Silent Hill, according to Angela:

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

B5160-R
Historical Society Historian

Post by B5160-R »

Very well young grasshopper, very well...

As Tom was saying, it's the collation of two (un)realities; James' and Angela's. But it's in the abyss, the bowling ally isn't.

Laura also has a letter; a real letter. A letter that clearly goes against James' little makebelieve world and therefor can't be a creation of James'. Which also implies Laura to be a real living breathing being.
[ Un-Space Exploration - UE photo blog ]
[ m a r i a ]
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by [ m a r i a ] »

Interesting, I never realized all that. It all makes sense. Good job. :)
[img]http://img17.photobucket.com/albums/v494/xmyheartlove/maria15.jpg[/img]
you know she moves like sin.
Caim

Post by Caim »

What a brilliant theory.
A dead person can't write a letter... it's illegal.
Fatal_Sims
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fatal_Sims »

Love the thoery... Perhaps it's not even a theory and it is more of a fact.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Did you post it on the old forums?
Yes.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

how does laura view the town and why is she there?
Laura is not. She is a vision of the past, you migth say. She was a girl that liked Mary, and hated James.

Laura, as the advesary says, is a part of James' silent hill. Eddie met laura beacause, as the advesary says, James' and Eddie's "silent hills" met.

Remember the Catacombs where James, Angela, an Eddie's graves are?
Where James jumped into?
That all leads to the full enterconnections of all their "silent hills" thats why James
"picked" on Eddie, and James killed him and thats a part of Eddies silent hill...but Angela continued to go on with her silent hill thats why James later met Angela in the hotel.

who knows, maybe Angela and Eddie met :wink:
and Angela saw Eddie as her mother :D

i hope im right :roll:
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Laura, as the advesary says, is a part of James' silent hill.
Actually, I didn't say that. Laura is a real person in a vacant town.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

what im saying....is, like on Eddie's Sh, he sees people picking on him...on Angela's, her abusive father abusing her...you said that right? :wink:
on James', he sees Laura, Maria, and Mary as his Sh is composed.

peace! :mrgreen:
Anonymous

james and angela

Post by Anonymous »

at the burning stairs james would get burned as he cannot make any connection with angela. their relationship stays superficial trough the game so james cannot understand angelas "pain" (that is what i think the flames reprisent). in the end after her "father" is ded and james knows what happened he can see the flames that are there for angela allways. but he does not feel anything for angela and cannot help her. i dont think this is the end for angela.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

What else is there to say or do for her? Nothing. She can't move on, she can't move past what happened to her--not that it's her fault--and for all intents and purposes, there's nothing left to say about her. Her journey is endless, but it's complete.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
FBA 6100
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: james and angela

Post by FBA 6100 »

scape wrote:at the burning stairs james would get burned as he cannot make any connection with angela. their relationship stays superficial trough the game so james cannot understand angelas "pain" (that is what i think the flames reprisent). in the end after her "father" is ded and james knows what happened he can see the flames that are there for angela allways. but he does not feel anything for angela and cannot help her. i dont think this is the end for angela.
James can feel the flames. "It's hot as hell in here". He just never got close enough to be burned.
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/sven14/Sigs/26ac0108.gif[/img]
LizZiGicLae
Hope House Careworker

Post by LizZiGicLae »

The orange devil wrote:James can feel the flames. "It's hot as hell in here". He just never got close enough to be burned.
My James sure did. That was because of me though.
[url=http://www.tripletags.com/profile.asp?memberID=39406][img]http://www.tripletags.com/uploads/j/jezx38454692.jpg[/img][/url]
Room312
Just Passing Through

Post by Room312 »

LizZiGicLae wrote:
The orange devil wrote:James can feel the flames. "It's hot as hell in here". He just never got close enough to be burned.
:lol: I definitely did that too
love walked alone
the rocks cut her tender feet,
and the brambles tore her fair limbs.
there came a companion to her,
but, alas, he was no help,
for his name was heart's pain.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

For what it's worth, I think the footage of Angela in the intro isn't the past, but the present. She's actually running around in her version of Silent Hill. I also don't think the entire town looks like a house, but all the structures are her house. She's aware she's in Silent Hill and that it's a dangerous town...Mentioning something wrong with it implies she's been in the town, and has just traveled to the cemetary for whatever reason.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Is this your default theory?
Hum? Not sure I understand this.

Frozen Halo: If you'll note, I didn't say that Angela sees the cemetery as her house; I said she hadn't made it "home" yet.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SilentSteven
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentSteven »

I'll admit that I haven't been a big fan of some of The Adversary's theories. I've totally disagreed with some of his views but have always respected his passion for the subject of Silent Hill. This theory though is, in my opinion, spot on.
Angela is my favourite character in the whole series but her appearence's at certain points have always made me scratch my head. How did she get from the labyrinth to the hotel etc. Although, as The Adversary says, is only a theory, it's a bloody good one as far as I'm concerned and has certainly given me plenty to consider and think about.

Thanks,
Silent Ste
"They look like monsters to you?....."
agawa
Just Passing Through

Post by agawa »

Excellent write-up. I had the same ideas about Angela when playing the game, but never really took the time to organize my thoughts, so it's nice to read a post like this.
FrozenHalo wrote: She's aware she's in Silent Hill and that it's a dangerous town...Mentioning something wrong with it implies she's been in the town, and has just traveled to the cemetary for whatever reason.
I had always thought that she had come to Silent Hill to find her family and confront herself. However, she just couldn't deal with her past and the reality of it. So, throughout the game she gets increasingly lost in 'her' Silent Hill, until finally James sees what she sees.
Room312 wrote:
LizZiGicLae wrote:
:lol: I definitely did that too
Yeah, I kept walking into them while trying to look at the 'pictures' on the wall.
Biomechanical wrote: and laura's? how does laura view the town and why is she there?
Laura was looking for Mary. She doesn't see anything frightening in the town- she's free of the guilt (whether deserved or not) that James, Angela, and Eddie possess, so nothing appears for her. She most likely sees a normal town, or an empty one. Either way, there's no threat to her there.

Again, this is all just what I got out of it.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Actually this theory makes so much sense at all that's It's not even a theory to me. It's the truth. rofl.
setsuna_PT
Just Passing Through

Post by setsuna_PT »

very interesting O_O this makes sense
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,setsuna-unl-PT.png[/img][/url]
... kimi wa hikari... boku wa kage...
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

I hadn't thought of it that way before, awesome theory. I'll keep this in mind on my next play through.
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down