented was thrown out the door, and now it's simply there, seemingly, to be weird. Not any significance to anyone, really.
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

What, is James feeling some female oppression, or something? Has some male dominance been thrust upon him while Mary was sick?
Um, yeah. That's sort of the whole point behind Pyramid Head raping (or having consensual sex with) monsters.
I just don't understand why this whole thing has flipped completely since it was decided that "Angela probably wasn't raped."
Since who decided that "Angela probably wasn't raped?"

Last time I checked, the poll asking that question has 91% of people in agreement of Angela being sexually assaulted to some degree.
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

Um, yeah. That's sort of the whole point behind Pyramid Head raping (or having consensual sex with) monsters.
Because James wanted sex, yes. But that doesn't explain away the room completely. The filth in the wire mesh above the room can't be explained away by saying it represents James sexual frustration. That's one of the main reasons I believe that the room represents Angela: if we believe that she was raped, and this room is for her, than the filth above represents her father's seed, the filth he left in her. For James, it's just another weird thing.
Since who decided that "Angela probably wasn't raped?"

Last time I checked, the poll asking that question has 91% of people in agreement of Angela being sexually assaulted to some degree.
Oh, I think she was raped too, but apparently rape is only "hinted at best." Angela is not a seductress of the sexual type, she was seducing James into suicide, yada yada. I guess the new line of thinking is that she was only "physically abused."
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

Oh, I think she was raped too, but apparently rape is only "hinted at best."
Apparently 91% of people get the hint.
I guess the new line of thinking is that she was only "physically abused."
To only 5% of people, yes. I just find it funny how the evidence is both ambiguous, and yet she probably wasn't raped.

Anyway, I guess I'll go on the record to suggest that that room is a mixture of both James' and Angela's psyches.